Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 13, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
Wtfmaynelol
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 332472
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
08 Sti
White yooooomg

Default Engine rebuilt, how to reset the accessport

This question probably belongs in the noob section... anyway, I purchased my sti a few months ago. The previous owner traded it in, the dealership had a local performance shop (forced air tech, awesome shop) rebuild the engine. The previous owner sold the accessport with the vehicle but I've been told it won't work since the engine has been rebuilt. can I plug it in and check? I don't want to screw anything up.. What are my options? Do I need a new one?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Wtfmaynelol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
hutch959
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 267463

as long as the ecu wasnt changed it should be still married to it.
plug it and let us know what the first screen you see is.
hutch959 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #3
Wtfmaynelol
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
08 Sti
White yooooomg

Hey thanks, having some issues figuring that out but will let you know when I manage that much
Old 11-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
hutch959
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 267463

i meant... plug the ap into the obd port using the ap/obd cable and tell us what the screen says after it boots up.
hutch959 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #5
Wtfmaynelol
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
08 Sti
White yooooomg

Been a busy week at work so I just am now getting to this..

First it says accessport, then shows a picture of an sti hatch, same color as mine a well, reminds me to check pc for updates then the screen changes to a menu, first up its monitor...
Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

As long as the ECU is still the same ECU the AccessPORT was installed on, it doesn't matter that the engine was rebuilt.

If you want to be 100% sure, you will need to go a little further to verify the AccessPORT programming is still on that ECU. With the engine off and the key in the 'On' position, go to the Tune -> Change Map option on the AccessPORT. At that point the AccessPORT will look for its data on your ECU.

If you get to the next screen where it asks you Realtime or Reflash, you are golden and you can cancel out and no harm will be done since we haven't started doing anything yet.

If it comes up with an incorrect vehicle error, then that AP's data is not on your ECU.

Chris
COBB Tuning
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
Wtfmaynelol
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
08 Sti
White yooooomg

Awesome, thanks a lot. I'll try that out on my lunch break, if I get that error what are my options? I'm going to be tuned to run e85 next week and want my accessport ready
Old 11-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
Wtfmaynelol
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
08 Sti
White yooooomg

It says its not installed in this vehicle, how do I go about installing it? Also I played around in monitor and tried to view my data log, I can't imagine that could be harmful, figured I'd ask anyway
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #9
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfmaynelol View Post
It says its not installed in this vehicle, how do I go about installing it? Also I played around in monitor and tried to view my data log, I can't imagine that could be harmful, figured I'd ask anyway
Go the AccessPORT's "About" menu and see what the installed state shows.

Bill
Old 11-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #10
Wtfmaynelol
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
08 Sti
White yooooomg

It shows that its installed, so I don't get what the issue is. The previous owner left the box and cords and it was only installed on this vehicle
Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
It shows that its installed, so I don't get what the issue is. The previous owner left the box and cords and it was only installed on this vehicle
Can you post the exact message you are getting and the exact function you are attempting to run when it occurs?

Bill
Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #12
Wtfmaynelol
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
08 Sti
White yooooomg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
Can you post the exact message you are getting and the exact function you are attempting to run when it occurs?

Bill
An example would be when trying to load a map (just to see if I could) it says its not installed on this vehicle.. I'd be happy to try anything else or give you any other info just let me know what you need, thanks so much for the help
Old 11-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #13
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
An example would be when trying to load a map (just to see if I could) it says its not installed on this vehicle.. I'd be happy to try anything else or give you any other info just let me know what you need, thanks so much for the help
Try to see if you can get a memory snapshot (found under troubleshooting menu on AccessPORT). Once it is saved, you can use the AccessPORT Manager software to transfer the snapshot file from the AccessPORT to your computer. When you've completed this, PM us along with the serial number that is on the back of the AccessPORT. I'll send you an email address that you can send the snapshot to.

Bill