Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 11, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #2801
papa_lanks
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309903
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX STi hatch
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterbran View Post
Fast and.... Flurrious? Eh? Ehhhhh?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
papa_lanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #2802
coupe-a-loop
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 336028
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Scuurrvey BC
Vehicle:
1995 v2 sti type ra
Glacier White

Default

When you get pulled over and harassed even when people are passing you on the highway.
coupe-a-loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #2803
Kevwa451
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314408
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Stage 2
SWP

Default

When everyone says you need to get snow tires on the forums, then you drive through 6 inches of snow and icey roads on the dunlop summer tires that come stock on a '11 WRX and you realize they're all liars. Not a single problem, never got stuck, stopped from 45mph six times to let deer cross the road, never had the ass end kick out without wanting it too. That being said I do have 16 inch steelies and Firestone Winterforces sitting in the garage waiting to be installed, I'm kind of excited about that.
Kevwa451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #2804
cuztomimportz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 97904
Join Date: Oct 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
World Rally Blue

Default

Just because you can still move in snow on summer tires doesn't really mean anything. There's a much bigger reason why people say get winter tires. It seems more like you have just been lucky so far getting away with summer tires but your luck will eventually wear out. Go to tirerack and learn the difference between summer all season and winter tires. Or you can ask my friend what it was like to be cruisin down a snow covered highway on summer tires that cost him thousands of dollars and months of no car. Just saying don't be arrogant just because you have been lucky so far. But it's good you have a set of winters.

FYI: winter tires are a softer compound and the way each groove is cut into them greatly effects grip and stopping. So however well your summer tires have done so far in the snow, winter tires will be 10 times better.
cuztomimportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #2805
bbrock171
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341461
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default You Know When...

You get pulled over just for getting back up to the speed limit faster than everyone else leaving a stop light, and I do not mean hot rodding, racing or launching either...

The cop saying "Whoa, you're not who I expected to be driving this car" after you politely roll all your tinted windows down so the cop doesn't feel threatened...keys on the dash, hands on the steering wheel...

All the horrible drivers passing you applauding the cop for pulling you over. Gotta love all the bonehead, non-turn-signal-using, timid, indecisive, last-minute-multiple-lane-changing masses who equate slow and timid to a Good Thing no matter how bad your understanding of traffic laws, driving etiquette or even basic physics.

Lastly, the cop using the above as Proof you must've been dong something wrong that warrants further badgering, questioning, asking to search the car, inspecting the exhaust, etc.

Sorry for the rant.
bbrock171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #2806
Scooby207
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 255687
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Maine
Vehicle:
11 WRX DGM

Default

Keys on the dash... That's taking it to a whole other level.
Scooby207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #2807
ManualOverAuto
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304662
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2001 Impreza L coupe
Sedona red Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevwa451 View Post
When everyone says you need to get snow tires on the forums, then you drive through 6 inches of snow and icey roads on the dunlop summer tires that come stock on a '11 WRX and you realize they're all liars.
Go drive on some steep, twisty, country roads in the snow, with summer tires, and you will see.......
ManualOverAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #2808
Sellars21
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 304055
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Rallisport
UEL Headers Magnaflow CBE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrock171

Lastly, the cop using the above as Proof you must've been dong something wrong that warrants further badgering, questioning, asking to search the car, inspecting the exhaust, etc.

Sorry for the rant.
So what happened? Ticket for nothing?
Sellars21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #2809
voodeaux
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 326876
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Burnside, LA
Vehicle:
'13 WRX hatch
WRB

Default

When you're waiting for your free oil change at the dealership, and you keep looking out the window at how sexy your girls ass end is.
voodeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #2810
Kevwa451
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314408
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Upstate NY
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Stage 2
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManualOverAuto View Post
Go drive on some steep, twisty, country roads in the snow, with summer tires, and you will see.......
I was just joking around you guys got way too serious, I was just amazed how well it did with the tires it had. I by no means plan on keeping summer tires on it all winter hence the snow tires. I used to drive nothing but rear wheel drive cars so I know the importance of good snow tires. That being said I have taken it into a few unplowed parking lots and controllability is just about non existent with the stock tires so if conditions were any worse than they were last night Id be screwed. But as I said I've got a brand new set waiting in the garage.

Last edited by Kevwa451; 12-29-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Kevwa451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #2811
wrX-MEN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 330488
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PacificNW
Vehicle:
03 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeC View Post
You try to order things for your car and have it delivered on days the wife is at work.
I get mines either delivered to my parents house or I call in advance if I can just pick it up at the closest pick up site
wrX-MEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #2812
1BadP71
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289883
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Plant City Florida
Vehicle:
WRX '03 + '06 WAGON
White and Blue Limited

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby207
Keys on the dash... That's taking it to a whole other level.
I usually toss them on the roof and hands on the wheel, all windows down..hazards on.. makes them feel like you are there to listen. It saved me a lot when I was younger and more reckless.
1BadP71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #2813
Scooby207
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 255687
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Maine
Vehicle:
11 WRX DGM

Default

Why don't you just get out put your hands behind you head and drop to the ground on your knees
Scooby207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #2814
Scooby207
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 255687
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Maine
Vehicle:
11 WRX DGM

