Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 2, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #176
SoImprezd
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296872
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New Hampshire
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvdw View Post
I really hope someone already has...
some one did, but i deleted the youtube video, so that makes it a little hard to prove i did anything
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SoImprezd is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #177
equiraptor
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300017
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Limited
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoImprezd View Post
some one did, but i deleted the youtube video, so that makes it a little hard to prove i did anything
It's possible to rip a video from youtube. Someone may have done so before contacting others, to ensure that even if you took down the video, they could still provide the evidence.

Basically, once something is out there on the Internet, assume it's permanent.
equiraptor is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #178
SoImprezd
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 296872
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New Hampshire
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by equiraptor View Post
It's possible to rip a video from youtube. Someone may have done so before contacting others, to ensure that even if you took down the video, they could still provide the evidence.

Basically, once something is out there on the Internet, assume it's permanent.
do you really think the local pd has the time to search for a year old youtube video that not only doesnt exist anymore, it doesnt show any faces, or anything identifiable. Good luck
SoImprezd is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #179
equiraptor
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300017
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Limited
WR Blue

Default

And you say WRX/STI people are cocky. Pot, meet the kettle.

Maybe you'd have a more pleasant experience on NASIOC if you didn't act like the people who annoy you.
equiraptor is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #180
drewvdw
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 255776
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Laramie, WY
Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Default

A link to this thread should have to suffice then.


Who did it? I'd like to personally thank you for your awesomeness.
drewvdw is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #181
Ernest
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 45076
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rockland County, NY
Vehicle:
2004 Stg2 Wagon 4eat
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoImprezd View Post
do you really think the local pd has the time to search for a year old youtube video that not only doesnt exist anymore, it doesnt show any faces, or anything identifiable. Good luck
Something tells me this wont be the last stupid thing you do.
Ernest is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #182
MakuseruSukotto
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293159
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Cookeville, TN
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
CGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoImprezd View Post
do you really think the local pd has the time to search for a year old youtube video that not only doesnt exist anymore, it doesnt show any faces, or anything identifiable. Good luck
You must not be familiar with the fact that one you upload something to the internet it's there forever.

There are dozens of cache sites where you could still pull the video from.
MakuseruSukotto is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #183
Lindyn11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326221
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoImprezd

some one did, but i deleted the youtube video, so that makes it a little hard to prove i did anything
Genius.
Lindyn11 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #184
danisfake
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 194663
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Greenville
Vehicle:
2003 Cobra
Sonic Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoImprezd View Post
some one did, but i deleted the youtube video, so that makes it a little hard to prove i did anything
I would shake this mans hand if I could.
danisfake is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #185
aod12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282701
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2008 FXT
WRB

Default

Or you too could call his parents and shake your own hand.
aod12 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #186
drewvdw
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 255776
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Laramie, WY
Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Default

Someone should post the phone number so we could...
drewvdw is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #187
danisfake
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 194663
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Greenville
Vehicle:
2003 Cobra
Sonic Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aod12 View Post
Or you too could call his parents and shake your own hand.
Sure give me their number.
danisfake is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #188
Rampager2000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 318350
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Lufkin, TX
Vehicle:
2005 Saab 92x
Black

Default

Gotta love all the people on this forum who pretend like they're perfect people and have never done anything stupid.

Sickening.
Rampager2000 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #189
panasyncp17
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83783
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Colchester, CT
Vehicle:
2011 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000
Gotta love all the people on this forum who pretend like they're perfect people and have never done anything stupid.

Sickening.
I think the majority of people have done plenty of stupid things in their youth, myself included. The difference being we recognize the stupid things we've done and don't have the attitude OP has.
panasyncp17 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 03:33 AM   #190
aod12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282701
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2008 FXT
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvdw
Someone should post the phone number so we could...
Ehhhh
Might not be good
As it violates privacy
It may be penalized here
Like it should...right
?
aod12 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 03:39 AM   #191
i_c_the_light
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 88618
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: New Zealand
Vehicle:
1994 Legacy
"The Silver Slug"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aod12

Ehhhh
Might not be good
As it violates privacy
It may be penalized here
Like it should...right
?
A phone number isn't private...
i_c_the_light is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 04:41 AM   #192
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

somebody get that damned vid back up
Uncle Scotty is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #193
drewvdw
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 255776
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Laramie, WY
Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Default

A phone number is public knowledge...Haven't you ever heard of a phone book?
drewvdw is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #194
aod12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282701
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2008 FXT
WRB

Default

But how many people here know his actual name, his fathers name, and what city they live in?
aod12 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #195
o0Spoony0o
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 276079
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Sedan
Silver

Default

Every thread in general eventually descends into complete retardation.

