Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday July 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
4Warned
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (6)

Member#: 66092
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 STi sedan
11.60 on stock VF48

Default Torque Solution TMIC

I had the honor to be one of the first to install the new Torque Solution top mount intercooler kit for the 2008+ STi models

Upon receiving the kit I noted it was very well built...sturdy brackets, nice welds, stiffer than factory IC fins. The unit was quite heavy compared to the factory unit. I also noticed how much deeper and taller the unit was

Installation took roughly 1.5 hours. Most of the time involved was swapping the turbo outlet pipe over to the Torque Solution unit. You will need new gaskets for the Y-pipe and the bypass valve so make sure to get these ahead of time. The TMIC kit uses all of the factory hardware and included a hose and fittings to bypass the vent tube mounted to the factory intercooler.

The fitment was great and only required a couple tries to get the couplers lined up. You will want to leave the throttle body coupler on the throttle body to ease installation. Since the unit is bigger than factory it also helps to remove the drivers side IC bracket before installation.

Once installed, I took the car to get dyno tuned and made record torque numbers on pump and E85. Myself and my tuner (Junior @ P&L) noted the TMIC after a hard dyno pull was cool to the touch on the backside with just a fan blowing on it. Junior was impressed with the quality and performance as was I.

I would certainly recommend this kit to anyone thinking of a TMIC kit for their STi not to mention it won't break the bank at only $600.00

93 OCTANE DYNO

E85 DYNO
4Warned is offline   Reply With Quote