Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #126
xchristensen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 116562
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Irvine, California
Vehicle:
2005 STi (PSM)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrule View Post
Well, arn't open decks well known for going bad (cylinder walls warp from what I understand) at lower boost psi than a closed deck? (I'm a noob on this, so bare with my idiocy)...
Seems like nothing is being held back, and depending on the levels it will hold without a doubt. However as i said nothing is being held back... why did they not just slap in an EJ25 + sleeve and prepare for the power?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xchristensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #127
jproy12
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 116315
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada / Upstate NY
Vehicle:
'12 Forester 2.5X

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrule View Post
Figured I'd ask the question for you!
Not a problem
jproy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #128
EVT_Dan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 143534
Join Date: Mar 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoreo View Post
Engines in general are known for going from crap tunes, inappropriate parts, and shoddy build tolerances.

This build looks like they know what they're doing. It'll be just fine.
How well built it is has nothing to do with whether the actual cylinder walls will withstand high boost loads for prolonged periods of time, unless they are sleeving the block.

It's been known for a long time that the material Subaru has been using to make the blocks, has gotten worse over the years. Less dense. Your standard open deck block is the weakest, no matter how much money you pour into cranks, pistons, bearings etc. I've seen insanely built O-ringed engines warp cylinder walls quite quickly in a race setting with high boost and aggressive anti-lag (European style RallyCross)
EVT_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #129
spyrule
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 222703
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
Crystal Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT_Dan View Post
How well built it is has nothing to do with whether the actual cylinder walls will withstand high boost loads for prolonged periods of time, unless they are sleeving the block.

It's been known for a long time that the material Subaru has been using to make the blocks, has gotten worse over the years. Less dense. Your standard open deck block is the weakest, no matter how much money you pour into cranks, pistons, bearings etc. I've seen insanely built O-ringed engines warp cylinder walls quite quickly in a race setting with high boost and aggressive anti-lag (European style RallyCross)
^^^ = This.

I'm hoping like god that they are not planning crazy boost, or ultra high compression (less of an issue), or this beautifully built engine will be for nothing.
spyrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #130
Aydin22B
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335657
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: TÜRKİYE
Vehicle:
1997 Subaru 22B
BLACK

Default

Thank you very Much for your concerns but my block is sleeved as well.Not Darton or ilke Darton Style.My garage sleeved it like they sleeve their Mercedes aluminium blocks.if you look at the photos more carefully you can see the difference. Thank you very Much again for All your comments.



Aydin22B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #131
EvileyeZ88
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 233501
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Fairfax Va
Vehicle:
07AD 337/335SAXWAGON
99 outback sport

Default

This build is just nucking futs!!!

Can't wait to see the build finished
EvileyeZ88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #132
berge56
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 56754
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Mass
Vehicle:
2004 Hybrid 2.5XTR
RIP Chris@EFI

Default

subscribed..... I would love to do half of the stuff you have accomplished thus far. Fantastic job.
berge56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #133
Xcasinonightzone
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 101255
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northern CT
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
GRP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydin22B View Post
ehehe There is no 22B in Turkey neither 2 door impreza. So it gets hard to explain many people why does that fenders are wide. Most people thinks it a wide body bu it's not as you know. Thats why i call it 22B. Its much more simple

this literally makes no sense
Xcasinonightzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #134
Crazy_pilot
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 164242
Join Date: Nov 2007
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Toronto
Vehicle:
1992 SVX
2008 Spec B

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcasinonightzone View Post
this literally makes no sense
My estimate at translation: The 22B and 2.5RS coupe were never sold in Turkey, so most don't understand the heritage of the flared fenders. They assume it's simply a wide body kit. He's calling it a 22B to make the connection for those who don't know.

Ease up on the guy, I doubt very much that english is his first language.
Crazy_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #135
spyrule
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 222703
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
Crystal Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydin22B View Post
Thank you very Much for your concerns but my block is sleeved as well.Not Darton or ilke Darton Style.My garage sleeved it like they sleeve their Mercedes aluminium blocks.if you look at the photos more carefully you can see the difference. Thank you very Much again for All your comments.
What did he use to actually sleeve the block with? (Just curious really).

Love the build, can't wait to hear/see a video of this thing start up and drive.
spyrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #136
561wrx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 166427
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: boynton bch, fl
Vehicle:
03 wrx

Default

Holy mother of chuck noris
561wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #137
SuBK
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 147416
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Mill Creek, WA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
2000 Impreza 2.5rs

Default

SWEET BABY JESUS
SuBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #138
Aydin22B
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335657
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Location: TÜRKİYE
Vehicle:
1997 Subaru 22B
BLACK

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
My estimate at translation: The 22B and 2.5RS coupe were never sold in Turkey, so most don't understand the heritage of the flared fenders. They assume it's simply a wide body kit. He's calling it a 22B to make the connection for those who don't know.

