Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday November 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #3451
my05legacy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 106873
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Wise, VA
Vehicle:
2013 sti hatch
cbs

Default

Ordered 9/22
ETA Month of Dec is all I'm being told
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
my05legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #3452
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 217382
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: 3340 W. Oakton Skokie IL 60076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horuku View Post
The chargeback from my credit card would care to disagree.
That is that one particular dealership. Do you think your example is some sort of rule? Dealerships are independantly owned and operated, and many dealerships only special order cars using a non-refundable policy.
Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #3453
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 217382
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: 3340 W. Oakton Skokie IL 60076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post
Quick question,

Is a dealership able to take off an SPT exhaust and put on the stock exhaust and sell it that way?
In theory sure. I need more info on what exactly you are aking...

On a new car? Was it ordered with the SPT from the factory. Elaborate for me
Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #3454
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanston Subaru

In theory sure. I need more info on what exactly you are aking...

On a new car? Was it ordered with the SPT from the factory. Elaborate for me
Well here is the dilemma. My dealer was telling me it would take until feb for my car to come (ordered on early October) because he said "the factories will be closed for MULtIPLE weeks due to holidays (which I believe is a lie).

So I want to propose that he sell me the sti that's on the lot by taking off the spy exhaust (only option on it) and price matching me and he gets to keep my deposit.. Would this be doable in your opinion?
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #3455
Evanston Subaru
Former Vendor
 
Member#: 217382
Join Date: Jul 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: 3340 W. Oakton Skokie IL 60076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post
Well here is the dilemma. My dealer was telling me it would take until feb for my car to come (ordered on early October) because he said "the factories will be closed for MULtIPLE weeks due to holidays (which I believe is a lie).

So I want to propose that he sell me the sti that's on the lot by taking off the spy exhaust (only option on it) and price matching me and he gets to keep my deposit.. Would this be doable in your opinion?

Not if the catback was installed at the factory. If it is listed on the original MSRP label (aka monrony label) then it came on the factory car that way and the dealer does not have the original CBE to put back on it.

They would have to order the OEM one which would cost as much (if not more for some silly reason) to replace the SPT with.

Just suck it up and pay them the 803 more for the CBE. 803 is the dealers cost on that part.
Evanston Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #3456
bradleyrgme
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334324
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Base
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonwheels
Shes Here Shes Here!!!!!!!!!!
Mine got to my dealer today too!!!!!!!! Ours must have been on the ride over together.

I'm so excited I can't wait till Saturday when I pick it up!!!

Ordered a DGM base WRX on 8/30. Gonna hit 11 weeks tomorrow.

The car is in the DC area but I'm in Pittsburgh so I'm heading out this weekend, and am planning a nice route to drive home on so I can vary engine speed a lot.
bradleyrgme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #3457
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post
Well here is the dilemma. My dealer was telling me it would take until feb for my car to come (ordered on early October) because he said "the factories will be closed for MULtIPLE weeks due to holidays (which I believe is a lie).

So I want to propose that he sell me the sti that's on the lot by taking off the spy exhaust (only option on it) and price matching me and he gets to keep my deposit.. Would this be doable in your opinion?
I'm not sure why you wouldn't believe it could take til Feb to have your car if you just ordered in October. People ordered since August and still haven't received their cars. Look like 3-4 months is the average wait time now for all special orders. Some may get lucky in some region and have one pipeline to their order earlier but very rare. If you really want the car matching what you like and not wanting to pay a premium price on it then I suggest to just wait. There's no incentive for any dealer to sell you a Low production/High demand car that they can easily sell at usually around MSRP at a price that they discounted for you because you helped them help you with a car.

Evanston Subaru can correct me on this but the one of the big reason dealers are willing to lower price on orders is because the orders will eventually earn them more stock allotment from Subaru for the next fiscal year. So if you want to have an easier time finding a new car in the future it'll probably better to help your dealer by ordering the car lol.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #3458
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us

I'm not sure why you wouldn't believe it could take til Feb to have your car if you just ordered in October. People ordered since August and still haven't received their cars. Look like 3-4 months is the average wait time now for all special orders. Some may get lucky in some region and have one pipeline to their order earlier but very rare. If you really want the car matching what you like and not wanting to pay a premium price on it then I suggest to just wait. There's no incentive for any dealer to sell you a Low production/High demand car that they can easily sell at usually around MSRP at a price that they discounted for you because you helped them help you with a car.

Evanston Subaru can correct me on this but the one of the big reason dealers are willing to lower price on orders is because the orders will eventually earn them more stock allotment from Subaru for the next fiscal year. So if you want to have an easier time finding a new car in the future it'll probably better to help your dealer by ordering the car lol.
Thanks for your input. It put my situation into perspective in respect to a lot of other members who waited for extended periods of time. I know the car101.com website said stis would take a little longer to deliver, but I don't see why the salesman had to lie to me about the factories being closed for weeks due to a holiday. I guess I'll just order all my parts an forget about it until jan or feb rolls around. No use in getting my panties bunched up over something that's out of my scope of control.

Djent
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #3459
Rallbaru
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 322127
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limted
DGM

Default

Well had a fun conversation with my dealership today. My car got delivered yesterday and I'm picking it up on Saturday. Apparently these cars are so hard to get a hold of that they were willing to offer me $500 cash to not buy the car. I think that they are just upset that I'm walking away with a good deal and they could easily sell it for more.
Rallbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #3460
Vics04sti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 312032
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomae

I was told 4-6 weeks. During the 90s every commercial I ever saw selling something said 4-6 weeks delivery. It's just a natural sounding time and sounded reasonable to me. Plus I needed a couple weeks to get things together anyways. I didn't realize how much time I'd have.

