Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday July 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Alaskan Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Alaskan Impreza Club Forum -- AKIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 22923
Join Date: Aug 2002
Chapter/Region: International
Location: above 8000 rpm!
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Wink A fire side chat with the youngsters.

A lot of talk is given to the generation gap going on within AKIC. Us old grizzled veterans are always bitchin' about you younguns and vice versa. I figure it is high time to bridge the divide a bit. A nambi bambi, touchy feely, fire side chat, for all the parking lot crotch gazers as well as the bald, big bellied blowhards.

I apparently bruised a few feelings in some of my recent postings. My intentions were to express my grave concern for an individual's choices in life by pointing out what (in my perception) should have been an embarrassing revelation, in the hopes that this person would realize, "Holy smoke, I'm a dumbass". Instead, certain folks took offense and went weeping into their pillows, nestled in their mothers' bosoms, sucking their thumbs, sulking around, muttering to themselves and being silently irate. What is really funny, is this person and I have another line of dialogue going on where we smooth things over with each other that none of you get to see.

My heart is good, my intentions pure. How my point comes across may seem hard or harsh but the spirit of what my words intend to do, is well meaning, I assure you. My outer demeanor and inner self are at odds many times. Those here, who truly know me, can attest to my generosity, warmth and gregarious nature.

My prior occupation, as a Paramedic, was pretty much cut and dried. Get to the point, no bull****. I needed to deliver the message and get the job done in the quickest fashion possible. That didn't always leave time for a lot of hand holding, gentleness, preparation, numbing or lubrication before I stuck it in!

Part of my new training, you have to deliver all sorts of compassionate care in a bit more relaxed and eloquent manner. I am working on this. Be patient with me…God hasn't finished his work with me just yet.

A good start to this hopefully more communicative dialogue will be a introduction in our differences in language.
I could find no better illustration of this than...


AND SO, with this opening salvo….perhaps we can find new common ground.



So, If I call you out or give you grief, try not to take offense. It is because I care, truly care.

If I didn't like you, I wouldn't take the time or effort.


The ball is in your court.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Nomadgene; 11-02-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Old school rules.
Nomadgene is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default



lol I kid! Thanks for that, Mike. Good stuff. Good stuff.
chanomatik is online now  
Old 11-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
AKSubie
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 6214
Join Date: Apr 2001
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Wasilly
Vehicle:
92 Corrado SLC
01.5 S4

Default

LOL... nambi bambi..




You got a good heart mike, and all we ALL can ever do is learn to respect each other more. I'm not sure who's panties you bunched up though, perhaps I missed it.
AKSubie is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
LiLpNoY
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 94836
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage
Vehicle:
2oo5 STi Aspen
2o12 PiLoT CherrY

Default

Hmm. All I read was, blah blah blah. Im an old geezer so stop being a little bitch.

Lol. I kid I kid.
That being said, a lot of you youngsters should heed Mike's advice regardless of tact. He is a quick racer is all formats and an all around decent guy. I feel safer at racing events when he is around, because I know if anything serious injuries were to occur, Mike is there for that critical first minutes until on duty paramedics arrive.

Last edited by LiLpNoY; 11-02-2012 at 01:22 PM.
LiLpNoY is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Mavrik
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 90347
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage AK
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ & Imp 2.5RS
Yamaha FZ8

Default

Where is the slow hand clap gif when you need it.
Mavrik is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
Dominator
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 156712
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Vehicle:
1991 Legacy SS
Pearl White

Default

These "come over here and sit with me for a while" threads of yours are great. I like that you don't try to sum it all up in 140 characters or less. There's a lot of knowledge that comes with age and experience, but conversely, there's a lot of bravado and comes with youth and naivety.

I'm sure you saw it all the time in your previous line of work. The guys that say, "I got this... hold my beer" are usually the ones doing stupid things. The guys who read and research things before they do them, usually are more prepared for the bumps in the road.

Nomad, I like your point of view on a lot of things. I think I would trust your judgement. I'm not saying that unconditionally. But I think if you called me out on something, I would make you prove it, and you could back it up.

Cheers to you man!
Dominator is online now  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrik View Post
Where is the slow hand clap gif when you need it.
chanomatik is online now  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
bjcarter2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 227288
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Palmer, AK
Vehicle:
2006 MCS JCW
Pepper White

Default

We're you calling me fat?

Pot, meet Kettle, Kettle...!!!



