Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 25, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 AM   #26
mclrn227
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 83441
Join Date: Mar 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Joliet, IL
Vehicle:
2013 5DR WRX
SWP

Default

Okay, this is pretty complicated so strap in:

People have opinions. Not all of them are the same as yours.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mclrn227 is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #27
TwoFifty
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 261764
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kelowna BC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Blue

Default

What's that old saying... oh yeah,

"Opinions are like a**holes, Everybody has one"

It doesn't matter what forum you sign up for, every one has "those guys"

But hey, what would a forum be without them!?!
TwoFifty is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 02:05 AM   #28
Uncle Scotty
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 16200
Join Date: Mar 2002
Vehicle:
OK Houston
we have an Uncle

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFifty View Post
What's that old saying... oh yeah,

"Opinions are like a**holes, Everybody has one"

It doesn't matter what forum you sign up for, every one has "those guys"

But hey, what would a forum be without them!?!

what it really boils down to is this:

ya got HUGE NUMBER of young dumb idiots who post all sorts of REALLY stupid things....and post a lot of **** straight out their asses

and then you have guys like me who correct them...and then they get all butthurt and i laugh my ass off....along with many others who just sit back and enjoy the hilarity

simple really
Uncle Scotty is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 02:32 AM   #29
MyDopeWrx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334353
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2008 Wrx
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post

what it really boils down to is this:

ya got HUGE NUMBER of young dumb idiots who post all sorts of REALLY stupid things....and post a lot of **** straight out their asses

and then you have guys like me who correct them...and then they get all butthurt and i laugh my ass off....along with many others who just sit back and enjoy the hilarity

simple really
Uncle Scotty speaks the truth. I go days without posting on the forum but get 10+ good laughs from reading the things people post on here. When it comes down to it people have the right to be the biggest crybabys or trolls they want.
MyDopeWrx is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #30
Daniel Dudley
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307610
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Far Out
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon

Default

If you are here for a love fest, this is not the place.

If you want to know about Subarus, this is the place.

Are we all bound together by our passion for the world's greatest car ? No, not really.

If you are looking for a mentor, this isn't the place. If you need a specific answer to a specific question, you will probably get it from somebody. Even if they are snarky.
Daniel Dudley is online now  
Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #31
Daniel Dudley
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307610
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Far Out
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDopeWrx View Post
When it comes down to it people have the right to be the biggest crybabys or trolls they want.

When it comes down to it, lots of people suddenly think they have grown a pair just because they can log in. They have figured out that nobody can hurt them with words. Conversely, their words really can't hurt anybody else either.

There are a couple of other Subie forums where people are friendlier if you look for them. But all the answers are here.
Daniel Dudley is online now  
Old 12-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #32
btrenhol
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 135241
Join Date: Dec 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Jumping out of an airplane
Vehicle:
Old NWS
Shiny

Default

OT, and kids...

(I do subaru, BUT DONT TELL ANYONE!)
btrenhol is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #33
redsoxwin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 189313
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Kingston, MA
Vehicle:
'10 Tacoma

Default

I had my subaru for 4 years. Was it God's gift to man? No. They have faults, and aren't perfect. That being said I enjoyed the experience. Its just not always rainbows and unicorns here. People might even be a little honest.
redsoxwin is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #34
dremersvision
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 141272
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: massillon,ohio
Default

People are stupid and you will deal with idiots whether it be NASIOC or 6speedonline. There are dumb bells every where you go!
dremersvision is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #35
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
09 WRX

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REX8 View Post
Nor is not recommending some of Subaru's more recent efforts, which have had a lot of engine failures, to say the least.
OMG. It wouldn't even be considered a lot in respect to the size of NASIOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeBye4g63t View Post
Example;

Person buys STi brand new, engine blows ringlands at 5k miles

Same person has engine failure a few thousand later, with trouble getting the engine warrantied, and has to wait (while driving a rental) for SOA to respond, and then it finally gets fixed.

Same person has a 3rd engine failure, this time SOA says take a hike.

Or a person builds the block with forged internals to avoid ringland issues, and their 704 series block cracks at stage 2 power levels (sometimes even multiple times, click on the '704 series what's the final call' thread). Stuff like this happens all the time, and you're wondering why people complain? Because they have a right to. They spent alot of money on their car, had a considerable amount of downtime because of these issues, and you're annoyed that they want their voice heard?

