Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #7051
JSchell1309
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 321321
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: KC,MO
Vehicle:
'11 STI Hatchback
Dom 1.5XTR, E85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
Him: "You should see this meet in my town this guy has a SABB that he claims has a sti wrx thing turbo hatch it's freaking terrible"

He then got corrected by multiple people and never showed his face in that thread again. Keep in mind, he had been posting there pretty consistently for the past few weeks.

So yeah, I laughed out loud at that.
I agree the Saab isn't a Subaru. You should leave this site and never come back.








* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JSchell1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #7052
prohobo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335696
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SRQ - FL
Vehicle:
2013 STI (5dr)
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusten View Post
It cools the air leaving the Turbo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenament View Post
lol +1, 9/10 attempt
Mistake granted, however Pre/Post turbo the concept is the same. My wife understands the concept because she was a diving instructor and scientist. She is actually fascinated by the concept of cooling the air to increase compression. She told me about having to cool down the scuba tanks in water when they filled them with air. She thought that if we sprayed cold water on the intercooler we could probably lower the temp even more, I told her they already invented that.
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #7053
subieguy87
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153412
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Springfield,il
Vehicle:
1998 Impreza wrxRS
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post

Mistake granted, however Pre/Post turbo the concept is the same. My wife understands the concept because she was a diving instructor and scientist. She is actually fascinated by the concept of cooling the air to increase compression. She told me about having to cool down the scuba tanks in water when they filled them with air. She thought that if we sprayed cold water on the intercooler we could probably lower the temp even more, I told her they already invented that.
She's a keeper
subieguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #7054
Rampager2000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 318350
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Lufkin, TX
Vehicle:
2005 Saab 92x
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchell1309 View Post
I agree the Saab isn't a Subaru. You should leave this site and never come back.








Ok

I got a kick out of it though. He's also the same guy who in a post on Facebook (someone looking for suggestions for a sports car the the FT86 came up) who said Toyota shouldn't have sank to a ****ty Boxer engine and used a 2JZ. He clearly had no idea what the purpose of the FT86 project was. When I corrected him he told me the project was what happened when Toyota scrapped the FRS and went with Subaru.

I felt like I was losing brain cells by the second.
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #7055
evilspoons
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 321311
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Edmonton, AB
Vehicle:
2012 STi 5-door
World Rally Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
Ok

I got a kick out of it though. He's also the same guy who in a post on Facebook (someone looking for suggestions for a sports car the the FT86 came up) who said Toyota shouldn't have sank to a ****ty Boxer engine and used a 2JZ. He clearly had no idea what the purpose of the FT86 project was. When I corrected him he told me the project was what happened when Toyota scrapped the FRS and went with Subaru.

I felt like I was losing brain cells by the second.
evilspoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #7056
bugeyetex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283815
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: San Antonio
Vehicle:
2003 psm wrx wagon
Built Fuji Tough

Default

I was picking up a pizza from Papa Johns last night and one of the employees asked me about my car.

Him: Is that a Subaru?
Me: Yes it is.
Him: Its not an impretza, is it? (that is how WAY too many people pronounce it here)
Me: Yes it is.
Him: Is it the sports version?
Me: Ummm, yeah...
Him: It doesn't look very sporty
Me: followed by- Is 120 in 4th gear sporty enough?
Him: Really? does it have a V6?
Me: No, its a turbocharged 4 cylinder.
Him: ohhh...
Me: I pop the hood to show him around with a quick explanation
Him: He points at the intercooler and starts to ask the question, buts stops mid sentence knowing that he is about to put his foot in his mouth and then gives me a puzzled look
Me: That is the intercooler
Him: Really? So that hood scoop is actually functional? Not like on those mustangs.
Me: (faith partially restored in humanity) Yep.

We talked a bit more, but he had to get back to work. It was nice to see that someone who didn't own one wasn't all "derp derpity derp derp derp"

(not saying that people who don't drive Subarus are stupid, just dumb about Subarus.)
bugeyetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #7057
prohobo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335696
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SRQ - FL
Vehicle:
2013 STI (5dr)
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyetex View Post
I was picking up a pizza from Papa Johns last night and one of the employees asked me about my car.

