Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
View Poll Results: I have a 2010-2012 STi with Stage 1 and I have
Blown a Ringland 3 16.67%
Not blown a Ringland 13 72.22%
Been Denied Coverage 0 0%
Have NOT been denied Coverage(AP back to stock first) v2 Accesssport 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
datbacker59
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250117
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New York 518
Vehicle:
2012 STi
Plasma Blue Pearl

Talking 10,11,12 STi Stage 1 only roll call

Ok the debate is out there if the Accessport can be found or not. No argument here just taking a simple roll call of all
2010 - 2011 - 2012 STi's with Stage 1 ONLY. With NO supporting mods such as intake, downpipe, up pipe or anything of that nature.


How many of you are Stage 1 and have
1. Blown a ringland
2. Not blown a ringland

3. Been DENIED warranty coverage because of ACCESSPORT(not void warranty)
4. was NOT denied warranty (after flashing the car back to stock the way that COBB tells us to) Using V2 Accessport
That is the question no arguements please!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
datbacker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Jack
Add Lightness
Moderator
 
Member#: 13699
Join Date: Dec 2001
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Hopkinton, MA
Vehicle:
2007 Lotus Elise
(From General)

Default

I'll start:

Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
WRXLTD
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 136314
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: A$$achusetts
Vehicle:
2014 Grand Cherokee

Default

This thread will not end well.



I for one would never admit to having an aftermarket tune or not.
WRXLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
jhmr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313217
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
2013 STi Sedan Stg 1
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by datbacker59 View Post
That is the question no arguements please!
I'm not allowed to stand up for myself? I thought this was America! Huh? Isn't this America? I'm sorry, I thought this was America.
jhmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
SpamBot
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 287534
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default

I thought the crappy stock tune caused ringland issues. If you're flashed Stage 1, that should never happen, right?
SpamBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
datbacker59
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250117
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New York 518
Vehicle:
2012 STi
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

I did this to clarify with results... of course everyone has opinions and such. We just want DATA!

Stage 1 STi have blown before so this is to justify going stage 1 or not. (warranty or ringland)
datbacker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
JordanM9
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273214
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus,OH
Default

I don't think you are going to get any "real" data
JordanM9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
datbacker59
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250117
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New York 518
Vehicle:
2012 STi
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Real data or not its good for people to say Yes I have a Stage 1 with just accessport and unmarried it and returned it to stock (directions of how to from cobb) and said YES i was denied warranty.

Or if they said Yes I am stage 1. I flashed back to stock to get service and was COVERED
datbacker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
jhmr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313217
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
2013 STi Sedan Stg 1
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

I'm just messing with you. I'm actually very interested in this thread. I don't think you'll get what you want because a lot of the people on NASIOC are idiots.
jhmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
SpamBot
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 287534
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default

I know the answers.

But I'm not telling.

(Just another NASIOC idiot)
SpamBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

guess OP doesn't know how to use the search feature either.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
datbacker59
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250117
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New York 518
Vehicle:
2012 STi
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

^because we all want links to 20+ links for warranty/accessport threads that are 10 pages long of what people hear from others that they regurgitate.
datbacker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #13
nhmtns
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 94283
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Mt. Washington Valley, NH
Vehicle:
'05 OBXT Stage 2
Min bil är svart

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXLTD View Post
I for one would never admit to having an aftermarket tune or not.
You just did.
nhmtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
WRXLTD
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 136314
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: A$$achusetts
Vehicle:
2014 Grand Cherokee

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamBot View Post

I know the answers.

But I'm not telling.

(Just another NASIOC idiot)
At least you're admitting it.

WRXLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #15
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by datbacker59 View Post
^because we all want links to 20+ links for warranty/accessport threads that are 10 pages long of what people hear from others that they regurgitate.
they contain the exact answers that you'll get in this thread....

except you wont have started a stupid thread if you had searched.

plainly put, even if you ONLY flash stage 1 and unmarry it, it IS warranty fraud. and they CAN tell if you've flashed the ECU at all.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #16
jhmr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313217
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
2013 STi Sedan Stg 1
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
they contain the exact answers that you'll get in this thread....

except you wont have started a stupid thread if you had searched.

plainly put, even if you ONLY flash stage 1 and unmarry it, it IS warranty fraud. and they CAN tell if you've flashed the ECU at all.
I'm more interested in the correlation between blown ringlands and whether or not the car had a stock or stage 1 tune. But, I doubt this kind of data will pull through. I've heard that while they CAN tell that you've flashed it, they can't PROVE it was flashed by an accessport. So

Also, what's it to you if a new thread is started or not? Does it really get that far under your skin? I thought that's what forums were? Stupid websites for stupid people to ask stupid questions. If it weren't for all the stupids derping their way onto websites such as this one, these forums would be unsuccessful.

Perhaps if the mods tried to find polite ways to instruct people to better use the search function, things might get better. But it seems the mods are fed up with it too. In which case, why even be moderators?



EDIT: For clarity, let the record show that I count myself as one of the "stupids."

Last edited by jhmr; 11-15-2012 at 06:41 PM.
jhmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #17
datbacker59
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250117
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New York 518
Vehicle:
2012 STi
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

^^^^^ thank you very much... guess some people cant stand too many threads it hurts there feelings and they provide no input but say its pointless. Anyways back on topic it is to get a general concensus
datbacker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmr View Post
I'm more interested in the correlation between blown ringlands and whether or not the car had a stock or stage 1 tune. But, I doubt this kind of data will pull through. I've heard that while they CAN tell that you've flashed it, they can't PROVE it was flashed by an accessport. So
There is NO correlation between blown ringlands. They happen on tuned cars. They happen on stock cars. Noone really knows at this point.

doesn't matter if its an AP or open source. Flash is flashed. Period.