Default

You know you drive a wrx/sti when you find yourself making the boxer growl as you push your kid around in his stoller
Scooby207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #2815
1BadP71
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289883
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Plant City Florida
Vehicle:
WRX '03 + '06 WAGON
White and Blue Limited

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby207 View Post
Why don't you just get out put your hands behind you head and drop to the ground on your knees
You try getting out of your car at a traffic stop. Let me know how that works for you Your knees will be on the ground with their knees in your back.
1BadP71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #2816
easterbran
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 307359
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tyrone,GA
Vehicle:
'05 STi Stage II
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby207 View Post
Why don't you just get out put your hands behind you head and drop to the ground on your knees
I usually roll down the windows, turn on the hazards, pop the trunk, disconnect my battery, take off the shift knob and put it in my mouth, step outside, then handcuff myself to a street sign.


:P
easterbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #2817
1BadP71
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289883
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Plant City Florida
Vehicle:
WRX '03 + '06 WAGON
White and Blue Limited

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterbran View Post
I usually roll down the windows, turn on the hazards, pop the trunk, disconnect my battery, take off the shift knob and put it in my mouth, step outside, then handcuff myself to a street sign.


:P
you forgot the naked part.
1BadP71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #2818
easterbran
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 307359
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tyrone,GA
Vehicle:
'05 STi Stage II
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadP71 View Post

you forgot the naked part.
No no, I usually do a quick cavity search of myself before I leave the house.
easterbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #2819
1BadP71
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289883
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Plant City Florida
Vehicle:
WRX '03 + '06 WAGON
White and Blue Limited

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterbran View Post
No no, I usually do a quick cavity search of myself before I leave the house.

you know you own a wrx/sti when ....
1BadP71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #2820
easterbran
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 307359
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Tyrone,GA
Vehicle:
'05 STi Stage II
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadP71 View Post

you know you own a wrx/sti when ....
Then there are going to be all these users going:

+1!

This!

Every time!
easterbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #2821
madkayaker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 57378
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Macon, Ga
Vehicle:
2002 wrx w/ sti swap
04 sti, 11 forester xt

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrock171 View Post
You get pulled over just for getting back up to the speed limit faster than everyone else leaving a stop light, and I do not mean hot rodding, racing or launching either...

The cop saying "Whoa, you're not who I expected to be driving this car" after you politely roll all your tinted windows down so the cop doesn't feel threatened...keys on the dash, hands on the steering wheel...

All the horrible drivers passing you applauding the cop for pulling you over. Gotta love all the bonehead, non-turn-signal-using, timid, indecisive, last-minute-multiple-lane-changing masses who equate slow and timid to a Good Thing no matter how bad your understanding of traffic laws, driving etiquette or even basic physics.

Lastly, the cop using the above as Proof you must've been dong something wrong that warrants further badgering, questioning, asking to search the car, inspecting the exhaust, etc.

Sorry for the rant.
Been there done that. Windows down, car off, keys on the dash, right hand on the steering wheel, left hand rested on the door, license, firearms carry permit, fire department i.d., and proof of insurance in my left hand. The cop asked if my daddy bought me the car (it has a firefighter tag and the cop thought I was too young to be a firefighter... I'm actually 29 and a retired stay at home dad now). He wanted to search my car, so I told him I'd wait for him to get a warrant, which really pissed him off. He finally let me go after not being able to find anything wrong and was claiming that he made the u turn across a grass median to pull me over because my tag frame (on the rear of my car) was partially blocking the date.
madkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #2822
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkayaker View Post
Been there done that. Windows down, car off, keys on the dash, right hand on the steering wheel, left hand rested on the door, license, firearms carry permit, fire department i.d., and proof of insurance in my left hand. The cop asked if my daddy bought me the car (it has a firefighter tag and the cop thought I was too young to be a firefighter... I'm actually 29 and a retired stay at home dad now). He wanted to search my car, so I told him I'd wait for him to get a warrant, which really pissed him off. He finally let me go after not being able to find anything wrong and was claiming that he made the u turn across a grass median to pull me over because my tag frame (on the rear of my car) was partially blocking the date.
that cop sounds like a real prick.
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #2823
madkayaker
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 57378
Join Date: Mar 2004
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Macon, Ga
Vehicle:
2002 wrx w/ sti swap
04 sti, 11 forester xt

Default

He was. It was in a small town. When he saw what department I worked for he said, "oh, think you're big time huh, well we do things a little different around here."
madkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #2824
flores412
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337037
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CA
Vehicle:
03 wrx
black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNE2040 View Post
...you fill up every 4 days
So ****in true
flores412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #2825
bbrock171
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341461
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellars21 View Post
So what happened? Ticket for nothing?
No, no tickets. Just late to work by an hour and a half. Fun times.
bbrock171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
you know you drive an impreaza when.. mycarsux General Community 5 04-26-2007 04:25 PM
You know you drive too fast when.. 2DMFST Alaskan Impreza Club Forum -- AKIC 91 08-20-2006 07:40 PM
You know you drive a slow car when... StopSweatinMe Off-Topic 40 01-16-2006 04:57 PM
You know you're a hardcore WRX owner when... mrmcderm Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC 14 03-08-2003 11:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.