Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday August 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #3251
kyouhakuteki
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186079
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX STi
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

You guys get all the good deals.

The freakin' Subaru dealers here in AZ won't even sell for $38k BEFORE fees! Maybe it's because it's the beginning of the month, but they'll be hurting for a sale.

Oh well, might as well just go Evo X.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kyouhakuteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #3252
xsolowx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334125
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

well after 2 weeks my fiance loves the STI...took a couple pictures of it and the evo together





xsolowx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #3253
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouhakuteki View Post
You guys get all the good deals.

The freakin' Subaru dealers here in AZ won't even sell for $38k BEFORE fees! Maybe it's because it's the beginning of the month, but they'll be hurting for a sale.

Oh well, might as well just go Evo X.
Is that for a order or something on the lot? I ca see why they want that much if it's for something on the lot. Especially in AZ because these cars are rare as hell in AZ.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #3254
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt727 View Post
Got an email from Rye Subaru saying they found a match to my 2013 Sti order in Virginia and the dealership agreed to sell Rye the car. Just worried about some jagaloon driving my new car 430 miles from VA to NY. I have a tough decision to make!! What would you guys do??
No brainer. Buy it direct from the dealer in Virginia, hop on a plane, and drive it back yourself. Take the scenic route back and break that baby in!
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #3255
Billy0
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337018
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2013 STi Sedan
SWP

Default

I finally received my vin yesterday looks like im in the home stretch. I ordered from a dealer in mass which is part of SoNe so looks like ill be waiting just a week or 2 more till it gets delivered to the dealer but hopefully everyone else part of SoNE is receiving their vin's.
Billy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #3256
skareemoutloud
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324316
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5-door
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy0 View Post
I finally received my vin yesterday looks like im in the home stretch. I ordered from a dealer in mass which is part of SoNe so looks like ill be waiting just a week or 2 more till it gets delivered to the dealer but hopefully everyone else part of SoNE is receiving their vin's.
When did you order?
skareemoutloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #3257
Billy0
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337018
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2013 STi Sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skareemoutloud View Post
When did you order?
I went in on 9/16 and luckily they had the exact car i wanted on their order already. So I don't know exactly when they placed the order.
Billy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #3258
jhmr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313217
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
2013 STi Sedan Stg 1
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

My 2013 STi Limited! Weather was nice to me and I was able to detail her yesterday morning.




jhmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #3259
Billy0
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337018
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: NY
Vehicle:
2013 STi Sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmr View Post
My 2013 STi Limited! Weather was nice to me and I was able to detail her yesterday morning.




Looks really good I really like the pbp, I cant wait for mine to just arrive already.
Billy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #3260
livinthelife62
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325600
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mystic, CT
Default

Ordered mine in June as 12, was first 13 sti ordered in new england... Was supposed to be here 10/8-10/22..... Still not here... SNE and SDC as of today, have had no STi's delivered, according to SOA, today. Good luck to all in SNE with VINS, but several people got VINS, car never showed, and SNE said it was a mistake, VIN was wrong and shouldn't have been given out. Until I sit in my STi, I wont believe anything they are saying....
livinthelife62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #3261
Southtown57
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330761
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Vehicle:
13' STi
SWP

Default

I have a question for the Subaru dealer people on here. Once a VIN is assigned to your ordered car is it at port? I talked with SoA and they didn't seem to know where the car could be when the VIN is assigned. It just blows my mind there isn't some kind of tracking on these vehicles.
Southtown57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #3262
livinthelife62
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325600
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mystic, CT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southtown57
I have a question for the Subaru dealer people on here. Once a VIN is assigned to your ordered car is it at port? I talked with SoA and they didn't seem to know where the car could be when the VIN is assigned. It just blows my mind there isn't some kind of tracking on these vehicles.
I am not a dealer.... But SOA gave me two different answers to this same question, first said the vin is assigned when it the vehicle inventory is checked in port, and then you get VIN. Second answer was VIN is assigned as vehicle is checked onto boat in Japan...
livinthelife62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #3263
jamerjam
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207708
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DMG

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno

No brainer. Buy it direct from the dealer in Virginia, hop on a plane, and drive it back yourself. Take the scenic route back and break that baby in!
He has a point. Fly down, Get the dealer to arrange a pickup or grab a shuttle. If its in the Northern VA area you can fly into 3 different airports, or the Richmond, or Norfolk if you are south and/or east. Just take the beltway around DC and head toward Frederick, Md and from their you can take the scenic route through Harrisburg and Allentown and the hit Jersey. I have done that drive a lot. And their will be no need to speed when you drive it off the dealer lot. VA state law treats speeds 20 over the limit as a felony and radar detectors are illegal. And by felony I mean arrested, car impounded, substantial fines. But that day or driving gets the break in period over faster.

I am flying north to pick mine up and taking the back roads through Connecticut, Jersey, and PA to get home.
jamerjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #3264
Southtown57
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330761
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Vehicle:
13' STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinthelife62 View Post
I am not a dealer.... But SOA gave me two different answers to this same question, first said the vin is assigned when it the vehicle inventory is checked in port, and then you get VIN. Second answer was VIN is assigned as vehicle is checked onto boat in Japan...
Yeah seems like SoA contradicts themselves after hearing what people say they told them.
Southtown57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #3265
rsaz904
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332548
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerjam View Post
I heard my order went in and the are waiting to hear from SNE on the status of if my order matches the current allotment on the boat. If it does I will get a VIN, if it does not they will issue me a VON. Kinda hoping it is part of the allotment, 5dr Limited DMG are few and far between. Put patience can be a virtue.
I'm in SNE. Still waiting for my 5 door limited. Hit the 6 month mark on Oct. 25th. Supposedly mine is on the way, dealer showed me his allocation screen in subarunet and my car was listed. I believe it's on the boat now.

Anyone know when the next boat is supposed to dock for SNE?
rsaz904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:24 AM   #3266
kyouhakuteki
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 186079
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX STi
Dark Grey Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
Is that for a order or something on the lot? I ca see why they want that much if it's for something on the lot. Especially in AZ because these cars are rare as hell in AZ.
No it was for one on the lot. They had something like 5 on the lot and 2 in transit. Ridiculous.

No worries though, I just picked up a 2013 STi Limited w/ Nav for a great price from the quiet dealer.
kyouhakuteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #3267
RyStar
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329215
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicago
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
PBP

Default

Well I had a pleasant surprise last night. Good ol' Mike at Evanston Subaru called me right after work and said that he had someone cancel a WRX Limited in PBP and it has Navi and asked if I was interested.

I ended up going over there and checking it out and since PBP was my second choice and I was really really sick of waiting and my tags were about to expire this month. I ended up picking her up.

This worked out even better that I got a limited and leather with a big hairy (Bernese Mountain) dog. I hope it makes the cleanup much easier. No I don't let the dog on the leather, just in the back with the seats down. Now I need a custom fit cover for the back with the seats down. I picked up the bumper cover and all weather mats as well.

Short Shifter will be installed on Friday and ordering some nubby tires shortly.
Mudflaps are next and I will post my winter setup once she is all good.

So after finalizing everything and pulling off the lot I couldn't have been happier.
Everything happens for a reason and I am now part of the family.

Even got a nod from a STI on the way to work this morning.

Meet Mileena, sorry for the shiety picture. Still tripping about it, feels so good and drives even better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m52qc9yzyk6b13k/Mileena.jpg
RyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #3268
jhmr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313217
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
2013 STi Sedan Stg 1
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Looker View Post
jhmr, holy! that rims are crazy!! is it stock on STi Limited
Yup! Those are the stock rims on the limited! They're 18x8.5 +55 Forged BBS wheels and weigh about 20lbs each without tires. They look great after being cleaned up!
jhmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #3269
leurw
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328724
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Chicagoland
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
CBS

Default

Long time overdue for a decent pic and my GTFO of this thread...

Ordered 8/9
VON 8/15
VIN 9/29
ETA 10/8
Arrived 10/24

It was a LONG and painful journey but just as everyone told me, it was absolutely worth the wait. My 15 year old self gave me a big "we did it!" high-five.

A huge shout out to Chris C., Joe D., and John at Grand Subaru in Bensenville. No nonsense during the entire ~3 month process. Everything was very straight forward and I never once felt like these guys were "car salesman" but rather fellow enthusiasts. They were proactive enough to ask if I wanted my front plate installed and the car washed before pick up. VON, order sheet, VIN etc were all promptly received. I got a call within 30 minutes of the truck driving into the dealer with my car. The price was fantastic and I feel very lucky that these guys are only a few miles away from my house.

Installed Hellas, RA flaps, tints, overlays, and full coverage front bra. Turned over 1000 miles on Saturday and this thing is a BEAST!

Best of luck to all of you still playing checkers in purgatory...

leurw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #3270
jamerjam
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207708
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DMG

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaz904

I'm in SNE. Still waiting for my 5 door limited. Hit the 6 month mark on Oct. 25th. Supposedly mine is on the way, dealer showed me his allocation screen in subarunet and my car was listed. I believe it's on the boat now.

Anyone know when the next boat is supposed to dock for SNE?
Baltimore next week and then RI between Thanksgiving and Dec 1 from what I recall. So from boat arrival to offload, inspection, and dealer delivery first week of Dec for cars into Baltimore and mid Dec for cars into SNE.
jamerjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #3271
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 217382
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: 3340 W. Oakton Skokie IL 60076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyStar View Post
Well I had a pleasant surprise last night. Good ol' Mike at Evanston Subaru called me right after work and said that he had someone cancel a WRX Limited in PBP and it has Navi and asked if I was interested.

I ended up going over there and checking it out and since PBP was my second choice and I was really really sick of waiting and my tags were about to expire this month. I ended up picking her up.

This worked out even better that I got a limited and leather with a big hairy (Bernese Mountain) dog. I hope it makes the cleanup much easier. No I don't let the dog on the leather, just in the back with the seats down. Now I need a custom fit cover for the back with the seats down. I picked up the bumper cover and all weather mats as well.

Short Shifter will be installed on Friday and ordering some nubby tires shortly.
Mudflaps are next and I will post my winter setup once she is all good.

So after finalizing everything and pulling off the lot I couldn't have been happier.
Everything happens for a reason and I am now part of the family.

Even got a nod from a STI on the way to work this morning.

Meet Mileena, sorry for the shiety picture. Still tripping about it, feels so good and drives even better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m52qc9yzyk6b13k/Mileena.jpg

This was Ryan:



this was me:


So glad that worked out the way it did
Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #3272
psupunk
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315560
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Vehicle:
2013 WRX-5dr-Limited
CBS

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leurw View Post
Long time overdue for a decent pic and my GTFO of this thread...

Ordered 8/9
VON 8/15
VIN 9/29
ETA 10/8
Arrived 10/24

It was a LONG and painful journey but just as everyone told me, it was absolutely worth the wait. My 15 year old self gave me a big "we did it!" high-five.

A huge shout out to Chris C., Joe D., and John at Grand Subaru in Bensenville. No nonsense during the entire ~3 month process. Everything was very straight forward and I never once felt like these guys were "car salesman" but rather fellow enthusiasts. They were proactive enough to ask if I wanted my front plate installed and the car washed before pick up. VON, order sheet, VIN etc were all promptly received. I got a call within 30 minutes of the truck driving into the dealer with my car. The price was fantastic and I feel very lucky that these guys are only a few miles away from my house.

Installed Hellas, RA flaps, tints, overlays, and full coverage front bra. Turned over 1000 miles on Saturday and this thing is a BEAST!

Best of luck to all of you still playing checkers in purgatory...

Awesome, man! Congrats. Mine will be yours' twin! I am even planning the same mods, except for the Hellas.
psupunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #3273
rsaz904
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332548
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Connecticut
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 5Dr
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerjam View Post
Baltimore next week and then RI between Thanksgiving and Dec 1 from what I recall. So from boat arrival to offload, inspection, and dealer delivery first week of Dec for cars into Baltimore and mid Dec for cars into SNE.
I wish the dealers had this information. Aside from the monthly "you'll get it by the end of the month" call, my dealer told me in early Oct. that my car was on the way and showed up in his allocation list. He had told me it would be in by about the 25th or so of Oct. When I called him that week he told me they were slow and it wouldnt be in for a couple more weeks, and would be here by thanksgiving.

Sounds like it might get here for Christmas...

Subaru needs to get their act together with communication to dealers, this is complete nonsense.
rsaz904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #3274
Spincity9080
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329282
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: virginia beach for now
Vehicle:
2013 wrx sti
plasma blue pearl

Default

Finally got my baby here she is






The last picture is here side by side my old baby.... Not exactly the best pics but I just wanted to share with you all and wish you all good luck and god speed on your deliveries...
Spincity9080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #3275
NW_WRX_360
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335965
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spincity9080
Finally got my baby here she is

The last picture is here side by side my old baby.... Not exactly the best pics but I just wanted to share with you all and wish you all good luck and god speed on your deliveries...
Congrats! She's a beauty.
NW_WRX_360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.