Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:26 AM   #76
Monkey king
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 209401
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2005 Sti
Silver

So what is the final verdict on the blow thru MAF is it worth the hassle or not?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Monkey king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #77
Bizko1288
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 151260
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 Sti
423whp/422wtq on 93

Honestly, it's not needed anymore. If you know a thing or two about roms, or are willing to learn, go speed density. Your 2005 STI is probably supported. Open Source speed density support:

http://http://www.romraider.com/foru...forum.php?f=37
Bizko1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #78
Scargod
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 260314
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2008 STI hatch
silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizko1288 View Post
Honestly, it's not needed anymore. If you know a thing or two about roms, or are willing to learn, go speed density. Your 2005 STI is probably supported.
Is it only with Rom Raider and open source tuning that I can run speed density? I am building a new motor with rotated turbo for my '08 STi track car. I have yet to decide on whether to utilize a normal CAI and tune with my Cobb AP and Tuner Race (after it's dyno-tuned), or do something different. If I go to blow through do I have to abandon my AP and go open source or get a programmable ECM and abandon the stock ECM?

A factor, and one of my unknowns, is what size CAI I need and do I want my MAF there. I will be running a Borg Warner 8374 and a reversed intake off a N/A Impreza and ported, big valve heads. By my calculations, I will be moving 64-68 lbs/min of air at max RPMs. I wonder if I need a 3-1/2" or 4" CAI to match the BW 4" OD compressor inlet? If I run a big cold air inlet, is it all the more reason to run blow-through or can scaling accomodate 4" D where velocity reaches about 15 F/S?
Lots of questions. This is a weak area for me. In the past I have just run the Cobb CAI and KS Tech MegaMAF (73mm Big MAF CAI), into my Blouch 2.5XTR. and was fat, dumb and happy.
Scargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #79
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargod View Post
Is it only with Rom Raider and open source tuning that I can run speed density? I am building a new motor with rotated turbo for my '08 STi track car. I have yet to decide on whether to utilize a normal CAI and tune with my Cobb AP and Tuner Race (after it's dyno-tuned), or do something different. If I go to blow through do I have to abandon my AP and go open source or get a programmable ECM and abandon the stock ECM?
We offer Speed Density tuning for all the cars we currently support with the version 2 Accessport. You can tune for Speed Density using the free Accesstuner Race software or you can get a custom tune through a protuner who tunes for the Accessport.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote