Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
bobmirko
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324802
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default Virtual Dyno Graph 2012 STI It is normal???

Hey guys, I got these numbers with virtual dyno on my Stage 2 STI... I have these mods:

- Full TBE with catted DP
- AEM CAI
- Stage 2 protune

I set VD to virtual dyno so the correction ratio is = 1

Thanks

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bobmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.9s @ 128mph

Default

You need to start your runs at 2k rpm's. You also need to find a much flatter road. All of your runs have very different results. Overall, they are lower than I'd expect from a Stage 2 tune. With CF=1 on VD I would probably expect 270-280WHP from a Stage 2.

Actually, I just saw that the occupant weight is set to 0lbs. You need to add your weight (driver) plus the weight of any passengers into that field. That should put your power number closer to what I would expect.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
bobmirko
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324802
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
You need to start your runs at 2k rpm's. You also need to find a much flatter road. All of your runs have very different results. Overall, they are lower than I'd expect from a Stage 2 tune. With CF=1 on VD I would probably expect 270-280WHP from a Stage 2.

Actually, I just saw that the occupant weight is set to 0lbs. You need to add your weight (driver) plus the weight of any passengers into that field. That should put your power number closer to what I would expect.
Road is flat, the three logs come from the same road

Changing the occupant weight only gain about 10HP in VD
bobmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
Andrewxxcarlson
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 316415
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
WRB

Default

My stage 2 wrx catless downpipe Cobb intake and Clark turner tune virtual dyno'd at 250/275
Andrewxxcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
Scoobie_Blue
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338889
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Guam
Vehicle:
2007 WRX STI
Stage 2 Phatbotti Tuned!

Talking Stage 2 Phatbotti Tuned VD Results

Old thread, but I was searching for Virtual Dyno results with a Stage2 tune, and this thread came up. So posting what I have to keep it informative for others.

Stage 2 Phatbotti Tuned:
Im still tuning with Mikey from Phatbotti Tuning and so far im getting 286hp/303tq on Virtual Dyno with the mods listed below:
- SPT intake
- Invidia V3 Catless DP
- Invidia N1 Catted CBE

I'm somewhat satisfied with my numbers, I would rather see my Hp in the 300's. But I plan on modding more to get there, so no big deal there. Hope you could figure out whats up with your car. GL and happy holidays bro!

-Art
Scoobie_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
SeeeeeYa
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 129681
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: WV
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Ltd CVT
GBP

Default

To use VD it is important that all applicable parameters are absolutely correct. Enter the wrong final drive ratio, for example, and results will be significantly iincorrect. I have noted that the default numbers for my 2011 STi are not correct, so I created a profile that reflects my specific car.

Here are some numbers people may find useful: http://www.newenglandsubarus.com/for...p/t-14660.html
SeeeeeYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
Scoobie_Blue
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338889
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Guam
Vehicle:
2007 WRX STI
Stage 2 Phatbotti Tuned!

Default

^ Awesome thread and really informative! I double checked to make sure my final drive was correct. Thanks again bro!
Scoobie_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #8
neorex
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 106478
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: east van
Vehicle:
STi 1.5 xt-r

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeeeeYa View Post
To use VD it is important that all applicable parameters are absolutely correct. Enter the wrong final drive ratio, for example, and results will be significantly iincorrect. I have noted that the default numbers for my 2011 STi are not correct, so I created a profile that reflects my specific car.

Here are some numbers people may find useful: http://www.newenglandsubarus.com/for...p/t-14660.html
so what FDR are you inputting...?

Last edited by neorex; 12-22-2012 at 10:36 PM.
neorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
SeeeeeYa
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 129681
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: WV
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Ltd CVT
GBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neorex View Post
so what FDR are you inputting...?
The one that's in the service manual... 3.545. It is also in that list I posted.

FWIW, my default tire diameter is not correct either... nor is the vehicle weight.
SeeeeeYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #10
mod maniac
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 300551
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: mariposa ca.
Vehicle:
2&4 fxt & fxt sti
Fullers Garage

Default

Virtual dyno always shows lower numbers on my car than airboy. Mine is doing 325 ab and 311 vd
mod maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
xluben
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 261612
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.9s @ 128mph

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeeeeYa View Post
To use VD it is important that all applicable parameters are absolutely correct. Enter the wrong final drive ratio, for example, and results will be significantly iincorrect. I have noted that the default numbers for my 2011 STi are not correct, so I created a profile that reflects my specific car.

Here are some numbers people may find useful: http://www.newenglandsubarus.com/for...p/t-14660.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by neorex View Post
so what FDR are you inputting...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeeeeYa View Post
The one that's in the service manual... 3.545. It is also in that list I posted.

FWIW, my default tire diameter is not correct either... nor is the vehicle weight.
The STI has a 1.1:1 center diff ratio. The front is a 3.9 and rear is a 3.54. Due to the center diff ratio the rear 3.54 matches the 3.9 of the front.

You need to use the 3.9 FD for Virtual Dyno.

I'll look into the tire diameter. It should be correct. I believe the vehicle weight is an average between the two trim levels.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #12
SeeeeeYa
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 129681
Join Date: Oct 2006
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: WV
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Ltd CVT
GBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
The STI has a 1.1:1 center diff ratio. The front is a 3.9 and rear is a 3.54. Due to the center diff ratio the rear 3.54 matches the 3.9 of the front.

You need to use the 3.9 FD for Virtual Dyno.

I'll look into the tire diameter. It should be correct. I believe the vehicle weight is an average between the two trim levels.
Thanks, xluben, for the correction about the FDR.

In my case, however, I'm certain the tire info is incorrect... possibly due to the optional tire/wheel combo it came with. First I checked the manufacturer's info, then I took the tire off and repeatedly measured it to verify.

The weight is what's in the book, although I haven't actually weighed it yet.

In the end it's somewhat moot, as VD has been a tuning tool... and a good one. Differences are what matter to me, not bragging rights.
SeeeeeYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.