Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Private Vehicle 'For Sale' Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #27
guitar72186
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 218770

Then the engine builder you, your friends, and "other people" used are not very good at their job. My 2002 WRX built motor with a Weisco eagle set up has 80K on it and still runs strong. My 1996 DSM GSX running 30lbs of boost and 605 WHEEL hp with 66K on it still runs strong. It has Pauter Rods, JE pistons that slap like a diesel until warm sti and have since day one. I can go on and on with many of high mileage built motors that see track abuse that last longer than factory Subaru motors, all built CORRECTLY and last for a lot longer than 30K. Your price is more than fair and the motor will last for a long time if it was built correctly. If my 2000 2.5RS with a WRX swap sells soon and this is still for sale I may pick it up, if not GLWS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooost View Post
Car looks clean, I wouldn't let this go for less than 11k if I was you. But for the record, Ive had a few built motors and have dozens of freinds who have and have built motors, they DO NOT ever last very long. Talk to your engine builder about clearances and stock clearance precision from the factory. 30k on this setup isnt necessarly alot but its also not nearly as reliable as a 75k stock motor. Search the for sale threads right now, theres reputable built motors blowing up at 300whp at 9,xxx, 10,xxx and less sometimes. All depends on the exact motor and how it was assembeled. I also have a buddy who blew up a stock 08 sti motor at 10,000's bone stock so can be to reliable ever.
guitar72186 is offline   Reply With Quote