Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday October 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South East Region Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > South East Region Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
wrc_tunedwrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 279502
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
PSM

Default NC/SC Meets?

So anybody go to the NC/SC meet out in pineville or columbia? I see some wrx's and sti's out there but not every subie owner knows about nasioc (they really should though). Well anyways just a feeler. I drive a silver bugeye kinda rough around the edges but cleaner than most i've seen that arent in a magazine. If you see me give me a holler
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wrc_tunedwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
subezero
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 207614
Vehicle:
2008 WRX 5dr VF52'ed
SSM

Ive been to a couple. Both times I was Forever Alone. A few other Subarus passed through but they were rolling with their crew of Hondas, didnt get a chance to say Hi. Ill start going to them again here soon, work schedule permitting.
subezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
SubyRS03
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 245297
Vehicle:
2004 WRX vf48 93 oct
WRB

ive never been...but im gonna start venturing out cause suby meets in the upstate have become desolate lol
SubyRS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
SHOfast
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 99083
Vehicle:
02 impreza

I've just moved to the upstate, the upstate revival has begun.
SHOfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #5
rmarshallc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 293316
Vehicle:
2007 Limited STI
UGM

I'm always in pineville but usually stuck at work. I see a few subies here and there but only ever talked to one. If you're ever in pineville and happen to be near BJS warehouse I'm usually out in the gas station. You'll see the sti parked out there
rmarshallc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
SubyRS03
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX vf48 93 oct
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOfast View Post
I've just moved to the upstate, the upstate revival has begun.
*FIST BUMP* welcome to the upstate. where in the upstate?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
SHOfast
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
02 impreza

I'm in downtown greenville. I need someone to give me the low down on what shops are good or if there is anyplace i can go to wrench on stuff. I gave up my garage for this move.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
rmarshallc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 293316
Vehicle:
2007 Limited STI
UGM

I know one but it's in rock hill
rmarshallc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
Coppertop8705
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 235044
Vehicle:
06 WRX
OBP

Quote:
I'm in downtown greenville. I need someone to give me the low down on what shops are good or if there is anyplace i can go to wrench on stuff. I gave up my garage for this move.

Depends what you're looking to do. If you want some work done Jap auto off of woodruff road seems to be really good, several people I know go there, and the owner frequents Greer drag strip with some really impressive cars. Also JR racing downtown does good work.

If you're just looking to do little stuff you know you can do that won't take too long I work on my car at my work or a friends hanger at the airport.
Coppertop8705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
SHOfast
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
02 impreza

I mostly do little stuff that I knock out in less than an hour, fluid changes, brakes, suspension... I do have a short block I'll be building in a few months too. Which airport do you go to? I've learned that there are 3 close to greenville.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
danisfake
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 194663
Vehicle:
2003 Cobra
Sonic Blue

Upstate SC represent I moved here in Nov. and have only seen a handful of subies around. I also gave up my garage to move down here so I'm keeping an ear out of any shops that I could bring my car to. I'll let you know if I find anything.
danisfake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #12
wrc_tunedwrx
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
PSM

Quote:
42autosports in concord. I was known as Intern Boy while i worked there lol. The last cars & coffee meet i went to they brought out an ultima gtr, and i left why???
Old 12-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #13
wrc_tunedwrx
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
PSM

Yea the nc/sc meet might as well be the cheap thrills meet with all the hondas that come out. I'll be helping a friend out, soon hopefully, recruiting for NASA-SE at these meets. Also, the CCI meets that used to be every thursday are supposed to be returning again this spring. Steven has been posting hints about it on FB. IMO the CCI meets had a better turnout, and it was like all the drivers instinctively knew to park next to other similar cars instead of it being Honda honda srt4 m3 honda honda honda etc...

Dont know if cci will return to the buffalo wild wings on independence blvd. I try to make it to every one of them. Also nc/sc has teamed up with Streetwise drift and they are doing an exhibition at the Metrolina Expo Center. Come out!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #14
SubyRS03
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2004 WRX vf48 93 oct
WRB

i checked out the drift event looks good im gonna do my best to show up. spartanburg expo usually does a car show/drift event i belive in march. if anyone knows of meets gonna happen close to the upstate give me a shout out. its been a year or two since ive been to one...the upstate is slim pickens for meets but im trying to revive them lol