Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday October 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Fir3Fighter
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316780
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Parkersburg, WV
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Silver

Default If you hate Subaru, why are you on here?

Out of the year or so of reading countless posts of people asking if they should buy an 05 sti vs 09 wrx etc, I always see people bashing Subaru, saying they blow up and suck and stay away from them. My question is, why are you on here if all you want to do it complain about your experience with Subaru?

My .02 cents is, don't like Subaru, gtfo and go buy a car other than Subaru and bi+ch about that vehicle.
Thanks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Fir3Fighter is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
REX8
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 24038
Join Date: Sep 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Godspeed Cale...
Default

It's bitch...with a "t".
REX8 is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
seth_alan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 271264
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Anaheim, CA
Vehicle:
07 STy
SWP

Default

Simply put, some people have nothing better to do than complain. When people tell me Subaru sucks all I say is "Cool story, bro you should write another chapter for people who actually care"...or something to that degree haha
seth_alan is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
slimfit
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 90597
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: DELCO, PA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Premium
SWP

Default

Shhhhhh! We're trying to thin the herd so scoobs stay unique and no one buys them but the elitist.
slimfit is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
REX8
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 24038
Join Date: Sep 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Godspeed Cale...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth_alan View Post
Simply put, some people have nothing better to do than complain. When people tell me Subaru sucks all I say is "Cool story, bro you should write another chapter for people who actually care"...or something to that degree haha
I don't think that's it at all. I think the recommendations on to buy or not to buy depend on a bunch of things...the car, the buyer (age, financial position, what mods he wants to do).

Some guy looking for 400 whp? Yeah, telling him an EJ25 may not be his best bet is hardly hating on Subaru.

Nor is not recommending some of Subaru's more recent efforts, which have had a lot of engine failures, to say the least.

There may be disdain for a particular model, or year. But I doubt anyone on here honestly doesn't like Subarus in general.

Off-topic crew aside. They don't Subaru.
REX8 is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
MD04WRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 72891
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: In the blue & hating it!
Vehicle:
2014 Molten ST
98 2.5GT -2014 XV

Default

Some people have nothing better to do than set behind a computer and make asses of themselves. Others are just bitter and won't let it go.
MD04WRX is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
REX8
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 24038
Join Date: Sep 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Godspeed Cale...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD04WRX View Post
Some people have nothing better to do than set behind a computer and make asses of themselves. Others are just bitter and won't let it go.
Nice, that makes two of us.
REX8 is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
seth_alan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 271264
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Anaheim, CA
Vehicle:
07 STy
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REX8 View Post
I don't think that's it at all. I think the recommendations on to buy or not to buy depend on a bunch of things...the car, the buyer (age, financial position, what mods he wants to do).

Some guy looking for 400 whp? Yeah, telling him an EJ25 may not be his best bet is hardly hating on Subaru.

Nor is not recommending some of Subaru's more recent efforts, which have had a lot of engine failures, to say the least.

There may be disdain for a particular model, or year. But I doubt anyone on here all that much honestly doesn't like Subarus.

Off-topic crew aside. They don't Subaru.
Yeah I was just being a bit sarcastic.

Anything over 400whp will definitely cut deep into your pockets on a Subaru for people who're looking to get that much power compared to an Evo.
seth_alan is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #9
REX8
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 24038
Join Date: Sep 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Godspeed Cale...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth_alan View Post
Yeah I was just being a bit sarcastic.

Anything over 400whp will definitely cut deep into your pockets on a Subaru for people who're looking to get that much power compared to an Evo.
Yeah, I was really addressing that post to the OP...

Mr. Two First Names.
REX8 is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #10
MD04WRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 72891
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: In the blue & hating it!
Vehicle:
2014 Molten ST
98 2.5GT -2014 XV

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REX8 View Post
Nice, that makes two of us.
MD04WRX is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #11
seth_alan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 271264
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Anaheim, CA
Vehicle:
07 STy
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REX8 View Post
Yeah, I was really addressing that post to the OP...

