|10-27-2012, 06:30 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2012
'13 STi Advice and Questions
just got my '13 STi sedan and I'm loving it!
There's a few things that I need to do to prepare myself for winter and the future life of the car.
1. I live in Chicago, and I am looking for a place that does an excellent job on clearbra applications.
I've tried looking around but haven't had any luck finding a place. I need to have this done asap as well before I have one unlucky rock chip in my paint
2. I called my dealership today asking for pricing for a car cover ($80) and the bag ($12) which is ridiculous.
Does anyone know of any generic car covers I can buy for a lower price. Halloween is coming and I don't want to take any risks...
3. During that phone call I asked how much it would be to install a set of mudflaps for the STi, when they responded that they don't have that for any year STi and don't do installs of that nature at the dealership.
I said that's crazy and asked for the service manager who wasn't there today (saturday), so I will call back and deal with that.
4. Winter is right around the corner in Chicago, and I need a good set of winter performance tires. I am looking at Blizzak LM60s and Dunlop winter sport 3D's once November winter packages come out. So my question is, what is the proper sized tire and wheel specifications are required for my '13 STi?
Tirerack says 235/45-17 for the tires. What size wheels would I need?
Does this information sound correct? I just want to make sure before spending $800+ dollars for the wrong set of tires and wheels.
5. Someone told me I need to start my rust prevention before the snow starts. Don't know if it's true or what methods to use, but he said something along the lines of oil on the fenders.
6.I'm new to driving manual. I know there is a sticky somewhere that lets people know the proper shift points and gears to be in etc including how to get the best MPG's as well, and if anyone can direct me to that I'd greatly appreciate it
7. Is there a sticky somewhere on detailing care for the car? I'm not really big on waxing or polishing, so I want to start simple. What things do I need to give my baby a safe old fashioned car wash?
Thank you guys for taking the time to help and read this wall of text. Any ounce of help is appreciated!