Such a troublemaker. But you do know how to makeup for yourself. Nice work Doc.
bjcarter2 is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
aleutdude
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 129089
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage,Alaska
Vehicle:
06 Impreza2.5Bug-i
OBP

Default

I dunno. I feel like I still have a foot in both worlds at my age. I will say this-the older I get, the less patience I have for people's "quirks". I'll accept the bald descriptor-I am working on the fat, though. I try to give respect until someone shows me that they won't return the favor, it doesn't matter to me how old or young they are. Bridging the age gap will always be tricky but as long as a mutual respect and open-ness is present I feel like both sides have alot to learn from one another. My 2 cents.
aleutdude is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #10
Dominator
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 156712
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Vehicle:
1991 Legacy SS
Pearl White

Default

^^ Well said.
Dominator is online now  
Old 11-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #11
aleutdude
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 129089
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage,Alaska
Vehicle:
06 Impreza2.5Bug-i
OBP

Default

Thanks. That being said, I'll probably end up like Clint's character in Gran Torino if I live long enough.
aleutdude is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 22923
Join Date: Aug 2002
Chapter/Region: International
Location: above 8000 rpm!
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator View Post
I think I would trust your judgement. I'm not saying that unconditionally. But I think if you called me out on something, I would make you prove it, and you could back it up.
Dude, if ANYONE ever trusted my judgment unconditionally, I would have them committed. Literally.

There is an old saying…"Good judgement comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience comes from bad judgment. If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough. "

One day, I will show you all my scars. There's lots of them.

Me and Taig were talking the other day. I told him, man, If I'd have known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

I've only gotten to where I am and still able to function by pure dumb luck. I'm willing to share the experience and good judgment in the hopes that it will prevent someone else's misery.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarter2 View Post
Such a troublemaker. But you do know how to makeup for yourself. Nice work Doc.
Thanks POPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleutdude View Post
I dunno. I feel like I still have a foot in both worlds at my age.
Nah, you're old. Maybe a foot in the grave… but not one in the crib.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleutdude View Post
I feel like both sides have alot to learn from one another.
If I ever want to know how to loose my ass on a vehicle sale so I can turn around and buy a new car every other week, I already have my very own blaxican guru!


Quote:
Originally Posted by aleutdude View Post
, I'll probably end up like Clint's character in Gran Torino if I live long enough.
You mean to tell me, that wasn't actually you?
Nomadgene is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #13
White_Rice
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 160049
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, AK
Default

The AKIC after school special. Awesome.
White_Rice is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #14
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadgene View Post
If I ever want to know how to loose my ass on a vehicle sale so I can turn around and buy a new car every other week, I already have my very own blaxican guru!
TROLLOLOLLOL in your own thread! j/k Never a loss, only ever gains, Sweet Cheeks.
chanomatik is online now  
Old 11-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #15
bjcarter2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 227288
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Palmer, AK
Vehicle:
2006 MCS JCW
Pepper White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Rice View Post
The AKIC after school special. Awesome.


That's some funny shiz right there folks.
bjcarter2 is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #16
bjcarter2
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 227288
Join Date: Oct 2009
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Palmer, AK
Vehicle:
2006 MCS JCW
Pepper White

Default

Bringing this back to the top so it's easier for Mike to find.

bjcarter2 is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #17
_davin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 260501
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5dr SWP Ltd

Default

Short sighted philosophies? Such as women being able to vote? or black people being... people? those type of short sighted philosophies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadgene View Post
Institutions which have been working on this planet for millennia, pre-dating our own nation's foundation and about to be fundamentally reversed. IT IS NOT GOING TO GO WELL.

Your types of short sighted philosophies are opposed to truth, justice, science and universal law.

Forgive them father, they know not what they do.
Also you're contradicting yourself, but I digress.

Last edited by _davin; 11-08-2012 at 11:56 PM.
_davin is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 02:29 AM   #18
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 22923
Join Date: Aug 2002
Chapter/Region: International
Location: above 8000 rpm!
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _davin View Post
Short sighted philosophies? Such as women being able to vote? or black people being... people? those type of short sighted philosophies?

Also you're contradicting yourself, but I digress.
DAVIN, you are wrong. I've not contradicted myself.


Furthermore, I said nothing in the Vote thread about women and voting, nor blacks not being people. Stop trying to project a picture that isn't there. You couldn't be more wrong.

I was talking about short sighted philosophies like legalizing recreational drugs. Look at the problems we have now with alcohol and tobacco. You think it is going to get better with more drugs? Is that your answer?

I was talking about a philosophy of taking away from those who produce and giving it to those who are non-productive. Giving from one's heart & soul so that the misfortunate may survive is a good thing. Perpetuating generations of those who will not help themselves is not a good thing.
Nomadgene is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:24 AM   #19
_davin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 260501
Join Date: Oct 2010
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5dr SWP Ltd

Default

I assumed the word "institutions" was referring to marriag, if that's not the case I apologies.

