Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday November 26, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
J3ffed
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Clarksville, TN
Vehicle:
2007 WRX
black

Talking Hello from TN!

Hey guys,
My name is Jeff, and Ive recently bought a black 2007 wrx. I had a blue 2007 Impreza before my wife ran it into a guard rail.I loved it and knew as soon as I first sat in it I was in love. To be honest I never want to own anyother car. So I got the rex right after tragedy struck. For about a month after I had it, I still had a smile pasted to my face every time I got in it.

Been reading a lot and I love this webiste. I think Ive read every FAQ Unabomber has ever posted. Love it. I really want to learn everything about the impreza wrx/sti that I can. I do have a list started of mods I want to end up with. A lot of unknowns to me about my own car so, learning what Ive got on my car is kinda a first before anything. One day I would really love to get into some Autocross or Rallycross stuff.

So yea, thats it! Any additional info or maybe even a finger point to a general direction would be much appreciated. I know, search search, and search again. Sadly I havent seen much activity in the Clarksville/Nashville area. Any one out here??

Thanks guys!
Jeff
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
J3ffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
Mr Wrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 332887
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Orange County, NY
Vehicle:
2012 WRX stage 2+
DGM (sedan)

Default

Sorry to hear about the impreza dude, but at least you got a faster car now

What's on your list of mods so far? What are your goals?
Mr Wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
Unabomber
Big Ron
Moderator
 
Member#: 18062
Join Date: Apr 2002
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: I can save you a ton of cash
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Default

Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
J3ffed
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Clarksville, TN
Vehicle:
2007 WRX
black

Default

Haha, thanks Unabomber! I actually checked this site out for the first time an hour or so ago. XD

Mr Wrex im not trying to do anything crazy yet, as this is my dd. End goal, Id like to be able to have a well rounded car that have fun in but still be able to drive to work in the morning. I dont have a 400 hp or bust mentality, but Id like to have some room to play. Like I said, id really like to have fun with the car asides from daily driving it.
Right now, things id like to do is up pipe, water/meth injection, headers??, short shifter, dont want coilovers or anything but i would like to get a decent spring/strut combo, and a TUNE! The guy before me used it pretty well so, id like to see whats going on e.m. wise.
Already have a turbo back custom exhaust, it is fmic, has front strut bar, suspension springs (not sure what kind) the rest im not sure...
I did put in a boost guage, and I noticed that its getting 23ish psi when i get on it. From what Ive read that seems a little high...maybe i installed wrong?
J3ffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
JSchell1309
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 321321
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: KC,MO
Vehicle:
'11 STI Hatchback
Dom 1.5XTR, E85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3ffed View Post
Been reading a lot and I love this webiste. I think Ive read every FAQ Unabomber has ever posted. Love it. I really want to learn everything about the impreza wrx/sti that I can. I do have a list started of mods I want to end up with. A lot of unknowns to me about my own car so, learning what Ive got on my car is kinda a first before anything. One day I would really love to get into some Autocross or Rallycross stuff.

So yea, thats it! Any additional info or maybe even a finger point to a general direction would be much appreciated. I know, search search, and search again. Sadly I havent seen much activity in the Clarksville/Nashville area. Any one out here??

Thanks guys!
Jeff


As for regional activity, I'm in the same boat. Check to see if you have any separate forums. I came from St. Louis and now live in Kansas City MO. Both cities have separate forums with a small dedicated following.

Last edited by JSchell1309; 10-10-2012 at 01:58 PM.
JSchell1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
Mr Wrex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 332887
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Orange County, NY
Vehicle:
2012 WRX stage 2+
DGM (sedan)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3ffed View Post
...this is my dd. End goal, Id like to be able to have a well rounded car that have fun in but still be able to drive to work in the morning. I dont have a 400 hp or bust mentality, but Id like to have some room to play. Like I said, id really like to have fun with the car asides from daily driving it.
Right now, things id like to do is up pipe, water/meth injection, headers??, short shifter, dont want coilovers or anything but i would like to get a decent spring/strut combo, and a TUNE!
...
Short shifters definitely are a lot more fun than using the stock stick, i love mine Make sure you research headers (equal length vs unequal length) and how they affect your exhaust note and performance. As for the meth injection, you'll want to get two maps (one using meth and one without it) to make sure you can safely run the car when the meth tank is empty. Definitely talk to your tuner for about which mods to do.
Mr Wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #7
J3ffed
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333636
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Clarksville, TN
Vehicle:
2007 WRX
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wrex View Post
Short shifters definitely are a lot more fun than using the stock stick, i love mine Make sure you research headers (equal length vs unequal length) and how they affect your exhaust note and performance. As for the meth injection, you'll want to get two maps (one using meth and one without it) to make sure you can safely run the car when the meth tank is empty. Definitely talk to your tuner for about which mods to do.
Hahaha, thats good to hear, im pretty stoked to see it for myself. Yea the whole two maps thing feels like its already going to be a monster to take on. We'll see. Might try to break out the laptop and play around with some tuning apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchell1309 View Post
As for regional activity, I'm in the same boat. Check to see if you have any separate forums. I came from St. Louis and now live in Kansas City MO. Both cities have separate forums with a small dedicated following.
The forum search, thats a great idea. Ive been so deep into forums I forget google does stuff too! Haha.

Thanks for the advice and for the welcome guys!
J3ffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.