Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday May 4, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #2701
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 217382
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: 3340 W. Oakton Skokie IL 60076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpediem View Post
Not sure what it is, just want to make sure its suppose to be there. Im at 352 miles, love the car and soooo happy with the color.

Yes sir it belongs there.

When the widebody came out on the STi in 2008 there were many many cases of customers being upset about large amounts of rock chips. The front tires on that STi (and even the wrx) stick out slightly past the fender in front towards the bottom. That causes the occassional rock/salt chunk to kick up. Since the rear is so flared that is where the rock/salt would hit.

Subaru started putting those patches of ClearBra on in 2009 or 2010 on all the wide bodied cars and has since started putting them even on the Forester and outback iirc.

It's there to help
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #2702
Bradzilla
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 220634
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanston Subaru View Post
Yes sir it belongs there.

When the widebody came out on the STi in 2008 there were many many cases of customers being upset about large amounts of rock chips. The front tires on that STi (and even the wrx) stick out slightly past the fender in front towards the bottom. That causes the occassional rock/salt chunk to kick up. Since the rear is so flared that is where the rock/salt would hit.

Subaru started putting those patches of ClearBra on in 2009 or 2010 on all the wide bodied cars and has since started putting them even on the Forester and outback iirc.

It's there to help
Too bad they haven't started putting it on the hood too!
Bradzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #2703
Karpediem
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207500
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Hudsonville, MI
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Default

Thanks!
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #2704
JustyWRC
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
09 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanston Subaru View Post

Subaru started putting those patches of ClearBra on in 2009 or 2010 on all the wide bodied cars and has since started putting them even on the Forester and outback iirc.

It's there to help
The 2008 had a small one, but they were putting the larger(current size) on by the end of the model year. I had got them to put it on mine just as a precaution. We don't have a lot of snow days to worry about.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #2705
Californicater
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329690
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: La, Ca
Vehicle:
13 WRX Hatch
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanston Subaru View Post
All that's wrong is that you're trying to insert it into the one that is for the center belt. Try hooking it up to the female reciever next to the one that didn't click. One of them has "center" stamped in little letters on the side, the other doesn't. Common.

You should have let him go to the dealership and be told that in person
Californicater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #2706
mclrn227
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83441
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Joliet, IL
Vehicle:
2013 5DR WRX
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californicater View Post
You should have let him go to the dealership and be told that in person
I swear I checked that. I'm not completely retarded. Unless both buckle-receiver ends are long enough to get twisted 180 and be on the wrong sides without it looking twisted... It was dark.
mclrn227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #2707
Apedz215
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328682
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradzilla View Post
VON stands for Vehicle Order Number. Your salesman will have it unless he didn't actually put your order in. If I were you I'd call and get it from him so that you know your order has been placed.
I called the sales guy and asked what my von was, he said there isnt one since subarus info system is trash, but he could have it in a couple days, still swears that my car will be in within 8 weeks. He seems like a good trustworthy guy and he has alot of postive feedback on clubwrx in the tristate section. I doupt ill have it by 8 weeks with everybody else having on hold problems
Apedz215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #2708
JustyWRC
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
09 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apedz215 View Post
I called the sales guy and asked what my von was, he said there isnt one since subarus info system is trash, but he could have it in a couple days, still swears that my car will be in within 8 weeks. He seems like a good trustworthy guy and he has alot of postive feedback on clubwrx in the tristate section. I doupt ill have it by 8 weeks with everybody else having on hold problems

If he actually placed the order, it gives him a confirmation screen with the VON IMMEDIATELY. I have yet to not get one. I guess there could be a first, but I wouldn't bet on it.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #2709
mclrn227
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83441
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Joliet, IL
Vehicle:
2013 5DR WRX
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanston Subaru View Post
All that's wrong is that you're trying to insert it into the one that is for the center belt. Try hooking it up to the female reciever next to the one that didn't click. One of them has "center" stamped in little letters on the side, the other doesn't. Common.

Why would the center receiver be mounted on the right side and the door seat receiver be mounted toward the center?

mclrn227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #2710
cmk82600
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 248305
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Vehicle:
97 OBS
my custom mixed silver

Default

Somebody screwed up
cmk82600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #2711
Californicater
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329690
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: La, Ca
Vehicle:
13 WRX Hatch
DGM

Default

@least the fix is just 1 bolt away.
Californicater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #2712
dstorm
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329237
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Joplin, Missouri
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
CBS

Default

Managed to pick my car up tonight! Throwing the Volks on and taking pics tomorrow. Waxing tonight. Effing PUMPED. To all still waiting, it's worth every painful minute.
dstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #2713
JustyWRC
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
09 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstorm View Post
Managed to pick my car up tonight! Throwing the Volks on and taking pics tomorrow. Waxing tonight. Effing PUMPED. To all still waiting, it's worth every painful minute.