I think we should keep religion and politics out of this forum so we can all just be friends.
_davin is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #20
IlIlIIllIlIlIIl
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336959
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, AK
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadgene View Post
I was talking about short sighted philosophies like legalizing recreational drugs. Look at the problems we have now with alcohol and tobacco. You think it is going to get better with more drugs? Is that your answer?.
on the plus side, the hippies will now congregate in colorado
IlIlIIllIlIlIIl is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #21
granny
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283145
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Avondale, Arizona
Vehicle:
1997 LEGASTi Wagon
- PowerflexUSA - Moore -

Default

Mike, there is no use talking to them. Most people on this site will not agree with you on politics because they like getting free stuff handed to them on a platter. Who doesn't? Here is what I have to say about all this hubbub.

1. Fact - Taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor does not work.
Why? They will spend it on what the want and not what they need. Who here has there car completely paid off? Not many. Who here receives financial aid from the government one way or another? More than you think. Why not grow up and spend the money you are given and worked for and pay off what you owe and not buy parts for what put you in debt in the first place.

2. Fact - Abortion is killing.
Why? Is it living? If it isn't than why are you so worried about it? Two easy ways to not worry about it. One, wait to have sex for when you are married. Two, use birth control. If you don't want the kid, kill the one you already have and save the pain of surgery. If you don't already have a kid to kill, tough luck.

3. Fact - People do not have enough self control to use drugs.
Why? Because we are human. Humans make stupid mistakes. If you think humans have self control look at the streets. Do you think all those homeless are out there because they still can't find a job? I've volunteered at the Downtown Soup Kitchen for ten years and the answer is no. If you have self control than good for you but a lot of people don't. Legalizing drugs is dangerous. If they want to kill themselves using drugs so be it, but them being high puts a lot more people at risk than themselves and that is wrong.

4. Fact - Gay marriage is wrong.
Why? God made the earth perfect. He created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. If you don't believe in God than fine but do you think nature intended it to be man and man or woman and woman? If it did two guys or two women could make a baby. A woman has never been born trapped in a guys body, his parents just dropped him on his head when he was little.

I am young. But I am also grateful that I grew up in a good home where my parents talked to me about life. I am proud of my old granny Subaru because it is something I worked for and is 100% paid off. I may not have much but I am debt free which means I have more wealth than most people in this country.

Last edited by granny; 11-09-2012 at 03:52 AM.
granny is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 03:47 AM   #22
granny
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283145
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Avondale, Arizona
Vehicle:
1997 LEGASTi Wagon
- PowerflexUSA - Moore -

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlIlIIllIlIlIIl View Post
on the plus side, the hippies will now congregate in colorado
So much win in this post!
granny is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 05:54 AM   #23
kyletakahero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 185030
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, AK
Vehicle:
2003

Default

I think, first, we should all stay off the topic of politics, religion, and other various beliefs. There are too many opinions of what is right and wrong. And can totally ruin your image in someone else's eyes.

This should be about one thing. Cars.
We as a younger generation have grown up with the bug eye WRX and forward and have learned, studied, and owned something from 02-07. That meshes right alongside of what you "old dogs" are used too and familiar with. But, us new kids on the block also are willing to jump into the GR/GV platform and apply that same learning curve to these cars as well. And we also blend our current styling and wants with the tried and true methods of past, while you old folk are stubborn, short minded people who think GD is king.
When we ask a question regarding the new platform, you all just shrug and say search. But when you guys have a question about the GD, we are quick to throw an answer out, because we DO know the old platform as well as the new.
So instead of getting all flabbergasted over stance, fancy wheel colors, and mod choices. Take a look in the mirror and look back at what choices you were making when you were our age. IE: hammer pants ;D
kyletakahero is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #24
Quasimodo_ak
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 310012
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Fairbanks
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Silver

Default

^^ lol
Quasimodo_ak is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #25
Nomadgene
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 22923
Join Date: Aug 2002
Chapter/Region: International
Location: above 8000 rpm!
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by granny View Post
Mike, there is no use talking to them. Most people on this site will not agree with you on politics because they like getting free stuff handed to them on a platter. Who doesn't? Here is what I have to say about all this hubbub.

1. Fact - Taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor does not work.

2. Fact - Abortion is killing.

3. Fact - People do not have enough self control to use drugs.

4. Fact - Gay marriage is wrong.

I am young.
And wise beyond your years.
Nomadgene is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.