ANYWAYS. I just got a call from SOA. They confirmed that the dealer actually has more info than them. They said end of December/January for me (still no real ETA). Got my VIN 11/12.
That's ok, that's just slightly longer than what I thought. If it ends up being two additional months i won't like that to much. Either way I'm just waiting on it.
I'm sorry but, what does SOA stand for?
Vics04sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #3461
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vics04sti View Post
I'm sorry but, what does SOA stand for?
subaru of america
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #3462
Vics04sti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 312032
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshXotic
Got my VIN yesterday. Opening day STI order, with Nav. 12/17 delivery.
When did u ordered it?
Vics04sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #3463
Zaya
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336204
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, Ontario Canada.
Vehicle:
1979 Z28 Camaro
Burgundy

Default

Is it worth buying a 2013 right now? Or should I just wait to see the 2014?
Zaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #3464
Guy Hollywood
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307227
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Massachusetts
Vehicle:
2013 STi 4d
SWP

Default

I noticed my dealers website has the exact car I ordered in their inventory as "in transit". There's a good chance it's mine but who knows when it will be here.
Guy Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #3465
kpatcht05
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 185936
Join Date: Aug 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Nampa ID
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Limited
Satin White Pearl

Default

Just looking at my order printout the dealer gave me and it says current location 200009. Any one know what that means?
kpatcht05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #3466
jamerjam
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207708
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DMG

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaya
Is it worth buying a 2013 right now? Or should I just wait to see the 2014?
Redesign due in 2014. The impreza and wrx will be built on 2 different platforms. No idea what it will look like, what performance changes or enhancements will be made. And with a completely re-engineered vehicle there are lots of bugs that will need to be worked out over the first few model years.
jamerjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #3467
SubaruAndroidDev
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 333669
Join Date: Sep 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: NC
Vehicle:
2009 STi
SWP

Default

I got tired of waiting for a 13 DGM WRX and bought a used 09 SWP STI tonight Couldn't be happier right now. The STI feels like a lot more car for about the same money as a brand new WRX.
SubaruAndroidDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #3468
bradleyrgme
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334324
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Base
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Come on!! No one else is excited for those of us actually getting cars in!!?

We'll post pics and give everyone something to look forward to...
bradleyrgme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:44 AM   #3469
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerjam View Post
Redesign due in 2014. The impreza and wrx will be built on 2 different platforms. No idea what it will look like, what performance changes or enhancements will be made. And with a completely re-engineered vehicle there are lots of bugs that will need to be worked out over the first few model years.
This. The first generation of a redesigned vehicle is always the worse. Look at how bad the '08 models are compared to the '13, aesthetics and internal wise.
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #3470
jml281
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337616
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Murrieta
Vehicle:
2013 STi
WRB

Default Goodbye '09 WRX, hello '13 STi

I'm not sure what the deal is with your orders, but I brought my '09 WRX in for service today and left with a 2013 STi 4-door. My dealer had 3 in stock and another 6 in transit.
jml281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:21 AM   #3471
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml281 View Post
I'm not sure what the deal is with your orders, but I brought my '09 WRX in for service today and left with a 2013 STi 4-door. My dealer had 3 in stock and another 6 in transit.
haha that is so cool and unexpected..

"hmm im going to go get an oil change for my car.. 45 MINUTE WAIT? **** it, i'll pick up an STi".

grats man, shes a beaut
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:22 AM   #3472
Shohin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 170188
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WRB

Default

Yeah, i had no idea that there was such a backlog on these. I walked into the dealership on Saturday and drove off in a 2013 WRB hatch . . . bought it at dealer invoice too.
Shohin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #3473
jamerjam
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207708
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DMG

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent

This. The first generation of a redesigned vehicle is always the worse. Look at how bad the '08 models are compared to the '13, aesthetics and internal wise.
You got it. When I was looking for a 350z about 6 yrs ago and their big thing was plastic synchros in the transmissions. Every 03 had them and they all got replaced without a recall or TSB. And the really early 04's had the same transmission until the issue was reworked. Every Audi/VW goes through similar issues after a redesign.
jamerjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #3474
aggarcia
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330146
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, Texas
Vehicle:
2013 STI Limited
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml281
I'm not sure what the deal is with your orders, but I brought my '09 WRX in for service today and left with a 2013 STi 4-door. My dealer had 3 in stock and another 6 in transit.
In many parts of the country a WRX and/or STI are not sitting in dealers lots. Here in Houston since August when I ordered back my STI none of the three dealers have had what I wanted to come in. The only way to get exactly what you want is order or hope it is generic enough that dealer stock will match what you want.

My dealer back in August told me 12-16 weeks. Subaru had already hinted at longer wait times and few quantity of WRX/STI for 2013.

Glad you were able to get an STI. The rest of us are still waiting.
aggarcia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #3475
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post
Thanks for your input. It put my situation into perspective in respect to a lot of other members who waited for extended periods of time. I know the car101.com website said stis would take a little longer to deliver, but I don't see why the salesman had to lie to me about the factories being closed for weeks due to a holiday. I guess I'll just order all my parts an forget about it until jan or feb rolls around. No use in getting my panties bunched up over something that's out of my scope of control.

Djent
That's a good way to think about it lol. I would do the same but I'm not thinking about putting anything on mine once I have it. I know no one is gonig to believe me for saying that. I wouldn't doubt the factory would be closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas day and New Year. I know Japanese celebrates Christmas and New Year pretty big. Not so sure about Thanksgiving though.

On the topic of waiting for next year models. What make you think you won't have to wait as long? Lol I'm pretty sure there will be a wait period anyway for WRX/STi as they have became high demand cars with low production. As many already said 1st gen of redesigns usually not the best in term of reliability. I saw the concepts of the newer WRX/STi and I am not sure if that what they'll look like but they're very ugly to me lol.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.