Him: Is that a Subaru?
Me: Yes it is.
Him: Its not an impretza, is it? (that is how WAY too many people pronounce it here)
Me: Yes it is.
Him: Is it the sports version?
Me: Ummm, yeah...
Him: It doesn't look very sporty
Me: followed by- Is 120 in 4th gear sporty enough?
Him: Really? does it have a V6?
Me: No, its a turbocharged 4 cylinder.
Him: ohhh...
Me: I pop the hood to show him around with a quick explanation
Him: He points at the intercooler and starts to ask the question, buts stops mid sentence knowing that he is about to put his foot in his mouth and then gives me a puzzled look
Me: That is the intercooler
Him: Really? So that hood scoop is actually functional? Not like on those mustangs.
Me: (faith partially restored in humanity) Yep.

We talked a bit more, but he had to get back to work. It was nice to see that someone who didn't own one wasn't all "derp derpity derp derp derp"

(not saying that people who don't drive Subarus are stupid, just dumb about Subarus.)
At least he seemed humble with is ignorance. That is a rarity these days.
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #7058
prohobo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335696
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SRQ - FL
Vehicle:
2013 STI (5dr)
Black

Default

We were driving home (wife's new WRX 2013) from Cub Scouts the other night (wife driving and 8 year old son in the back and me in the passenger seat).

At a red light a car pulls up along side and revs the engine. I think it was an Acura, bling rims, and a fart can. He keeps reving the engine to want to race. They couldn't see through the tint and it was night, to realize it was my wife and son in the car.

My wife rolls down the window and yells; "Seriously, I am old enough to be your mom!"

I start laughing.

The light turns green and she floors WOT and blows them away - I don't think they were ready for that and neither was I.... I kept saying "Oh Sh#t!" and my son keep saying - "Dad, stop saying bad words!"

I couldn't help but laugh as I looked over at my wife who had a determined look on her face.

She looked at me and said "WHAT?"

I said nothing .....

She said, "You can't drive this car slow!"

Ha ha ha ha
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #7059
hunteragp
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 266880
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Minot, ND
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
WRB on gold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
We were driving home (wife's new WRX 2013) from Cub Scouts the other night (wife driving and 8 year old son in the back and me in the passenger seat).

At a red light a car pulls up along side and revs the engine. I think it was an Acura, bling rims, and a fart can. He keeps reving the engine to want to race. They couldn't see through the tint and it was night, to realize it was my wife and son in the car.

My wife rolls down the window and yells; "Seriously, I am old enough to be your mom!"

I start laughing.

The light turns green and she floors WOT and blows them away - I don't think they were ready for that and neither was I.... I kept saying "Oh Sh#t!" and my son keep saying - "Dad, stop saying bad words!"

I couldn't help but laugh as I looked over at my wife who had a determined look on her face.

She looked at me and said "WHAT?"

I said nothing .....

She said, "You can't drive this car slow!"

Ha ha ha ha
Lmao, you are one lucky man.
hunteragp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #7060
pho_shizzle
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 181064
Join Date: May 2008
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
00' 2.5RS
BRP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
Ha ha ha ha


Awdsome!!! Lol
pho_shizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #7061
PittsburghWrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320955
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
2009 WRX
OBP

Default

That is Awesome!!
PittsburghWrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #7062
bugeyetex
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283815
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: San Antonio
Vehicle:
2003 psm wrx wagon
Built Fuji Tough

Default

she is definitely a keeper.
bugeyetex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #7063
dhahn1012
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 255578
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: plymouth
Vehicle:
2005 outback xt
white

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvdw View Post
I've got 5 doors...even better!
4 doors for moar whores. 5 doors for dead whores
dhahn1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #7064
Yakattak
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284332
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Platinum Silver Metallic

Default

This was a conversation that went on at work:

Dude: "Hey is that your WRX out in the parking lot? The silver one with the Brembos?! Looks clean!"
Me: "Oh yeah that's mine thanks, and they're not Brembos the calipers are just painted red."
Dude: "Nah man, I know those are Brembos."
Me: "Whatever you say man. "
Yakattak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #7065
urabuster
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 266578
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Sportwagon
WRB

Default

Gotta love when people know more about your car than you do.