Ease up on the guy, I doubt very much that english is his first language.
Thanks for the translation As Crazy_pilot mentioned above Subaru Turkey never imported any 2 door impreza model. Most of the people in Turkey don't understand what '22B' means and they just keep asking the same questions about my fenders. Now i simply say 'google 22B' thats it

sorry for the mistakes but there is huge time difference in Turkey and USA so i was sleepy that day. I will be more careful from now on.


My sleeves are custom made according to my builder Garage 764's specs.

Last edited by Aydin22B; 10-23-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Aydin22B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #139
Psychoreo
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 79643
Join Date: Jan 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Cromwell
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI
Terminal black pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydin22B View Post
Thanks for the translation As Crazy_pilot mentioned above Subaru Turkey never imported any 2 door impreza model. Most of the people in Turkey don't understand what '22B' means and they just keep asking the same questions about my fenders. Now i simply say 'google 22B' thats it

sorry for the mistakes but there is huge time difference in Turkey and USA so i was sleepy that day. I will be more careful from now on.


My sleeves are custom made according to my builder Garage 764's specs.
Screw being careful with your English. Usually we hound people for terrible grammar, they get butt hurt, and go back to their "stage 2" 2.5i and cry. We'll either figure it out or just look at the pictures.

With this build and the amount of pictures you've dispensed in such a short time, I think we can cut you some slack.
Psychoreo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #140
spyrule
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 222703
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
Crystal Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoreo View Post
Screw being careful with your English. Usually we hound people for terrible grammar, they get butt hurt, and go back to their "stage 2" 2.5i and cry. We'll either figure it out or just look at the pictures.

With this build and the amount of pictures you've dispensed in such a short time, I think we can cut you some slack.
^^^ What he said... keep the pictures coming and don't worry a damn bit about people who can't wrap their brain around a little broken english.
spyrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #141
SubaruMatt
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335834
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Paola, Kansas
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default

Pshhh. This is an extremely weak build, and most certainly NOT the GREATEST F***ING THING I'VE EVER SEEN. You're not an EXTREMELY TALENTED CAR GOD or anything... hahaha hope you're feeling the sarcasm here :P, this is nothing short of stunning, you're doing an amazing job! I've literally never seen someone so skilled! Keep going strong bro! We love the pictures!
SubaruMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #142
Xcasinonightzone
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 101255
Join Date: Nov 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Northern CT
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
GRP

Default

i'm not being harsh on the guy because of broken english at all. this car really does look (and i'm sure it performs) great. instead of incorrectly calling his car a 22b (something he's done with the title of this thread and his vehicle description), all you have to do is tell people that you've made the car's fenders wider to accomodate wider width wheels so that the car handles better?
Xcasinonightzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #143
jospgut
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 235857
Join Date: Jan 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: oregon city OR
Vehicle:
2002 wrx stg 2
PSM

Default

Subscribed!!....
jospgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #144
WRXWTF
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 257230
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mustang OK
Vehicle:
02 Hybrid WRX
White/Bluepearl+CF

Default

this is sick
WRXWTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #145
fxt05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 208521
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Vancouver, WA
Vehicle:
'96 STI Type RA
'05 FXT

Default

More of these intake manifolds/ air to water intercoolers need to be produced and sold. Pure badass!
fxt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #146
bhhamblin
n00b Moderator
Moderator
 
Member#: 99397
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Clinton, UT
Vehicle:
13 STI, 83 DR30
93 R32 GTS-T, 93 R32 GTR

Default

Very amazing build you have going on here.
bhhamblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #147
Big_DeWeY
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 37078
Join Date: May 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: TH Motorsports
Vehicle:
95 L
Blue-ish

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxt05 View Post
More of these intake manifolds/ air to water intercoolers need to be produced and sold. Pure badass!
THIS!!!!
Big_DeWeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:56 AM   #148
WRX Harvey
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 13025
Join Date: Dec 2001
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Vehicle:
1998 RS-T
Rally Blue

Default

This amazing car is very inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing.
WRX Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #149
mightymints
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 252858
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Pflugerville, Tx
Vehicle:
2015 STi WRB/Gold LE
2013 WRB STi 5dr Stage1AP

Default


My penis has been at full mast for many days, great work.
mightymints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #150
champion
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 268728
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Türkiye\Bursa
Vehicle:
1998 Subaru impreza
Blue

Default

I'm watching a documentary flavor.
champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.