If you were in a situation like this, I seriously doubt you'd have much of anything good to say about Subaru, if at all.

Bitching about abused engine, then modded engine not standing up. Love it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mclrn227 View Post
Okay, this is pretty complicated so strap in:

People have opinions. Not all of them are the same as yours.
Not the OPs question.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post
what it really boils down to is this:

ya got HUGE NUMBER of young dumb idiots who post all sorts of REALLY stupid things....and post a lot of **** straight out their asses

and then you have guys like me who correct them...and then they get all butthurt and i laugh my ass off....along with many others who just sit back and enjoy the hilarity

simple really
Lol. It's not the correcting them that gets them butthurt as it is the insults in those posts. Not that I disagree with you about dumb posts.

What would your post count be if you deleted all of the insult posts? I have read FAR more insults from you than corrective/contributory posts.




I await your useless insult.
JustyWRC is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #36
nhmtns
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 94283
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Mt. Washington Valley, NH
Vehicle:
'05 OBXT Stage 2
Min bil är svart

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fir3Fighter View Post
If you hate Subaru, why are you on here?
Most people initially join NASIOC because they just got a Subaru and they're all excited, kind of like starting a new relationship with someone. Over time though, that initial naive kind of love is replaced by a daily relationship filled with plenty of ups and downs. Once the bad times outweigh the good, many people move on to a new car or relationship. They keep their NASIOC membership though because it's a form of entertainment, so you end up with many people who are on here just to engage in witty discourse. That's my psychological interpretation of it.
nhmtns is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #37
equiraptor
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 300017
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Limited
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxwin View Post
I had my subaru for 4 years. Was it God's gift to man? No. They have faults, and aren't perfect. That being said I enjoyed the experience. Its just not always rainbows and unicorns here. People might even be a little honest.
There seem to be a lot of people who mistake acknowledging faults for hating on the brand. It happens with all marques, and it goes the other way, too (people who hate on the brand or car and want to pretend their "hate" are actual flaws, when they aren't). It's how people are.
equiraptor is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #38
JustyWRC
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 153088
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TN
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
09 WRX

Default

You want to see hate? Go to SOA's facebook posts. You think there are clueless/hating idiots here?
JustyWRC is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #39
FaastLegacy
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 11671
Join Date: Oct 2001
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by equiraptor View Post
There seem to be a lot of people who mistake acknowledging faults for hating on the brand. It happens with all marques, and it goes the other way, too (people who hate on the brand or car and want to pretend their "hate" are actual flaws, when they aren't). It's how people are.
Pretty much, and I don't know why people think this unique to Subarus. There are plenty of people who dislike Mustangs over on the Mustang forums and every other respective car forum. I don't know why people engage in discussion on the Internet and insist on having a one sided, lovefest. Makes no sense to me.

This is a forum. We discuss and debate things and sometimes that includes negative opinions. If you can't handle that, I suggest you hit the red x and log out. Kthnxbye.
FaastLegacy is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #40
BlowerWhore
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342050
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: new tripoli, pa
Vehicle:
2006 forester Xt

Default

haha so true
BlowerWhore is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #41
wrX-MEN
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 330488
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PacificNW
Vehicle:
03 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fir3Fighter View Post
Out of the year or so of reading countless posts of people asking if they should buy an 05 sti vs 09 wrx etc, I always see people bashing Subaru, saying they blow up and suck and stay away from them. My question is, why are you on here if all you want to do it complain about your experience with Subaru?

My .02 cents is, don't like Subaru, gtfo and go buy a car other than Subaru and bi+ch about that vehicle.
Thanks.
I noticed that people that had a bad experience with subies are the ones that buys used and modified subies and doesn't know anything about subies. They put all their money on the upgrades/mods and haven't saved any for maintenance so when things breaks down they start blaming the car. .
wrX-MEN is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #42
Fir3Fighter
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316780
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Parkersburg, WV
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmtns View Post

Most people initially join NASIOC because they just got a Subaru and they're all excited, kind of like starting a new relationship with someone. Over time though, that initial naive kind of love is replaced by a daily relationship filled with plenty of ups and downs. Once the bad times outweigh the good, many people move on to a new car or relationship. They keep their NASIOC membership though because it's a form of entertainment, so you end up with many people who are on here just to engage in witty discourse. That's my psychological interpretation of it.
Haha this makes total sense... thank you for answering my question brother!