I drive a 2011 WRX it's stock aside from a partial muffler delete (hogzaust, don't bother telling me I should spend $$ on a muffler delete/catback to achieve the same results - when it goes S2 it'll get exhaust) and I openly nod/acknowledge all Subaru drivers most WRX/STI drivers wave when they pass; it's pretty rare to get a wave from a non turbo Subbie but that doesn't stop me from waving. The whole air of superiority that people get because their car is faster than someone else's is stupid; there's no reason to hate on another Subaru just because it's slower. There's always gonna be someone out there who's faster than you.

Subaru's a small brand driven by mostly loyal customers who appreciate what Subaru brings to the table, what's to hate? It's not super uncommon to have other subbie drivers strike up convo in parking lots...usually guys saying they love their Subaru for snow but the wife wouldn't let them get "the fun one" I've had V8 guys approach me to ask "what the hell do I have done to that thing" (exhaust note reference, I've had people refuse to believe there's a 4cyl under the hood until I open it to prove it). I'll talk to any real car enthusiast willingly it's refreshing to not have some clown roll up and ask me if my car will "spin the tires" or if I want to go race whatever PoS they have parked nearby. There's way too much teenage angst in the "car scene".

Hating on a car just because it's not turbocharged is retarded, I'd drive an NA impreza over something FWD for my DD all day long with the climate we have here. If you're a real car enthusiast you should be able to appreciate other cars for what they are besides you'd be mad as hell if everyone on the road drove the same thing you do.
o0Spoony0o is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #196
eNx
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 268580
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Default

^^ didn't read
eNx is online now  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #197
Bubakanush
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 209975
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Egg Harbor Twp, South Jersey
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
SGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Spoony0o
Every thread in general eventually descends into complete retardation.

I drive a 2011 WRX it's stock aside from a partial muffler delete (hogzaust, don't bother telling me I should spend $$ on a muffler delete/catback to achieve the same results - when it goes S2 it'll get exhaust) and I openly nod/acknowledge all Subaru drivers most WRX/STI drivers wave when they pass; it's pretty rare to get a wave from a non turbo Subbie but that doesn't stop me from waving. The whole air of superiority that people get because their car is faster than someone else's is stupid; there's no reason to hate on another Subaru just because it's slower. There's always gonna be someone out there who's faster than you.

Subaru's a small brand driven by mostly loyal customers who appreciate what Subaru brings to the table, what's to hate? It's not super uncommon to have other subbie drivers strike up convo in parking lots...usually guys saying they love their Subaru for snow but the wife wouldn't let them get "the fun one" I've had V8 guys approach me to ask "what the hell do I have done to that thing" (exhaust note reference, I've had people refuse to believe there's a 4cyl under the hood until I open it to prove it). I'll talk to any real car enthusiast willingly it's refreshing to not have some clown roll up and ask me if my car will "spin the tires" or if I want to go race whatever PoS they have parked nearby. There's way too much teenage angst in the "car scene".

Hating on a car just because it's not turbocharged is retarded, I'd drive an NA impreza over something FWD for my DD all day long with the climate we have here. If you're a real car enthusiast you should be able to appreciate other cars for what they are besides you'd be mad as hell if everyone on the road drove the same thing you do.
Agreed. Very well written. I have an '06 impreza 2.5i. I love it. It's my first car and I'm 20 now. I plan on keeping it as long as I can and can comfortably afford a WRX. I always wave to passing subys- whether it be a base impreza, or a WRX or an sti. Cause that loyalty is what makes a Subaru, a Subaru.. Am I right?
Bubakanush is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #198
DudeCris
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314662
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philly
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Ltd
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Spoony0o
Every thread in general eventually descends into complete retardation.

I drive a 2011 WRX it's stock aside from a partial muffler delete (hogzaust, don't bother telling me I should spend $$ on a muffler delete/catback to achieve the same results - when it goes S2 it'll get exhaust) and I open......
tl;dr lol jk

I hope I could stand and say that I think a majority of the suburu community isn't hardcore driven to be the fastest and thus making the superior to anyone else. I can happily say that the people I've met that own Subarus have been friendly with one another and so far, never have I met one who talked down to me just because they have an sti. Thus standing for the NA standpoint, this whole thread is more of just flaming a kid who is dumb.
DudeCris is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #199
aod12
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 282701
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2008 FXT
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoImprezd
Now to top it off with: say what you want, doesn't bother me. I'm a young, arrogant, immature teen. I'm going to drive how I want, flaming me over a f***ing thread isn't going to change that. So if there was one thing I learned, it is to not put my YouTube account on nasioc. That would have avoided this unnecessary bulls*** that I could really careless about...
Referring to him getting called out on being a retard for doing 120+ on public roads. Afterwards he deleted his video cause he got scared.

For those of you joining in now
aod12 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #200
drewvdw
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 255776
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Laramie, WY
Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Default

Posteri-quotes? Sounds like a good idea to me.
drewvdw is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.