Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday September 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #126
ToyotaMike
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 286007
Join Date: Jun 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Long Island NY
Vehicle:
2007 WRX TR STI Swap
OBP 399.9 WHP E85 PAS/CTC

Default

I was at the gas station the other day, filling up on some E85. I wanted to make sure that I was getting E85 so I had the quick fuel test tube out checking the ethanol content. The lady behind me had this look on her face like I was assembling a bomb . Then, the guy on the other side of the pump chimes in...

Guy: what are you doing?
Me: checking to make sure I am getting real e85
Guy: is that car like a diesel or something?
Me: no...not a diesel...it runs on e85
Guy: (puzzled look) did it come like that from the factory ?
Me: no, I had it tuned for e85
Guy: why would you do that?
Me: because e85 has a higher octane rating and with the higher octane...(guy is totally lost)...basically it's almost like having race gas, I can make more power (remembering KISS theory)
Guy: oh....so do you always have to test it? That seems like way to much work
Me: you don't have to I guess but I am concerned with the grade of the fuel because I am getting re tuned and with the colder season coming I wanted to make sure I was getting e85 and not like e70
Guy: oh well, good luck with that
Me: Thanks

I am really not sure I how kept a straight face when he asked if it was diesel
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ToyotaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #127
CarverSnell
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 256218
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Concord, NC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
PSM | VF30 300whp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by intense98rt View Post
I only had one encounter since I got my car in march. I was putting mail in the mail box and a guy taking his morning walk stopped to talk
guy "nice car"
me "thanks"
guy "I saw a bunch of those rally cars at the speedway last week, they looked pretty sharp"
me "yea I wanted to go watch them run but I didn't want to deal with all the nascar fans out there".
guy "I didn't watch them run, I left after the nascar race was over."
It was worth it...

They all eventually fell asleep.


Back on topic, I had a blue SRT4 yell "Subarus are gay!" at me while pulling out of a gas station. I sort of laughed it off.
CarverSnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #128
FurrTrader
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314374
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default

I once got asked by a girl at the gas station if my hella horns where turbos... I was so dumb founded I just said "yes?"
FurrTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #129
mpristave
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284761
Join Date: Jun 2011
Vehicle:
2012 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarverSnell View Post
It was worth it...

They all eventually fell asleep.


Back on topic, I had a blue SRT4 yell "Subarus are gay!" at me while pulling out of a gas station. I sort of laughed it off.
Butthurt?
mpristave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #130
HeroCrank
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301089
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MAINE
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5 door
TP stage 2

Default

i would love to see those subarus at any race track
HeroCrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #131
DSRX2005
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 271681
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Franklin, NH
Vehicle:
2013 WRB Subaru WRX
AJW Performance

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarverSnell

It was worth it...

They all eventually fell asleep.

Back on topic, I had a blue SRT4 yell "Subarus are gay!" at me while pulling out of a gas station. I sort of laughed it off.
Haha I've actually fallen asleep at a NASCAR event before.
DSRX2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #132
HeroCrank
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301089
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MAINE
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5 door
TP stage 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSRX2005 View Post
Haha I've actually fallen asleep at a NASCAR event before.
I can see how that would happen
HeroCrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #133
Drowland87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309745
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cumming, GA
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STI
WRB /Gold BBS

Default

^ lol how could you possibly stay awake watching a 3-4 hour left hand turn?!
Drowland87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #134
HeroCrank
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301089
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MAINE
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5 door
TP stage 2

Default

Got a gem Friday night after work

Missing front tooth guy --"that thing looks like it will rock and roll!"

Me-- huh?

Missing front tooth guy-- she will do 140mph right?

Me--not sure there aren't any racetracks around here

Missing front tooth guy-- basically really long bad story about his brother that has a 67 Shelby gt500 in his barn and that will do 140 all day long.

Me----- sweeeet story man ill see you later.
HeroCrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #135
rjh2pd
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317329
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis Missouri
Vehicle:
2003 Legacy
Silver

Default

My parents were filling their 05 s2000 up at a gas station and a guy came up to them and complimented them on it and proceed to tell them that they needed to listen to good music while driving it and gave them a mixed cd.
rjh2pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #136
Jaylyons1
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 113884
Join Date: May 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
Black

Default

Alright, we're gonna go real fast then turn left... then we're gonna go real fast and turn left...
Jaylyons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #137
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

i've been approached by a few women while filling up my tank.. the funniest one was when a lady came up to me and said

"I love your bmw, what year is it"?






I drive a mercedes c class
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #138
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaMike View Post
I was at the gas station the other day, filling up on some E85. I wanted to make sure that I was getting E85 so I had the quick fuel test tube out checking the ethanol content. The lady behind me had this look on her face like I was assembling a bomb . Then, the guy on the other side of the pump chimes in...

