Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday October 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Tire & Wheel

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #26
mrkyle3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 272675
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
2004 Miata

Default

How do you like the LM60's? I'm considering picking a set up but can't decide if I should get dunlop wintersport 3D's instead.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mrkyle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #27
Ronen91
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324810
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 STi
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkyle3 View Post
How do you like the LM60's? I'm considering picking a set up but can't decide if I should get dunlop wintersport 3D's instead.
They are awesome in the snow just had a blizzard in chicago people were going 20-35mph on the highway. I was able to go 80 ;-) thank god they have broken in. The braking is amazing too!
Ronen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #28
mrkyle3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 272675
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Hershey, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
2004 Miata

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronen91

They are awesome in the snow just had a blizzard in chicago people were going 20-35mph on the highway. I was able to go 80 ;-) thank god they have broken in. The braking is amazing too!
How do they feel in the dry?
mrkyle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #29
trev762
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280572
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: southern ontario canada
Vehicle:
2011 sti sedan
plasma blue pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post

that may be too much pressure for these tires

that is why i suggested WAY UP TOP, here to try dropping the pressure

glad to see that nobody is paying attention

jesus
Yes I seen your post just before mine to drop the tires down to 31lbs. Not a good idea with these tires they r a "performance" winter tire.rolleyes/

Bridgestone states for these tires at 33 to 40lbs. I was a firm believer about keeping snow tires at 32lbs but does not work with these tires except in bad winter conditions where your speed is down due to road conditions.

At highway speed in dry conditions it was like driving a "hovercraft" and making lane changes was dangerous (32lbs).
trev762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #30
trev762
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280572
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: southern ontario canada
Vehicle:
2011 sti sedan
plasma blue pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronen91 View Post

They are awesome in the snow just had a blizzard in chicago people were going 20-35mph on the highway. I was able to go 80 ;-) thank god they have broken in. The braking is amazing too!
Just hope u don't continue doing speeds at 80 MPH when others r only doing 35 MPH in bad weather cuz it only takes 1 idiot to pull out infront of u and I can guarantee u will either wear the back end of them or wind up in the ditch. Not trying to tell u what to do but keep this in mind glad to here the lm-60's worked out for ya. What tire pressure did u put them at???
trev762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #31
Ronen91
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324810
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 STi
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev762 View Post
Just hope u don't continue doing speeds at 80 MPH when others r only doing 35 MPH in bad weather cuz it only takes 1 idiot to pull out infront of u and I can guarantee u will either wear the back end of them or wind up in the ditch. Not trying to tell u what to do but keep this in mind glad to here the lm-60's worked out for ya. What tire pressure did u put them at???
The 20-35mph was around 8pm. I took it out on the highway alone at like 2 am haha. Just wanted to see what I could do. It was completely empty for nearly 2 miles .

Even though I endanger myself, I would never do that to others.

I kept the pressure at 35R 36F. The way Discount tire put them on. Keep in mind my braking is different since I have an STi. But boy it basically felt like regular dry braking in a regular car or better! I even tried it on ice from about 20mph. had about 1 foot slide MAX. I HIGHLY recommend these tires!
Ronen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #32
trev762
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280572
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: southern ontario canada
Vehicle:
2011 sti sedan
plasma blue pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronen91 View Post

The 20-35mph was around 8pm. I took it out on the highway alone at like 2 am haha. Just wanted to see what I could do. It was completely empty for nearly 2 miles .

Even though I endanger myself, I would never do that to others.

I kept the pressure at 35R 36F. The way Discount tire put them on. Keep in mind my braking is different since I have an STi. But boy it basically felt like regular dry braking in a regular car or better! I even tried it on ice from about 20mph. had about 1 foot slide MAX. I HIGHLY recommend these tires!
:Popcorn
trev762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #33
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

this thread is ridiculous
Uncle Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #34
Ronen91
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324810
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 STi
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post
this thread is ridiculous
Quote:
Originally Posted by trev762 View Post
:Popcorn


This thread was recorded in Mexico
Ronen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #35
SubLGT
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207528
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Idaho
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronen91 View Post
........... I took it out on the highway alone at like 2 am haha. Just wanted to see what I could do. It was completely empty for nearly 2 miles .

Even though I endanger myself, I would never do that to others........
Since you are willing to endanger yourself .......................To see what these winter tires are really capable of, repeat your 2 A.M. experiment on an empty snow covered road at 80mph, as before. But this time, get on the brakes hard (into the ABS) and simultaneously turn the wheel to simulate an emergency avoidance maneuver, as if you were suddenly coming upon a stalled car in your lane in the dark of night. Please let us know the outcome of this experiment.
SubLGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #36
OrbitalEllipses
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 178811
Join Date: Apr 2008
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: MoCo
Vehicle:
2013 WRB BRZ
:banana:

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
Since you are willing to endanger yourself .......................To see what these winter tires are really capable of, repeat your 2 A.M. experiment on an empty snow covered road at 80mph, as before. But this time, get on the brakes hard (into the ABS) and simultaneously turn the wheel to simulate an emergency avoidance maneuver, as if you were suddenly coming upon a stalled car in your lane in the dark of night. Please let us know the outcome of this experiment.
Waiting for the 2013 STI part-out thread now...
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.