Posted this in "you know you have a wrx when..." already but:

I was walking with a friend and decided to wave at a random cavalier. My friend knowing me made an assumption and yelled "Subaru!" ...smh
urabuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #7066
spyrule
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 222703
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
Crystal Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
We were driving home (wife's new WRX 2013) from Cub Scouts the other night (wife driving and 8 year old son in the back and me in the passenger seat).

At a red light a car pulls up along side and revs the engine. I think it was an Acura, bling rims, and a fart can. He keeps reving the engine to want to race. They couldn't see through the tint and it was night, to realize it was my wife and son in the car.

My wife rolls down the window and yells; "Seriously, I am old enough to be your mom!"

I start laughing.

The light turns green and she floors WOT and blows them away - I don't think they were ready for that and neither was I.... I kept saying "Oh Sh#t!" and my son keep saying - "Dad, stop saying bad words!"

I couldn't help but laugh as I looked over at my wife who had a determined look on her face.

She looked at me and said "WHAT?"

I said nothing .....

She said, "You can't drive this car slow!"

Ha ha ha ha
Good thing you married her... 'cause THAT is marriage material right there!


Btw, does she give out lessons ?
spyrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #7067
jesses_photos
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 245967
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Chehalis
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
We were driving home (wife's new WRX 2013) from Cub Scouts the other night (wife driving and 8 year old son in the back and me in the passenger seat).

At a red light a car pulls up along side and revs the engine. I think it was an Acura, bling rims, and a fart can. He keeps reving the engine to want to race. They couldn't see through the tint and it was night, to realize it was my wife and son in the car.

My wife rolls down the window and yells; "Seriously, I am old enough to be your mom!"

I start laughing.

The light turns green and she floors WOT and blows them away - I don't think they were ready for that and neither was I.... I kept saying "Oh Sh#t!" and my son keep saying - "Dad, stop saying bad words!"

I couldn't help but laugh as I looked over at my wife who had a determined look on her face.

She looked at me and said "WHAT?"

I said nothing .....

She said, "You can't drive this car slow!"

Ha ha ha ha
What?! your Wife was STREET RACING??!?!?!?!? Epic story btw, thats some funny stuff.
jesses_photos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #7068
JSchell1309
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 321321
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: KC,MO
Vehicle:
'11 STI Hatchback
Dom 1.5XTR, E85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesses_photos View Post
What?! your Wife was STREET RACING??!?!?!?!? Epic story btw, thats some funny stuff.
With the 8 year old in the car.

Meh, I'm sure it wasn't a 6 grand clutch dump. It probably was just as fast as some of us drive here. It doesn't take much to stick it to a fart cannoned ricer.

Great story by the way, awesome wife!
JSchell1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #7069
rapsody2092
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 340519
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Cthulhu View Post
In Autozone, getting an emergency battery swap (it was 28* outside and car was starting with depressing "roo roo" noises). A 20-something customer sees my car and walks in, arms akimbo:
Customer (CX): Those STi's as fast as everyone says?
Me: No, they're only 305bhp stock
CX: (jaw opens up)
Me: I've got mine up to 470bhp, but that's only half what a lot of people are getting out of these cars
CX: No freakin' way...
Me: I've beat M3's and Porsche Caymens around PR (our local GT road course), but really it all comes down to how much money you're willing to put down
CX: Well how much have you spent?
Me: $26k for a used '07 STi, plus another $10k in driveline and aero work, so $36k total on a Japanese 4-banger to beat $50k M3's.
CX: (does his jaw-openy-thingy again, only bigger, LOL)
LOL !! nice one
rapsody2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #7070
spyrule
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 222703
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza 2.5i
Crystal Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Cthulhu View Post
In Autozone, getting an emergency battery swap (it was 28* outside and car was starting with depressing "roo roo" noises). A 20-something customer sees my car and walks in, arms akimbo:
Customer (CX): Those STi's as fast as everyone says?
Me: No, they're only 305bhp stock
CX: (jaw opens up)
Me: I've got mine up to 470bhp, but that's only half what a lot of people are getting out of these cars
CX: No freakin' way...
Me: I've beat M3's and Porsche Caymens around PR (our local GT road course), but really it all comes down to how much money you're willing to put down
CX: Well how much have you spent?
Me: $26k for a used '07 STi, plus another $10k in driveline and aero work, so $36k total on a Japanese 4-banger to beat $50k M3's.
CX: (does his jaw-openy-thingy again, only bigger, LOL)
The difference is, is that M3 can put down the power ALL day, whereas the H4 will start to have oil/heat problems after a much shorter time period.
spyrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #7071
mrfunnni
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 284187
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: OC
Default

