Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #76
EM101
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 324428
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Marine Blue Pearl

My dealership told me mid-November from the day I placed my order, the very first day it was open to order.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
EM101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #77
arsa13
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326909
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn
Is 8-12 weeks now the standard wait for '13s?
Yes. It is the standard timeframe for an order. It has been the estimated timeframe since the 2012 model year according to SoA. SoA says to expect orders to typically fall much closer to the 12 week mark nowadays.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #78
arsa13
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM101
My dealership told me mid-November from the day I placed my order, the very first day it was open to order.
That's interesting. You're the first one that I've heard has an 'honest' dealer. Mine told me 6-8 weeks. Now I'm going on 10 weeks and still no vin. SoA says November, which is OVER 12 weeks... Despicable, horrendous, deplorable. Shame on you Subaru!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #79
mvray
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 300828
Vehicle:
2013 Imp Sport Prem
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsa13 View Post
That's interesting. You're the first one that I've heard has an 'honest' dealer. Mine told me 6-8 weeks. Now I'm going on 10 weeks and still no vin. SoA says November, which is OVER 12 weeks... Despicable, horrendous, deplorable. Shame on you Subaru!!!
Previously my order status went from late October to mid November.
Now the order status is "Hold" with no projected delivery date and no explanation from SOA. May need to reconsider my order.
I ordered a Silver Sport Premium w/ CVT on 08/11.

Also, those who order now are being told February 2013 for delivery.

Last edited by mvray; 10-13-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Added info.
mvray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:57 AM   #80
arsa13
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvray View Post
Now the order status is "Hold" with no projected delivery date and no explanation from SOA. May need to reconsider my order.

You have to be kidding me! That's incredibly unbelievable!

I may just try to find another dealer or vehicle if I start getting that kind of time frame for delivery. That's utter madness. These aren't Ferrari's or Tesla's we're ordering!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #81
antifeik
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 329212

Quote:

I may just try to find another dealer or vehicle if I start getting that kind of time frame for delivery. That's utter madness. These aren't Ferrari's or Tesla's we're ordering!
Wow, really? I have to agree with you, i might just settle for another
antifeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #82
Piper
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 32242
Vehicle:
2014 DGM Forester XT
2015 WRB LTD WRX

I wonder if Subaru is still having production issues. I can't find but a few for sale in the greater Settle area.

Last edited by Piper; 10-14-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #83
mvray
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 Imp Sport Prem
Silver

Quote:

The dealer I ordered from just had one come in that someone canceled their order for and it was identical to the one I orderd, except for a few minor accessories I was willing to take.

They would not allow the ordered price (invoice) on that car and wanted nearly a thousand more from me. Didn't happen.

The ordered price would only be allowed on the specific ordered car whenever that one arrives.

I think pushing out the XV has caused production issues.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #84
junlee
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 333691

Quote:

Where are you hearing February from? I ordered mine 10 days ago and I was told 6-8 weeks.

I emailed SOA last night with my VON so we will see what they say.
junlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #85
Piper
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2014 DGM Forester XT
2015 WRB LTD WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by junlee View Post
Where are you hearing February from? I ordered mine 10 days ago and I was told 6-8 weeks.

I emailed SOA last night with my VON so we will see what they say.
Definitely doubt the 8 week timeframe as I知 already there. My Impreza order went to Subaru on 8/15, with no car in sight anytime soon. I知 still hoping for sometime in November, but will not be too surprised if it痴 not to me by then. I知 in the Seattle area, so ship-time from port to my dealer should not be much at all.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #86
junlee
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Definitely doubt the 8 week timeframe as I知 already there. My Impreza order went to Subaru on 8/15, with no car in sight anytime soon. I知 still hoping for sometime in November, but will not be too surprised if it痴 not to me by then. I知 in the Seattle area, so ship-time from port to my dealer should not be much at all.
Well, if SOA/my dealer tells me February, I'm going to shop elsewhere. I definitely need to get the car before it starts snowing here. Ugh :/ I doubt my down payment is refundable.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #87
arsa13
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Quote:
Well, if SOA/my dealer tells me February, I'm going to shop elsewhere. I definitely need to get the car before it starts snowing here. Ugh :/ I doubt my down payment is refundable.
No, your down payment should be refundable, otherwise that's theft! You put money down for a car, but if you don't get said car, then you shouldn't have to pay.

A quick search on Google turned up this:
"I work for a car dealer and she is entitled to a 100% refund of her money. unless she signed a buyers order, she is not stuck on that car or without her money. She would have had to have been told that the deposit is non-refundable and it would have had to say that on her receipt."

So, we can get our money back if we change our mind.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #88
junlee
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
No, your down payment should be refundable, otherwise that's theft! You put money down for a car, but if you don't get said car, then you shouldn't have to pay.

A quick search on Google turned up this:
"I work for a car dealer and she is entitled to a 100% refund of her money. unless she signed a buyers order, she is not stuck on that car or without her money. She would have had to have been told that the deposit is non-refundable and it would have had to say that on her receipt."

So, we can get our money back if we change our mind.
Ugh I just don't think that I can find another car in the price range with everything I want.

I wish that I would have just got the one I test drove even tho it wasn't my favorite color.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #89
arsa13
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Quote:
Ugh I just don't think that I can find another car in the price range with everything I want.

