Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > News & Rumors > Non-Subaru News & Rumors

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #51
Frank A
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 49979
Join Date: Dec 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: MD, US
Vehicle:
11 dgm wrx hatch
08 black TA STI

Default

And, just one more statistic: according to the study in this quirky news article, 51% of children in Australia feel that their dad is the better driver. And we all know children are more honest then adults, so this must be right:

http://screen.yahoo.com/who-s-a-bett...-31113157.html

Frank

ps- for the record, I've caused more accidents than I've been dragged into by women, and the two big near-misses that I experienced this year were the fault of men, however my wife has caused her fair share of accidents as well.

pps- on talking your way out of tickets, I'm batting better than 50%, but I also live in a relatively lenient state. If I didn't work hard to maintain a clean record and lived in VA or PA my % would be lower.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Frank A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #52
k04sti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 171773
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: tampa, fl
Vehicle:
04 wrx sti
jbp dom 3 xtr w meth!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
Half of you are completely ignorant when it comes to women getting out of tickets. It's more like 1 out of 10 times to get out of a ticket. Trying to bend the truth in favor of your argument just means you're butthurt, lmao.

As usual, the insecure men WILL defend their pride because that's all they have going for them.
As usual, feminist woman thinks that because of one skewed statistic, she thinks that women are better drivers.

Also, it cannot be denied that women get out of tickets easier than men, as the majority of cops are male. Well... I guess you have to be kinda attractive... I guess you haven't gotten out of a ticket and you're the one being butthurt....lmao.....
k04sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #53
quentinberg007
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 7887
Join Date: Jun 2001
Default

I've gotten out of tickets the last two times I've been pulled over. Did those cops just find me attractive?

quentinberg007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #54
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinberg007 View Post
I've gotten out of tickets the last two times I've been pulled over. Did those cops just find me attractive?

Ahahaha, DEFINITELY. At least according to the ignorant retards on this forum who think women get out of tickets just because they start crying or flirt with the officer.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #55
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinberg007 View Post
I've gotten out of tickets the last two times I've been pulled over. Did those cops just find me attractive?

Love it.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #56
sr20dehauler
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 98950
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
RIP - Subaru FXTi
SOLD - B13 SE-R

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
Half of you are completely ignorant when it comes to women getting out of tickets. It's more like 1 out of 10 times to get out of a ticket. Trying to bend the truth in favor of your argument just means you're butthurt, lmao.

As usual, the insecure men WILL defend their pride because that's all they have going for them.
My wife has gotten out of her past 2 and is hitting more like 4 out of 10 without BSing or crying... so ymmv
sr20dehauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #57
quentinberg007
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 7887
Join Date: Jun 2001
Default

I've been ticketed 3 times, pulled over 8 times. So, off the hook 5 of 8 times based on my good looks. (Speeding was 6 of those times pulled over).
quentinberg007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #58
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Ticketed twice, pulled over at least nine times, maybe ten in my ten years of having a license. One ticket for tint. One ticket for speeding. The 2011 WRX got pulled over the most, about five times, and it's the one that received both of those tickets.

Once in the STI I was slowing down from well over 100MPH and clocked at about 92MPH in a 65MPH zone (our highest in Alaska). I didn't have my insurance card or license on me, and had two friends in the car... No ticket.

Damn I must be sexy as hell!
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #59
warpath
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84622
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: -=OT B-Lister=-
Vehicle:
2010 EVO X GSR
1992 MKIII Supra

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post

Damn I must be sexy as hell!
I think you cried or were flirty.
warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #60
quentinberg007
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 7887
Join Date: Jun 2001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpath View Post
I think you cried or were flirty.
Pull a ball out?
quentinberg007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #61
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

hahaha!!! You guys are awesome. I don't cry, I take pics.





I don't know any female that would bother taking pictures of getting pulled over (doesn't mean they don't exist, but statistically... highly doubtful).

I ain't no punk bitch!

chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #62
warpath
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84622
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: -=OT B-Lister=-
Vehicle:
2010 EVO X GSR
1992 MKIII Supra

Default

^


Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinberg007 View Post
Pull a ball out?
Or ask if he wants a mustache ride.
warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #63
k04sti
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 171773
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: tampa, fl
Vehicle:
04 wrx sti
jbp dom 3 xtr w meth!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinberg007 View Post
I've gotten out of tickets the last two times I've been pulled over. Did those cops just find me attractive?

I guess so! Either that or he was having a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
Ahahaha, DEFINITELY. At least according to the ignorant retards on this forum who think women get out of tickets just because they start crying or flirt with the officer.
Never said that and I was kind of joking.. but anyway male cops tend to be more lenient towards females than males. Just how today's society works.

My girlfriend has used the I am on my period trick and gotten out of two tickets, but that only works on male cops . Female cop would be like well its your own fault for not having a pad or tampon.

Also, who is the real ignorant one here? You who posts up this single skewed statistic that claims that females are better drivers than males? Or the males that question the data, because it lacks sufficient information?


Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Ticketed twice, pulled over at least nine times, maybe ten in my ten years of having a license. One ticket for tint. One ticket for speeding. The 2011 WRX got pulled over the most, about five times, and it's the one that received both of those tickets.

Once in the STI I was slowing down from well over 100MPH and clocked at about 92MPH in a 65MPH zone (our highest in Alaska). I didn't have my insurance card or license on me, and had two friends in the car... No ticket.

Damn I must be sexy as hell!
You must be!
k04sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #64
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinberg007 View Post
I've been ticketed 3 times, pulled over 8 times. So, off the hook 5 of 8 times based on my good looks. (Speeding was 6 of those times pulled over).
Whoa, hold on now. You shouldn't give that statistic out there like that. The guys on this forum might start to send you PM's with their cell phone numbers asking for your A/S/L assuming you've got a big enough rack to talk your way out of tickets. All of these butthurt guys might ask you for advice too!

A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #65
LIQUIDSK8S
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 22605
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Vehicle:
2002 JDM STI/WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W

Whoa, hold on now. You shouldn't give that statistic out there like that. The guys on this forum might start to send you PM's with their cell phone numbers asking for your A/S/L assuming you've got a big enough rack to talk your way out of tickets. All of these butthurt guys might ask you for advice too!

Lol you are soooo butthurt because we were able to poke HUGE holes in that study. Just admit it, it was a garbage study that ignored numerous important factors.
LIQUIDSK8S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #66
fredzy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 317270
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Erie, PA
Vehicle:
15 WRX, WRB 6MT
14 CX-5

Default

I thought this thread subject would be referring to driving skill, like on a track. To which I would say "nah, I'm bad and it's OK. People still like me."
fredzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #67
warpath
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84622
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: -=OT B-Lister=-
Vehicle:
2010 EVO X GSR
1992 MKIII Supra

Default

Quote:
IN BEFORE THE INSECURE MEN FLOCK TO THE REPLY BOX TO DEFEND THEIR MANHOOD LOL!
The OP came here with an agenda. Anytime you open with inflammatory comments your looking to troll. I'm not even sure why this thread is even here. It's not news or rumors about a car.

Last edited by warpath; 11-16-2012 at 10:27 AM.
warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #68
chanomatik
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 159474
Join Date: Sep 2007
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage (...for now...)
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Default

Men were allowed to be scientists first, so therefore all your data are belong to us.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #69
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Men were allowed to be scientists first, so therefore all your data are belong to us.
LOL, don't feed the trolls! There was a reason why some people (read: insecure drivers) just HAD to reply to this thread. The testicles be but very fragile organs hanging out which need protection.

A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #70
gravitylover
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334328
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mahopac NY
Vehicle:
2013 XV Crosstrek
Khaki

Default

I must be absolutely horrible. Two cars totaled in ten months! Unfortunately both of them were by women running stop signs...
gravitylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #71
easterbran
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 307359
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tyrone,GA
Vehicle:
'05 STi Stage II
OBP

Default

CORRELATION DOES NOT PROVE CAUSATION!

...and I'm out.
easterbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #72
Calamity Jesus
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 44501
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: in a minefield of caddishness.
Vehicle:
1984 "Skeletor from
"He-Man"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
LOL, don't feed the trolls! There was a reason why some people (read: insecure drivers) just HAD to reply to this thread. The testicles be but very fragile organs hanging out which need protection.

Meanwhile, your trolling is a model of confidence.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #73
A W
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265433
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Jesus View Post
Meanwhile, your trolling is a model of confidence.
Trolling? Me? Of course not. I'm just posting information here to see the reactions of insecure men flock to the reply boxes to justify themselves which is already unsightly.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/21/w...e-on-us-roads/

So I guess the people who argued "there are more male drivers out there" obviously based it from his knowledge base below his belt.
A W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #74
LIQUIDSK8S
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 22605
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Vehicle:
2002 JDM STI/WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
Trolling? Me? Of course not. I'm just posting information here to see the reactions of insecure men flock to the reply boxes to justify themselves which is already unsightly.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/21/w...e-on-us-roads/

So I guess the people who argued "there are more male drivers out there" obviously based it from his knowledge base below his belt.
Studies still show men drive for longer periods then women. So the overall stats have men being on the road more.

"The study concludes that women are more likely than men to purchase vehicles that are smaller, safer and more fuel efficient, and that they drive less over all than their male counterparts."
LIQUIDSK8S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #75
Lrn2Corner
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 246224
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Chesapeake
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Sedan
12 Rav4 V6

Default

Let this thread die, we have already proven with actual facts and statistics that men are better drivers and that women continue to get worse at driving as they age and as the excuses for distractions increase.

Until women drive as many miles per year as men you wont see any justice with insurance companies because they only base their rates on yearly numbers and not on a mile per mile basis. Which if they did then insurance rates would be equal or women would pay slightly more.
Lrn2Corner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.