Quote:
Also, what's it to you if a new thread is started or not? Does it really get that far under your skin? I thought that's what forums were? Stupid websites for stupid people to ask stupid questions. If it weren't for all the stupids derping their way onto websites such as this one, these forums would be unsuccessful.
there are 1000 threads covering this exact topic. blown ringlands, tune and warranty issues, etc.

Quote:
Perhaps if the mods tried to find polite ways to instruct people to better use the search function, things might get better. But it seems the mods are fed up with it too. In which case, why even be moderators?
Moderators aren't here to hold peoples hands. They are here to make sure the forum operates smoothly and successfully. The past few years have been an influx of retards demanding that their hand be held, and spoonfed information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datbacker59 View Post
^^^^^ thank you very much... guess some people cant stand too many threads it hurts there feelings and they provide no input but say its pointless. Anyways back on topic it is to get a general concensus
because THERE ARE ALREADY A METRIC TON OF THREADS relating to these EXACT same topics. Why are YOU so different that you should have your hand held?

again, there IS NO correlation. It happens on stock cars...it happens on tuned cars......

in terms of your warranty, pay to play. if you cant accept that risk, don't bother.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #19
jhmr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313217
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
2013 STi Sedan Stg 1
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
There is NO correlation between blown ringlands. They happen on tuned cars. They happen on stock cars. Noone really knows at this point.
Is there a thread making an attempt to collect data that will prove. Maybe if data were collected, a more definitive conclusion could be reached?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
doesn't matter if its an AP or open source. Flash is flashed. Period.
I'd rather not get into this, we'll just go around in circles. My official stance on "warranty fraud" is neutral. The dealerships are constantly scheming ways to dig money out of our pockets, so tit for tat.



Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
there are 1000 threads covering this exact topic. blown ringlands, tune and warranty issues, etc.
Perhaps that has to due with the fact that nobody knows the answer to the questions. It seems you're encouraging the "it just happens and nobody knows why so drop it" attitude. I disagree with that. This thread seems like an honest attempt to address the issue in a very straightforward manner.



Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
Moderators aren't here to hold peoples hands. They are here to make sure the forum operates smoothly and successfully. The past few years have been an influx of retards demanding that their hand be held, and spoonfed information. because THERE ARE ALREADY A METRIC TON OF THREADS relating to these EXACT same topics. Why are YOU so different that you should have your hand held?
I agree, the moderators are here to make sure the forums operate smoothly and successfully. It's a job. Much like a job, sometimes you have to put up with crap that annoys you in order to perform it successfully. If dealing with retards is part of the job, well boo-freaking-hoo. Don't like the job? Quit. Don't like people telling you that you suck at your job.

What makes asshats like YOU so different that you get to put thread dump just because you're familiar with a piece of information. If you don't like a thread, don't open it. Don't comment. What do you gain from thread dumping other than venting your silly frustration over something that annoys you?




Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
again, there IS NO correlation. It happens on stock cars...it happens on tuned cars......
This is a bold statement. Do you have DATA to prove this? I didn't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
in terms of your warranty, pay to play. if you cant accept that risk, don't bother.
Agreed. I just happen to disagree when it comes to Subaru denying warranty when a person went out of their way to correct at tune their engineers know is inadequate.
jhmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #20
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmr View Post
Is there a thread making an attempt to collect data that will prove. Maybe if data were collected, a more definitive conclusion could be reached?
try the threads specifically relating to ringland failures in the warranty forum.

Quote:
I'd rather not get into this, we'll just go around in circles. My official stance on "warranty fraud" is neutral. The dealerships are constantly scheming ways to dig money out of our pockets, so tit for tat.
they are a business. they are in business to make money. if someone falls for their sales tactics, shame on them.

Quote:
Agreed. I just happen to disagree when it comes to Subaru denying warranty when a person went out of their way to correct at tune their engineers know is inadequate.
again - ringlands are blowing on TUNED and UNTUNED cars, can you REALLY say its the factory tune? I dont think so. The excuse of "I'm just correcting an inadequate tune from the factory" is a cop out. Period.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #21
datbacker59
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250117
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New York 518
Vehicle:
2012 STi
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

^chill bro we know you dont like this thread so leave?

this is to see what peoples experiences are with the stage 1 tune. Not what you think. that is all.
datbacker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #22
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by datbacker59 View Post
^chill bro we know you dont like this thread so leave?

this is to see what peoples experiences are with the stage 1 tune. Not what you think. that is all.
you are obviously too dense to understand ANYTHING i've said.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #23
HinshawWRX
Medium Frank
Moderator
 
Member#: 140114
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Common Sense, VA
Vehicle:
2014 Porsche
GT3 (Currently on Fire)

Default



The "issue" of ringlands has existed for more then just 2010, 2011, and 2012. Ironically, if you went around the forum for more then a few seconds you would see this.

Now carry on with a thread that will end in arguments, tears, ogors, and a weird odor.
HinshawWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #24
datbacker59
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250117
Join Date: Jun 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: New York 518
Vehicle:
2012 STi
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

but the thing is I know all that? and we are not allowed to ask people what their experiences are with the stage 1 tune?
datbacker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #25
jhmr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 313217
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Vehicle:
2013 STi Sedan Stg 1
Plasma Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
you are obviously too dense to understand ANYTHING i've said.
You argue like a girl.
jhmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.