Congrats! 5 days. That is really good. They don't come to us that fast. We get screwed left and right, it's amazing. Did you get yours at Roper?
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #2714
Sc00bySnack
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334572
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

When do you think the dealership will recieve the car if I ordered 2 days ago? I live in maryland near washington DC.
Sc00bySnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #2715
JustyWRC
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
09 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclrn227 View Post
Why would the center receiver be mounted on the right side and the door seat receiver be mounted toward the center?


That is what it looks like with the Forester seatbelt recall.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #2716
dstorm
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329237
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Joplin, Missouri
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
CBS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustyWRC

Congrats! 5 days. That is really good. They don't come to us that fast. We get screwed left and right, it's amazing. Did you get yours at Roper?
Yes sir!
dstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:55 AM   #2717
bradleyrgme
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334324
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Base
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc00bySnack View Post
When do you think the dealership will recieve the car if I ordered 2 days ago? I live in maryland near washington DC.
Which dealer? I ordered from Stohlman 7 weeks and 2 days ago and my order says month of December.

I also got a VON right away. I'm pretty sure that's standard.
bradleyrgme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #2718
Bradzilla
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 220634
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
Ice Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustyWRC View Post
If he actually placed the order, it gives him a confirmation screen with the VON IMMEDIATELY. I have yet to not get one. I guess there could be a first, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Since you're experienced and because I and pretty much everyone else got VONs quickly I'd say he shouldn't bet on it being a first either. Also, I ordered 6 weeks ago and my dealer is still showing an ETA of December so for those expecting to take delivery within 6-8 weeks...good luck, and if you get your car before me then I hate you!
Bradzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #2719
Sc00bySnack
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334572
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyrgme View Post
Which dealer? I ordered from Stohlman 7 weeks and 2 days ago and my order says month of December.

I also got a VON right away. I'm pretty sure that's standard.
hm fitzgerald. I should have my order # by monday. Do you think they will create and ship the cars on that day? In other words, do you think my car will be made and shipped on december since theyre shipping out cars in our area?
Sc00bySnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #2720
JustyWRC
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
09 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradzilla View Post
Since you're experienced and because I and pretty much everyone else got VONs quickly I'd say he shouldn't bet on it being a first either. Also, I ordered 6 weeks ago and my dealer is still showing an ETA of December so for those expecting to take delivery within 6-8 weeks...good luck, and if you get your car before me then I hate you!
It still depends on what color/code/option you choose. If they decided to build a ship load of base models and you ordered a limited with nav, it may take longer and someone who ordered after could get one before you. That happened with one of our BRZ orders. The original 5 we were getting sold out 4 hours after ordering started. 2 months later, a guy orders an automatic and gets his 4 weeks later. Only 2 of the original buyers had received their cars. Shoot, to this day #5 is still waiting.
JustyWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #2721
dothatshht
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335243
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Yonkers, NY
Vehicle:
13 WRX
SWP

Default

how do you track via order number?
dothatshht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #2722
AWD Freak
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262593
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothatshht
how do you track via order number?
Either sales person or call Subaru customer service.
AWD Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #2723
idauntless
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 330375
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: Beijing, PRC
Vehicle:
2012 XV50 Camry
Black

Default One Bumpy Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Hollywood View Post
Looks awesome, dauntless. Just like the one I have coming, sans the exhaust. Congrats.
Yes it looks awesome and sounds cool enough.

But maybe I am used to Audi and found out the SPT is too loud around 3000~3500 rpm on high way. It has sort of resonance noise around this rpm range and will shake rear interior plastic cover behind rear seat.

And the suspension set-up is really JDM: bumpy and bumpy! Not very comfortable and should avoid local traffic jam otherwise it may cause some sour stomach.

BTW put some active-charcoal or odor eliminator in the car. The smell makes me dizzy after a long drive from Milwaukee to Chicago.

However I don't regret to get my Sti even a tiny bit. This car pull G-forces!

Hope to see yours soon and I will post some more refined photo later.

idauntless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #2724
prohobo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335696
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SRQ - FL
Vehicle:
2013 STI (5dr)
Black

Default Our Dual Order (WRX/STI)

My wife and I have been a Subaru family since we married, first it was a 2004 WRX, then she got a Forester XT. I traded the WRX in for a Legacy (but miss the WRX).

Well it is our 10th year anniversary and we decided to both upgraded to Scoobies. We both miss and love our old wrx.

We are trading in our Forester and Legacy for two cars.

1. WRX limited 5-dr. (pearl blue)
2. STI 5-dr (black)

We ordered them yesterday from Mastro in Tampa (10/20). They said 8-10 weeks. After reading this thread, I am starting to wonder if that is even realistic. Let's hope.

We can't wait and I am excited, as is my wife. I will keep you updated as to the progress.

Regards....
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #2725
gehusi
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335708
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default Buying experience

I had a painless buying experience with Dan at Grand Subaru. This is my first Subaru (2013 WRX hatch, premium trim in dark gray), and the car is fantastic. Dan was responsive, gave me a great price, the car was ready to be picked up when he said it would be, and overall it was a pleasure doing business with him. Count me a satisfied customer; I would buy from him again.
gehusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2015 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.