Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
BarTmaN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 235650
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Default Stage 1 + SF WRX data log (Please Look!)

Car is a 2011 WRX. Mods include: Cobb SF Intake and Invidia N1 Race Catback...that is all
The tune is Stage 1 + SF 93 MT v300 HWG

Before when using the regular wastegate map, boost would max out at 14.9 psi.

Still only hitting less than 16 psi in this log, not sure if that's good or not. Did hit 16.9 psi earlier today, but was not logging.

Also, I included a dyno log from today as well. 306hp/287tq. Seems fairly high for just stage 1, no?

These were done in 3rd gear!

Just want to make sure everything looks ok.

Data Log

Dyno Log
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by BarTmaN; 10-10-2012 at 02:00 AM.
BarTmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
mikeydrives1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262117
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2001 Forester
STi II type M

Default

Welp, from what i can tell the DAM is at 1, there is no knocking and boost isnt fluctuating too wildly.

What was the ambient temp? What else is done to the car (intake, exhaust?)
Sometimes OTS maps are not as effective as they advertise them. Every car is different to some aspect and really ought to be pro-tuned by a dyno tuner.

As far as health, it looks pretty good to me ( Self tuner in training) . Nothing seems out of place. The dyno numbers arent super accurate but those numbers seem acceptable for that setup. The new(er) WRXs make decent power now with these new VF series turbos in comparison to older setups, so you can expect to see 300whp with a tune and being almost stock.
mikeydrives1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #3
BarTmaN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 235650
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeydrives1 View Post
Welp, from what i can tell the DAM is at 1, there is no knocking and boost isnt fluctuating too wildly.

What was the ambient temp? What else is done to the car (intake, exhaust?)
Sometimes OTS maps are not as effective as they advertise them. Every car is different to some aspect and really ought to be pro-tuned by a dyno tuner.

As far as health, it looks pretty good to me ( Self tuner in training) . Nothing seems out of place. The dyno numbers arent super accurate but those numbers seem acceptable for that setup. The new(er) WRXs make decent power now with these new VF series turbos in comparison to older setups, so you can expect to see 300whp with a tune and being almost stock.
COBB SF intake and Invidia N1 race cat back. Stock downpipe. I'm gunna edit original post to put my mods in there, forgot that.

Ambient temperature was I believe 57 degrees, give or take a couple.

Thanks for the information!
BarTmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarTmaN View Post
Car is a 2011 WRX. Mods include: Cobb SF Intake and Invidia N1 Race Catback...that is all
The tune is Stage 1 + SF 93 MT v300 HWG

Before when using the regular wastegate map, boost would max out at 14.9 psi.

Still only hitting less than 16 psi in this log, not sure if that's good or not. Did hit 16.9 psi earlier today, but was not logging.

Also, I included a dyno log from today as well. 306hp/287tq. Seems fairly high for just stage 1, no?

These were done in 3rd gear!

Just want to make sure everything looks ok.

Data Log

Dyno Log
Log looks good. I wouldn't be concerned about the boost - you are pretty close to where you need to be.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
BarTmaN
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 235650
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning
Log looks good. I wouldn't be concerned about the boost - you are pretty close to where you need to be.

Bill
Ok great, thank you!
BarTmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.