Guy: what are you doing?
Me: checking to make sure I am getting real e85
Guy: is that car like a diesel or something?
Me: no...not a diesel...it runs on e85
Guy: (puzzled look) did it come like that from the factory ?
Me: no, I had it tuned for e85
Guy: why would you do that?
Me: because e85 has a higher octane rating and with the higher octane...(guy is totally lost)...basically it's almost like having race gas, I can make more power (remembering KISS theory)
Guy: oh....so do you always have to test it? That seems like way to much work
Me: you don't have to I guess but I am concerned with the grade of the fuel because I am getting re tuned and with the colder season coming I wanted to make sure I was getting e85 and not like e70
Guy: oh well, good luck with that
Me: Thanks

I am really not sure I how kept a straight face when he asked if it was diesel
What is the KISS theory?
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #139
chubbsub
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 176944
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Mesa, Az
Vehicle:
06 STI
Aspen White

Default

Keep It Simple Stupid. or so I've heard
chubbsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #140
Shortpersonbk
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 319017
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Michigan
Vehicle:
12 slow sti 6266 e
595/450

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanz823 View Post
The only time people approached me was when Iived in Michigan and all the lifted truck kids would come by and make fun of my "little 4 banger"
lmao i had major rage quit about this earlyer today i hate michigan lol
Shortpersonbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #141
Gyges
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297111
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Vehicle:
2006 STi

Default

Thank god we get full service in NJ.

I usually just roll up my windows and avoid human contact while filling
Gyges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #142
nashcarr
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 131897
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Ohio
Vehicle:
2010 STi
SSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyges
Thank god we get full service in NJ.

I usually just roll up my windows and avoid human contact while filling
When I am filling up in NJ I do the same as 99% of those guys dont even speak English! Lol
nashcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #143
swpshgnwgn
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 150494
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Brighton
Vehicle:
11 WRX
SWP Torqued Stg II

Default

Wasn't at a gas station, but I had just bought my WRX and had a guy in a Eurovan stop beside me at a stop light. He rolled down his window and in his Australian accent said "Love your ride mate!!!" Made my day.
swpshgnwgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:59 AM   #144
mpristave
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284761
Join Date: Jun 2011
Vehicle:
2012 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh2pd View Post
My parents were filling their 05 s2000 up at a gas station and a guy came up to them and complimented them on it and proceed to tell them that they needed to listen to good music while driving it and gave them a mixed cd.
Around here thats how people try to get you to buy drugs. They will put their meth or crack or whatever into the CD case under a CD and they expect you to come back if you like what you got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post
i've been approached by a few women while filling up my tank.. the funniest one was when a lady came up to me and said

"I love your bmw, what year is it"?






I drive a mercedes c class
There was an article on jalopnik a while back that took BMW, Mercedes, Hyundai, and Lexus models and creatively swapped badges and photoshopped grills on them because all those cars look exactly the same otherwise.
mpristave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #145
Skrane
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296352
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

The other week I was filling up and while waiting I decided to pull my dipstick, (Honda del sol), a guy in his 20s or 30s saw my obvious turbo and complimented me on my setup. "I love boosted b series". I have a d16 which is a single cam and is obvious if you see the valve cover. When I told him it was a single cam he then laughed and went on about how I'm an idiot for boosting a single and how his b18 hatch would destroy me, I simple replied "no just no". That night we were both at the same meet and wouldn't stop asking me to run him and I kept on saying no. When I left he followed me so I indulged him and we did a 40 roll, I smoked him of course. The next week at the same meet he said there was no way it was a d16 so I popped the hood and showed him, again lol. He had some ridiculous idea that I swapped my motor this week so he would never know I didn't have a single. This was the biggest moron I have ever met my entire time in the car scene
Skrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #146
stop_rallytime
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 225515
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: NB, Connecticut
Default

Cool story bro.... but I think you posted on the wrong forum btw how your floating water jackets holding up :P
stop_rallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #147
Skrane
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296352
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop_rallytime
Cool story bro.... but I think you posted on the wrong forum btw how your floating water jackets holding up :P
What?
Skrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #148
stop_rallytime
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 225515
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: NB, Connecticut
Default

You have a turbo honda and you don't know what a water jacket is?
stop_rallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #149
Skrane
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296352
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop_rallytime
You have a turbo honda and you don't know what a water jacket is?
I was referring to you saying I posted in the wrong section
Skrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:22 AM   #150
swpshgnwgn
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 150494
Join Date: Jun 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Brighton
Vehicle:
11 WRX
SWP Torqued Stg II

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpristave View Post
Around here thats how people try to get you to buy drugs. They will put their meth or crack or whatever into the CD case under a CD and they expect you to come back if you like what you got.
Clever. Where the hell do you live?
swpshgnwgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.