Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday September 17, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
GD914
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 324576
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza wrx
MBP

Default 06 sti swap on bugeye FUEL ISSUE HELP

hello nasioc il try to short my story on my car brought a fresh bugeye with really low miles, had the car sitting for 1 month, started to purchase parts like crazy.. lets get to the chase

Tune day #1 (street tune): tuner requested that the car is breaking down, not enough power (either coil-pack or sparks) so i foul my spark plugs and changed them the next day.

Tune day #2 (street tune): car is not breaking down but is not getting enough fuel so i was requested to change my fuel pump, even tho i had a walbro 255 not 1 year old on the car..( changed my fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter)

Tune #3 (Dyno tune): Car still not getting enough fuel (contacted Street Masters and brought a new walbro 255 and installed it)

Tune #4 (street tune): was told by tuner it helped my gas but the car was still lean at 4,000_5,000rpm (was requested to change my injectors, which the car had brand new in the box DW850cc purchase with DW, contacted street master and brought my second pair of DW850cc thats 1,000 on injectors so i didnt want to take a chance so i purchase a JDM V7 manifold which i purchase for 450)

Tune #5 (street tune): NO HELP at all so both pair of injectors are good ( was told by tuner to change my MAF so i did it rite their since i had a pair on the car the tuner told me it helped a little more but still lean) coming home just wanted to sell the car but posting this up as my last resource.. i have spended around 14g on only upgrades brand new with receipt

LONG STORY SHORT 3RD GEAR AT 3,000 FULL THROTTLE CAR IS GOOD WITHING 4200-5,000RPM CAR GETS LEAN READING ON WIDE BAND ARE 10.2-10.8 AND START GETTING LEAN 13.5 ON FULL THROTTLE.. MY boost gauge reads 21psi and my tuner computer reads only 14psi so we are guessing once the car hits over 14psi it gets lean its this an ecu issue ??? im out of ideas and ready for help... thanx for your time nasioc hope i get some answer
s

any ideas is good just pm me and i will deff get back

upgrades:
06 sti full motor swap
05 transmission
AMR CXR500
DW850cc
V7 STI manifold
Turbo xs big TMIC
Grimspeed EBCS
etc.. have to much to list this are the basic
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by GD914; 12-04-2012 at 07:44 PM.
GD914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
holyjoetart
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 232986
Vehicle:
07 Legacy GT
OBP

I'm sorry that you spent so much to not fix your problem.

It seems like you have a vacuum leak after your MAF sensor.

Do a vacuum leak test. You might find why your MAP isn't reading what your gauge is.
holyjoetart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
GD914
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Impreza wrx
MBP

well i had a 05 wrx manifold with a map than i purchased the v7 which came complete with a different map.. but i will try that
Old 12-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
GD914
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Impreza wrx
MBP

75 views and 1 reply?????
Old 12-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
holyjoetart
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 232986
Vehicle:
07 Legacy GT
OBP

Did you test for a vacuum leak?
holyjoetart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
GD914
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Impreza wrx
MBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyjoetart View Post
Did you test for a vacuum leak?
yes had a slight bad o ring on my maf which wont make a difference and one of my ebcs hose the one that goes into the wastegate was a little off thats about it nothing big but the one on the ebcs might help my boost failure
Old 12-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
mod maniac
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 300551
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2&4 fxt & fxt sti
Fullers Garage

I would hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see what it looks like when it goes lean. It might be a fuel pump controler problem. If so you could hard wire the pump. A meth kit might give you enough but it would be best to find the problem. What size turbo?
mod maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #8
GD914
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Impreza wrx
MBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod maniac View Post
I would hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see what it looks like when it goes lean. It might be a fuel pump controler problem. If so you could hard wire the pump. A meth kit might give you enough but it would be best to find the problem. What size turbo?
AMR CXR500
Old 12-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #9
mod maniac
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 300551
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2&4 fxt & fxt sti
Fullers Garage

Nice turbo, not to much. I would check the fuel pressure when the problem happens.
mod maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
GD914
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 Impreza wrx
MBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod maniac View Post
Nice turbo, not to much. I would check the fuel pressure when the problem happens.
ima try and check it out this weekk