Mr. Two First Names.
Well I figured since you quoted my post you were talking to me lol my bad. That second one is my middle name..
seth_alan is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
Sir-Knight
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 73636
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Location: the 'wa, ontario, canada
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i SE
newport blue pearl

Default

complaining and blaming things is what society is bred to do these days.
Sir-Knight is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #13
REX8
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 24038
Join Date: Sep 2002
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Godspeed Cale...
Default

ibblamecanada
REX8 is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #14
nhmtns
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 94283
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Mt. Washington Valley, NH
Vehicle:
'05 OBXT Stage 2
Min bil är svart

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth_alan View Post
Simply put, some people have nothing better to do than complain.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitero View Post
Simply put, some people have nothing better to do than complain
I disagree.
nhmtns is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #15
infinite012
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 74392
Join Date: Nov 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Virginia
Vehicle:
2015 Forester
SWP

Default

It's the internet. Get over it or get something else like a book.
infinite012 is online now  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
Heedlessone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 254130
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bozeman, MT
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Twinscroll Goodness

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite012 View Post
or get something else like a book.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Heedlessone is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #17
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

I just hate all the ****in idiots out there doin stupid ****
Uncle Scotty is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #18
ByeBye4g63t
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 290896
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenix, Az
Vehicle:
2004 STi, FOR SALE
PSM

Default

Example;

Person buys STi brand new, engine blows ringlands at 5k miles

Same person has engine failure a few thousand later, with trouble getting the engine warrantied, and has to wait (while driving a rental) for SOA to respond, and then it finally gets fixed.

Same person has a 3rd engine failure, this time SOA says take a hike.

Or a person builds the block with forged internals to avoid ringland issues, and their 704 series block cracks at stage 2 power levels (sometimes even multiple times, click on the '704 series what's the final call' thread). Stuff like this happens all the time, and you're wondering why people complain? Because they have a right to. They spent alot of money on their car, had a considerable amount of downtime because of these issues, and you're annoyed that they want their voice heard?

If you were in a situation like this, I seriously doubt you'd have much of anything good to say about Subaru, if at all.
ByeBye4g63t is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #19
MD04WRX
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 72891
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: In the blue & hating it!
Vehicle:
2014 Molten ST
98 2.5GT -2014 XV

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeBye4g63t View Post
Example;

Person buys STi brand new, engine blows ringlands at 5k miles

Same person has engine failure a few thousand later, with trouble getting the engine warrantied, and has to wait (while driving a rental) for SOA to respond, and then it finally gets fixed.

Same person has a 3rd engine failure, this time SOA says take a hike.

Or a person builds the block with forged internals to avoid ringland issues, and their 704 series block cracks at stage 2 power levels (sometimes even multiple times, click on the '704 series what's the final call' thread). Stuff like this happens all the time, and you're wondering why people complain? Because they have a right to. They spent alot of money on their car, had a considerable amount of downtime because of these issues, and you're annoyed that they want their voice heard?

If you were in a situation like this, I seriously doubt you'd have much of anything good to say about Subaru, if at all.
If the above happened to me and I moved on to another brand I would not return to this or any other Subaru forum and complain. I would spend my time on forums dedicated to my new vehicle.
MD04WRX is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #20
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Cause I love Uncle Scotty.
Djent is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #21
jlukowski
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 292477
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Gastonia, NC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post
Cause I love Uncle Scotty.
Who doesn't?
jlukowski is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #22
Decipher
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 262760
Join Date: Nov 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Lake in the Hills, ILLnoise
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch Limtd
Satin White Pearl

Default

Unabomber? They have a secret hate match going on. It's epic.

Joking aside, I think the hate for newbies asking the same questions repeatedly answered in detail instead of searching for the readily-available answers is something people hate far more than Subaru. I've lost my patience with this stuff.
Decipher is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #23
spipedong
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 98045
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wyoming
Vehicle:
2005 STi
Uncle Scotty? Dumbass.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post
Cause I love Uncle Scotty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlukowski View Post
Who doesn't?
I don't.
spipedong is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 01:03 AM   #24
Heedlessone
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 254130
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bozeman, MT
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Twinscroll Goodness

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spipedong View Post

I don't.
That's because you're new.
Heedlessone is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #25
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djent View Post
Cause I love Uncle Scotty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlukowski View Post
Who doesn't?
Uncle Scotty is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.