But on a side note, I did join Nasioc way before I owned a Subaru mainly to gain knowledge and information prior to buying one. I searched about the 2.0 vs 2.5 and aftermarket parts, type of oil and filter to use and i have literally learned a lot. If it wasn't for you guys on here I would still have a Catted up pipe along with a probably blown turbo, possibly engine...

Thank You true Nasioc Supporters and Guru's for answering questions and being there for the information.
Fir3Fighter is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #43
Fir3Fighter
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316780
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Parkersburg, WV
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDopeWrx View Post

Uncle Scotty speaks the truth. I go days without posting on the forum but get 10+ good laughs from reading the things people post on here. When it comes down to it people have the right to be the biggest crybabys or trolls they want.
Agreed
Every other day i would get on and read and every other post Unabomber or Uncle was blazing idiots.
Fir3Fighter is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #44
Ernest
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 45076
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rockland County, NY
Vehicle:
2004 Stg2 Wagon 4eat
Silver

Default

People stay on here because it is one of the better forums out there. . Also this site has helped me countless number of times. Just search and stay above the fray and the experience is overwhelmingly positive.

Does it really surprise you that it's the idiots that have problems with this site. No one remembers any of this **** anyway so people should just stop worrying about it. Everyone can and has been an idiot at one time on this site.

The Internet is not the real world and in the end is just something to fill time.
Ernest is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #45
DansSpace
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 157029
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Las Vegas
Vehicle:
'13 Mazdaspeed3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fir3Fighter View Post
Out of the year or so of reading countless posts of people asking if they should buy an 05 sti vs 09 wrx etc, I always see people bashing Subaru, saying they blow up and suck and stay away from them. My question is, why are you on here if all you want to do it complain about your experience with Subaru?

My .02 cents is, don't like Subaru, gtfo and go buy a car other than Subaru and bi+ch about that vehicle.
Thanks.

Oh, aren't you profound.

Attention everyone! We can only say good things about Subarus for now on. This guy says so.
DansSpace is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #46
bad mutha
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 106747
Join Date: Feb 2006
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Hotashell,Fl
Vehicle:
04 forester xt
crp

Default

i love subaru's, most of the owners, not so much.
bad mutha is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #47
Mikewrz
*** Banned ***
 
Member#: 311199
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Westfield Massachusetts
Vehicle:
2012 Wrx hatch
Plasma blue

Default

Because we have been there and know how much they suck but we can't help but stick with them most owners know what I'm talking about
Mikewrz is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #48
hillsboro
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 84823
Join Date: Apr 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: PDX
Vehicle:
11 STI
05 Outback XT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewrz View Post
Because we have been there and know how much they suck but we can't help but stick with them most owners know what I'm talking about
Try some punctuation.
hillsboro is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 01:23 AM   #49
Fir3Fighter
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 316780
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Parkersburg, WV
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Silver

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DansSpace View Post

Oh, aren't you profound.

Attention everyone! We can only say good things about Subarus for now on. This guy says so.
Not really, you can bi+ch and complain about your Subaru all you want. But it's not just the people complain, I'm talking about the people who say --"f*ck Subaru's, they are pieces of shi+ because I bought an Sti and had it for a few days and the motor is already blown because the oil was low and the guy said he just changed all the fluids ."
Excuse me that's your fault, should have common sense and could have checked the oil in the first place before rev-lining every gear. But they still troll on everyone's thread about how they suck because of his mistake.

People need to grow a pair and except their mistakes, sure i would be pissed if i had a blown motor, but there is a reason because of it and i would try to avoid it from happening again.
Fir3Fighter is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 03:38 AM   #50
TwoFifty
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 261764
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kelowna BC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post
what it really boils down to is this:

ya got HUGE NUMBER of young dumb idiots who post all sorts of REALLY stupid things....and post a lot of **** straight out their asses

and then you have guys like me who correct them...and then they get all butthurt and i laugh my ass off....along with many others who just sit back and enjoy the hilarity

simple really
I have to admit I totally agree with you Uncle Scotty. I do also get a good laugh out of you and others correcting noobs who then proceed to get butt hurt

Especially recently with what seems like an outbreak of stupid questions.

When I say "those guys" I mean the guys that have nothing good to say.. ever, and not because of noobs, just because
TwoFifty is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.