Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday August 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Texas Impreza Club
Texas Impreza Club Forum sponsored by Gillman Subaru Houston
and Gillman Subaru San Antonio
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #1926
RunninKurt
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338292
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Texas
Vehicle:
1998 Jeep Exploder
Govt Issued White

Default

Changed my oil. Yum.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RunninKurt is online now  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #1927
Timithy82
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293462
Join Date: Sep 2011
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Premium 4DR
DGM

Default

front end modification... with the help of a slipping clutch..

was going down wellsbranch from dessau and the road goes to the right a little.. when going down that right curve, I shifted from 4th to 5th going about 45-50mph. with the clutch slipping, the rpm jumped and I guess when the clutch caught grip, the tires lost grip. The car spun and it was pitch dark out there so I dont know what I hit.. I hope the insurance company totals it.. grrr makes me mad!!!







Timithy82 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #1928
ierichuljev
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330442
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring, TEXAS
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Midnight Black Pearl

Default

Installed my kartboy short throw shifter with all the bushings ! It was a bitch /:
ierichuljev is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #1929
ierichuljev
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330442
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring, TEXAS
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Midnight Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timithy82 View Post
front end modification... with the help of a slipping clutch..

was going down wellsbranch from dessau and the road goes to the right a little.. when going down that right curve, I shifted from 4th to 5th going about 45-50mph. with the clutch slipping, the rpm jumped and I guess when the clutch caught grip, the tires lost grip. The car spun and it was pitch dark out there so I dont know what I hit.. I hope the insurance company totals it.. grrr makes me mad!!!
Damn are you okay!!? What year is that anyways ?
ierichuljev is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #1930
Timithy82
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 293462
Join Date: Sep 2011
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Premium 4DR
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ierichuljev View Post
Damn are you okay!!? What year is that anyways ?
I'm okay. Thankyou.. Felt like I hit a speed bump.

MY11...
Timithy82 is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #1931
c_quiasua
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318963
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Garland, TX
Vehicle:
2008 WRX STi 5-Door
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ierichuljev View Post
Installed my kartboy short throw shifter with all the bushings ! It was a bitch /:
Was it really that bad. I'm about to order mine :-(
c_quiasua is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #1932
TOI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 238230
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Sherman, Texas
Vehicle:
93 impreza L wagon
mostly black now

Default

it really doesnt look bad at all, maybe a new rad support and body pieces
TOI is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #1933
dajeepman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329840
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Dallas
Vehicle:
2008 Subaru Outback
Gold

Default

I spot cleaned the carpet and the seats today
dajeepman is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #1934
ierichuljev
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330442
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring, TEXAS
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Midnight Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timithy82 View Post

I'm okay. Thankyou.. Felt like I hit a speed bump.

MY11...
Damn that's weird that your clutch is already slipping might have been a defect !
ierichuljev is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #1935
ierichuljev
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330442
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Spring, TEXAS
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Midnight Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_quiasua View Post

Was it really that bad. I'm about to order mine :-(
Well make sure you have plenty of extensions and socket sizes . Buy new Grease and make sure you have the snap ring remover . It's simple just a really tight fit the mistake I did was leave it in 1st gear wheb i I did all the work . I would leave in neutral if I were you . It pretty short now though I like it
ierichuljev is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #1936
TOI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 238230
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Sherman, Texas
Vehicle:
93 impreza L wagon
mostly black now

Default

thinking again about going rwd in the wagon and having some fun before looking for a donor for a swap.
TOI is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #1937
TOI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 238230
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Sherman, Texas
Vehicle:
93 impreza L wagon
mostly black now

Default

almost lost a wheel going down the highway, cause i forgot to re tighten my lug nuts after picking my car up form Cobb. and found out i can tripod my car getting into my driveway.
TOI is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #1938
Wagaru
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169297
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
1996 Impreza Coupe
96 LSi Sedan/97 Outback

Default



Sortaflush!
Wagaru is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #1939
laxman2001
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 268558
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Charlotte, NC
Vehicle:
2008 STi
OBP

Default

heatshield arrived today.