I wish that I would have just got the one I test drove even tho it wasn't my favorite color.
I'm starting to think the same thing. The test drive car didn't have every option that I wanted but at least I'd have it by now.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:34 AM   #90
MaxCarnage
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 334249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper

Definitely doubt the 8 week timeframe as I’m already there. My Impreza order went to Subaru on 8/15, with no car in sight anytime soon. I’m still hoping for sometime in November, but will not be too surprised if it’s not to me by then. I’m in the Seattle area, so ship-time from port to my dealer should not be much at all.
Let me know when u end up getting yours (or get a VIN) cuz I ordered 8/9 and live in spokane. I'm thinking it will end up in the Seattle port as well. Last I heard was mid November date but I like u wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed. I'm going to call my dealer first week of November to see if there are any more updates. Last I heard my info was first week of October and I have to call for updates.
MaxCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #91
arsa13
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Called SoA again today. No update. In fact, the lady I spoke with today no longer told me early November. She said it could be any time in November, beginning or end. The end of November would make 16 weeks... I'm already at 12 weeks at this point because if I get my vin by Wednesday (10 weeks) it will take about 2 weeks to ship from Japan to the dealer.

FML.

Once I catch up on my masters homework, I'm going to start looking for vehicles. There is no reason for this kind of treatment or delays in my order.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #92
junlee
Scooby Newbie

Any idea how long it usually takes SoA to answer emails? I sent them one 3 days ago with my VON to see if they would give me an estimate, and they haven't replied yet.

It seems like the more I think about it and read about how everyone is getting screwed over on their orders, I end up wanting to cancel my order and go look at something else. This feeling sucks lol

I still can't find anything else in the pricerange that really compares with the features. Maybe I'll see about test driving a VW GLI or something next week if SoA still hasn't gotten back to me.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #93
arsa13
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default Try again.

Quote:
Any idea how long it usually takes SoA to answer emails? I sent them one 3 days ago with my VON to see if they would give me an estimate, and they haven't replied yet.

It seems like the more I think about it and read about how everyone is getting screwed over on their orders, I end up wanting to cancel my order and go look at something else. This feeling sucks lol

I still can't find anything else in the pricerange that really compares with the features. Maybe I'll see about test driving a VW GLI or something next week if SoA still hasn't gotten back to me.
SoA usually responds to my email within 24-48 hours. I'd send another email from here: https://www.subaru.com/shopping-tools/contact-us.html
Make sure you select Dealer Relations as the subject/category. This is the correct category for VON information.

Hope this helps. I know what you're saying. I want to get the Impreza for so many reasons and this waiting sucks. Good luck!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #94
mvray
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 Imp Sport Prem
Silver

Quote:
The dealer I ordered from just had one come in that someone canceled their order for and it was identical to the one I orderd, except for a few minor accessories I was willing to take.

They would not allow the ordered price (invoice) on that car and wanted nearly a thousand more from me. Didn't happen.

The ordered price would only be allowed on the specific ordered car whenever that one arrives.

I think pushing out the XV has caused production issues.
Update: VIP program info arrived today so I ended up getting car for ordered price (invoice) and pick it up tomorrow. They still no info when my ordered one will arrive.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #95
arsa13
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Quote:
Update: VIP program info arrived today so I ended up getting car for ordered price (invoice) and pick it up tomorrow. They still no info when my ordered one will arrive.
What is this VIP program you and many others speak of? Also, how do I get in on this VIP program? Do you have to be an employee, or pay a fee, own some credit card?
Old 10-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #96
junlee
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
SoA usually responds to my email within 24-48 hours. I'd send another email from here: https://www.subaru.com/shopping-tools/contact-us.html
Make sure you select Dealer Relations as the subject/category. This is the correct category for VON information.

Hope this helps. I know what you're saying. I want to get the Impreza for so many reasons and this waiting sucks. Good luck!
Ah, I didn't do 'dealer relations', I picked the category that said 'other' or something. I will try sending another one, thanks.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #97
Piper
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2014 DGM Forester XT
2015 WRB LTD WRX

Quote:
What is this VIP program you and many others speak of? Also, how do I get in on this VIP program? Do you have to be an employee, or pay a fee, own some credit card?
It's an employer based program that lets you purchase at invoice on select Subaru models. Does not include the following models: WRX, WRX STI, BRZ and XV Crosstrek.

http://www.vip.subaru.com/vip/index.jsp
Old 10-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #98
antdroid
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 334492
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport L
White

man so my dealer totally lied to me when he said 4-6 weeks? i sure hope not but i was expecting 8-12. its only been 2 weeks since I ordered but I may email SOA to check if the order was in the system yet.

I ordered at Carter in Seattle/Shoreline btw.
antdroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #99
Piper
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2014 DGM Forester XT
2015 WRB LTD WRX

Just got a call from my dealer – IT”S HERE!!! Going to go and pick it up now. Looks like the info SOA provides is not very reliable. Was not expecting it until November.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #100
MaxCarnage
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 334249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper
Just got a call from my dealer – IT”S HERE!!! Going to go and pick it up now. Looks like the info SOA provides is not very reliable. Was not expecting it until November.
Gratz man! Post pics! I'm jealous!
MaxCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote