Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #1526
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMM0N
make sure tires arent on a RWD also. FYI be safe dude you dont want to ruin your car because those tires were on a RWD and Tire depth dont match. you'll end up wearing whichever one out first before the season is over or up
This has nothing to do with anything.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #1527
my name is joe
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 171412
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: SQC
Default

Sme of you guys are saying you can't run a 17x9 +45 with proper sized tires, but I almost bought wheels in that size with 245/40 v710 which came from a wagon. He said he just rolled it and cambered a little. It didn't look like he had rubbing problems. It's an autox setup so the tire will be abused. If I ran a small tire you'll see me roll over the sidewall and the rim would be turning me instead of the tire. I wouldn't be lowered to the floor. Half to an inch from finder to tire. So can I run it or no? I'm not afraid of having camber, the more the better (front) it'll help my transitions and turn in. Don't care about tire wear either since it'll be done in less than 3000 miles.
my name is joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #1528
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by my name is joe
Sme of you guys are saying you can't run a 17x9 +45 with proper sized tires, but I almost bought wheels in that size with 245/40 v710 which came from a wagon. He said he just rolled it and cambered a little. It didn't look like he had rubbing problems. It's an autox setup so the tire will be abused. If I ran a small tire you'll see me roll over the sidewall and the rim would be turning me instead of the tire. I wouldn't be lowered to the floor. Half to an inch from finder to tire. So can I run it or no? I'm not afraid of having camber, the more the better (front) it'll help my transitions and turn in. Don't care about tire wear either since it'll be done in less than 3000 miles.
On a sedan, you can easily run 17x9 +42 with a 245 and 0 fender mods.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #1529
my name is joe
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 171412
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: SQC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
On a sedan, you can easily run 17x9 +42 with a 245 and 0 fender mods.
Not talking about sedans.
my name is joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #1530
bicho_ojo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 268847
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi, Tx
Vehicle:
2005 35r'd STI
Aspen White

Default

Looking to buy some RPF1's I really do not want to roll my fenders but I may have to for the sizing I want...
I am looking at 18x9 with an inset of 35 these would be wrapped in a 235/40/18 or a 225/40/18...

Also a 18x8.5 inset 40 I may be willing to do the 30 wrapped in a 225/40/18
Will either of these clear brembo's? What fender mods if any? What is a deeper look if I do not need to roll my Fenders, I ma new to the wheel fitment side of things.

I'm lowered on BC coils so I do have the ability to adjust height according to fitment issues.

Last edited by bicho_ojo; 11-11-2012 at 08:22 PM.
bicho_ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #1531
nikemullen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289573
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2003 wrx
WRB

Default

hey guys, i'm looking at getting rota torques for my 02 wrx as she sits now she's completely stock body and suspension wise. I found some 17x9's that i'm looking at, would i have any kind of issues with fitment? i really don't want to roll the fenders and plan on a different suspension in the future.
nikemullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #1532
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikemullen
hey guys, i'm looking at getting rota torques for my 02 wrx as she sits now she's completely stock body and suspension wise. I found some 17x9's that i'm looking at, would i have any kind of issues with fitment? i really don't want to roll the fenders and plan on a different suspension in the future.
If you don't want to roll fenders, don't look at wheels any wider than 8" and an offset lower than 45.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #1533
nikemullen
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289573
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: PA
Vehicle:
2003 wrx
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
If you don't want to roll fenders, don't look at wheels any wider than 8" and an offset lower than 45.
thanks for the help, i only wanted 17x7.5's but i found a pretty good deal on the bigger ones, i'll just stick to the 7.5"
nikemullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #1534
tenchi_wrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 37469
Join Date: May 2003
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Wichita, KS
Vehicle:
03 WRX, EFR7670 TS
WRB

Default

year: 2003
model: WRX
wheel model: Gramslight 57DR
wheel size/offset: 17x9.0 +35
tire size: Up to recommendation
suspension: Tien Flex Coilover
alignment: Rear adjustable camber bolt
fender mods: Will roll fender if needed.
spacers: no

Hi, looking to get a new set of wheels for summer for daily and track. Will I be able to run this wheel setup?

Last edited by tenchi_wrx; 11-12-2012 at 03:06 PM.
tenchi_wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #1535
bicho_ojo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 268847
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Corpus Christi, Tx
Vehicle:
2005 35r'd STI
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicho_ojo View Post
Looking to buy some RPF1's I really do not want to roll my fenders but I may have to for the sizing I want...
I am looking at 18x9 with an inset of 35 these would be wrapped in a 235/40/18 or a 225/40/18...

Also a 18x8.5 inset 40 I may be willing to do the 30 wrapped in a 225/40/18
Will either of these clear brembo's? What fender mods if any? What is a deeper look if I do not need to roll my Fenders, I ma new to the wheel fitment side of things.

I'm lowered on BC coils so I do have the ability to adjust height according to fitment issues.
Can anyone please answer this?
bicho_ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #1536
coolerthanafan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303215
Join Date: Dec 2011
Vehicle:
2008 STi
OBP

Default

2008 STi
BR/BC Coilovers
Stock non-BBS wheels

I am thinking about 18x8.5 e44 Rota DPT with a 255/40/18: Will this be ok without modification and camber to as straight as possible?

Or I have contemplated staying with stock wheels and going with 255/40/18: Will I be ok here too?
coolerthanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #1537
littlewhitewagon
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 103068
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: PM me if I don't answer posts
Vehicle:
11 STI sedan
SWP

Default

245/40R17 will fit easily. 255/40R17 can fit without much issue. Rolling the fenders is necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchi_wrx View Post
year: 2003
model: WRX
wheel model: Gramslight 57DR
wheel size/offset: 17x9.0 +35
tire size: Up to recommendation
suspension: Tien Flex Coilover
alignment: Rear adjustable camber bolt
fender mods: Will roll fender if needed.
spacers: no

Hi, looking to get a new set of wheels for summer for daily and track. Will I be able to run this wheel setup?
littlewhitewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #1538
TRSCobra
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 181009
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Vehicle:
`12 MZ3 Skyactiv
'12 C300 4matic Sport

Default

http://www.frsport.com/Rays-Wheels-G...l_p_37632.html

Will these fit on a 2012 WRX sedan? I can't find this size and offset anywhere for WRX, but BRZ and FRS stuff is all over.

I know rolling the rear fenders is required.
TRSCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #1539
VDCOFF
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 263628
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011
Impreza WRX Ltd

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSCobra View Post
http://www.frsport.com/Rays-Wheels-G...l_p_37632.html

Will these fit on a 2012 WRX sedan? I can't find this size and offset anywhere for WRX, but BRZ and FRS stuff is all over.

I know rolling the rear fenders is required.
those should easily fit on your wrx
VDCOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #1540
Johnold
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322797
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Ice Silver Metallic

Default

So I have a 2012 WRX sedan completely stock and I don't mind keeping the dark stock 17x8 wheels they come with but I'd like to buy some wheel spacers for them so I was thinking of putting 10mm in the front and 5mm in the rear. Just the slip on disks. Would this work? I like the stock wheels but didn't wanna get the the stock wheels too far out and didn't wanna get the spacers with the welded integrated wheel studs since I don't wanna go too far out. Thanks.
Johnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #1541
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnold View Post
So I have a 2012 WRX sedan completely stock and I don't mind keeping the dark stock 17x8 wheels they come with but I'd like to buy some wheel spacers for them so I was thinking of putting 10mm in the front and 5mm in the rear. Just the slip on disks. Would this work? I like the stock wheels but didn't wanna get the the stock wheels too far out and didn't wanna get the spacers with the welded integrated wheel studs since I don't wanna go too far out. Thanks.

you'll need to purchase and install extended lugs, as well as purchase extended/open ended lug nuts in the event you ever want to remove the spacers.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #1542
fakechow
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338879
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: So.NH
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx
black

OMGHi2U 2002 wrx aggressive fitment

I'm trying to figure out a functional not just form wheel size and Im looking for something aggressive I looked through a lot of the thread and seems like a 18x9 et30-39 would be flush maybe slight poke. Open to ideas trying to stay away from spacers as much as possible. Cheers
fakechow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #1543
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakechow
I'm trying to figure out a functional not just form wheel size and Im looking for something aggressive I looked through a lot of the thread and seems like a 18x9 et30-39 would be flush maybe slight poke. Open to ideas trying to stay away from spacers as much as possible. Cheers
You have conflicting wants.

Figure out what you want THEN ask questions.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #1544
fakechow
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338879
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: So.NH
Vehicle:
2002 Wrx
black

Default

OK then what would you reccomend for aggressive fitment wheel/tire size as a whole?
fakechow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #1545
Digital Dillon
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 288727
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Vehicle:
2008 WRX premium
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakechow
OK then what would you reccomend for aggressive fitment wheel/tire size as a whole?
18x9.5 +38 255/35
Coilovers, rear camber adjustment, roll and slight pull all around.

That's a very popular wheel size and will look aggressive without requiring too much fender work.
Digital Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #1546
Dragon_Ski
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 178153
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Armstrong BC
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
blue

Default

Just bought 2010 wrx .. think the stock tire size is 225/45/17 . How wide can you go without rolling the fenders ( been there done that and makes tires very expensive ) Can I go to 8" rims as I believe they did for 2011 wrx ..

For winter . how small a rim will clear 2010 wrx brakes . Can you get 15" rims over the brakes
Dragon_Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #1547
curtisboes
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280395
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Vehicle:
04 WRX (STI Swap)
WRB

Default

im looking to buy a set of rims but im not sure they will fit, what do you guys think?

04 wrx
Stock struts with Tien S tech springs
stock fenders no rolling

possible rims are

18x8.75 +35, 5x100/5x114.3 wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's (245/40/18)

if i cant fit stock and have to get the fenders rolled will it clear the suspension?
any thoughts?
curtisboes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #1548
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisboes View Post
im looking to buy a set of rims but im not sure they will fit, what do you guys think?

04 wrx
Stock struts with Tien S tech springs
stock fenders no rolling

possible rims are

18x8.75 +35, 5x100/5x114.3 wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's (245/40/18)

if i cant fit stock and have to get the fenders rolled will it clear the suspension?
any thoughts?
it'll clear the suspension but to run that much tire you might need a slight pull in the rear.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #1549
curtisboes
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 280395
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Vehicle:
04 WRX (STI Swap)
WRB

Default

But not on the front? Im a nood when is comes to rolling fenders, so please be patient with me...is this something most body shops do? And is it expensive?
curtisboes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #1550
PeteJM
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 244836
Join Date: Apr 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Charleston SC
Vehicle:
2012 Legacy 3.6R LM

Default

Anyone have experience with the 2012 Legacy? Just purchased a 3.6R Limited and I am looking into changing it up a bit
PeteJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the motorsport fitment thread: because race car! nhat Tire & Wheel 45 11-20-2011 03:21 PM
the official wheel/tire fitment thread: all fitment questions go here! nhat Tire & Wheel 1086 06-15-2011 01:02 AM
where did the wheel fitment chart go? PoopRSkupe Brakes, Steering & Suspension 0 01-26-2004 01:36 PM
A thread in the STi forum to keep it alive (because STi forum is closing) Eric SS Off-Topic 6 09-10-2003 03:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.