So i met a kid with a gc8 who looks fresh out of highschool so i started to mess with him a bit.

Me: Hey nice car man
Kid: Thanks!
Me: What do you have done to it?
Kid: Headers, intake, some wheels, springs
Me: So these come supercharged right? v6? (i look over at my friends who all know i work at subaru "wink wink")
Kid: Gives me the most puzzled look, No man its a four banger (as all of his friends are looking at me like im an idiot)
Me: (stepping the retard up a level) So i have a question, if the engines closer to the front wheels why dont those spin first?
Kid: (with his friends) What?... i dont huh?
Me: (by this time my friends are dying and im just trying not to look this kid in the eye or ill just bust out laughing) "So does this have vtec?"


I couldn't hold it in and told him i was just messing with him :3
mrfunnni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #7072
prohobo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335696
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: SRQ - FL
Vehicle:
2013 STI (5dr)
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesses_photos View Post
What?! your Wife was STREET RACING??!?!?!?!? Epic story btw, thats some funny stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchell1309 View Post
With the 8 year old in the car.

Meh, I'm sure it wasn't a 6 grand clutch dump. It probably was just as fast as some of us drive here. It doesn't take much to stick it to a fart cannoned ricer.

Great story by the way, awesome wife!
She wasn't street racing and doesn't. After she yelled at the two knuckleheads she just decided to floor it at the light, which they (and myself) had not expected.

BTW: She grew up driving a 1973 911s and will only drive stick. I lucked out - she also watches F1 religiously (all the practice sessions and qualifying). She also has the biggest hot wheels collection I have ever seen, 1,000s of cars.


prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #7073
drewvdw
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 255776
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Laramie, WY
Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Default

^^^You lucky sonofabitch.
drewvdw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #7074
Jdub.csu
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 283784
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado
Vehicle:
2013 EVO X GSR
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvdw View Post
^^^You lucky sonofabitch.
Where do you live I'm moving haha
I need to find a girl like that
Jdub.csu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #7075
Rampager2000
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 318350
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Lufkin, TX
Vehicle:
2005 Saab 92x
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfunnni View Post
So i met a kid with a gc8 who looks fresh out of highschool so i started to mess with him a bit.

Me: Hey nice car man
Kid: Thanks!
Me: What do you have done to it?
Kid: Headers, intake, some wheels, springs
Me: So these come supercharged right? v6? (i look over at my friends who all know i work at subaru "wink wink")
Kid: Gives me the most puzzled look, No man its a four banger (as all of his friends are looking at me like im an idiot)
Me: (stepping the retard up a level) So i have a question, if the engines closer to the front wheels why dont those spin first?
Kid: (with his friends) What?... i dont huh?
Me: (by this time my friends are dying and im just trying not to look this kid in the eye or ill just bust out laughing) "So does this have vtec?"


I couldn't hold it in and told him i was just messing with him :3
This was honestly not that funny. Sounds like a kid who knew a little bit about his car and you just came across as a complete ****ing idiot and he had no clue how to respond to such idiocy.
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Funniest or most unexpected thing you've heard/seen your parents do fokai Off-Topic 41 07-15-2012 01:59 PM
Whats the funniest slang term(s) you've heard? imprezaf Off-Topic 190 01-10-2012 11:50 PM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie DarkDvr General Community 15341 03-23-2011 10:54 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your audio/video system? mechanizeddeath Car Audio, Video & Security 11 04-07-2009 09:06 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie II DarkDvr General Community 0 04-19-2007 04:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.