Shop says I need a new power steering pump though. And brake pads.

What do you guys like, anyway? Here's my list:

my OEMs are worn out, and trying to decide what to get. I definitely want something that performs as well if not better than my OEM pads, and while I wouldn't mind less dust it's not a dealbreaker. I doubt I'd care about noise at all.

Car is definitely a daily driver, but I'd like to get into autocross, maybe rallycross, and possibly a track day.

So after far too much googling and searching here, my list looks somthing like this:

1. OEM (good, but expensive)
2. Mu B Spec (almost as expensive as OEM, similar performance, maybe a bit less initial bite, less dust and noise)
3. Mu HC+ (even more expensive, more to the track side of things)
4. Ferrodo DS2500 (More toward the aggressive side, with plenty of dust)
5. HP+ (sounded like they were noisy and dusty, though presumably work well enough)

Do I have that about right? What do you guys suggest? I haven't seen much info on the HC+.
laxman2001 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #1940
Griever423
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 118749
Join Date: Jun 2006
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxman2001 View Post
heatshield arrived today.

Shop says I need a new power steering pump though. And brake pads.

What do you guys like, anyway? Here's my list:

my OEMs are worn out, and trying to decide what to get. I definitely want something that performs as well if not better than my OEM pads, and while I wouldn't mind less dust it's not a dealbreaker. I doubt I'd care about noise at all.

Car is definitely a daily driver, but I'd like to get into autocross, maybe rallycross, and possibly a track day.

So after far too much googling and searching here, my list looks somthing like this:

1. OEM (good, but expensive)
2. Mu B Spec (almost as expensive as OEM, similar performance, maybe a bit less initial bite, less dust and noise)
3. Mu HC+ (even more expensive, more to the track side of things)
4. Ferrodo DS2500 (More toward the aggressive side, with plenty of dust)
5. HP+ (sounded like they were noisy and dusty, though presumably work well enough)

Do I have that about right? What do you guys suggest? I haven't seen much info on the HC+.

Just starting out in autox the OEM pads would be just fine. You probably won't even heat your brakes fully as short as the runs are.

For reference I did time trials consisting of 3-5 laps on a pretty lengthy 1:20ish course and the OEM pads were perfectly fine. This was in an 06 STi

Also something like HPS pads or Stoptech pads will be fine too if OEM is too expensive.
Griever423 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 02:25 AM   #1941
laxman2001
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 268558
Join Date: Dec 2010
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Charlotte, NC
Vehicle:
2008 STi
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever423 View Post
Just starting out in autox the OEM pads would be just fine. You probably won't even heat your brakes fully as short as the runs are.

For reference I did time trials consisting of 3-5 laps on a pretty lengthy 1:20ish course and the OEM pads were perfectly fine. This was in an 06 STi

Also something like HPS pads or Stoptech pads will be fine too if OEM is too expensive.
My view is kinda that I don't want to get "worse" pads. I'm too used to the bicycle world where you ride it till something breaks then get something better.

I've seen too many threads about the HPS and Stoptechs being worse than OEM

Last edited by laxman2001; 01-04-2013 at 02:40 AM.
laxman2001 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #1942
SilverSpool
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 55869
Join Date: Feb 2004
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: **** Rancid
Vehicle:
BMW / Ducati / Kawa
135i / M796 / ZX6R

Default

Hawk pads have great bite.
SilverSpool is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #1943
Wagaru
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 169297
Join Date: Jan 2008
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
1996 Impreza Coupe
96 LSi Sedan/97 Outback

Default

Hawk hps pads do have great bite and very little fade
Wagaru is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #1944
m1r4g3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220476
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Racine
Vehicle:
2--> 06 STI & 12 Leg
WRB & SWP

Default

installed my ebcs

m1r4g3 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #1945
Butterz
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 21205
Join Date: Jul 2002
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: ATX
Vehicle:
2004 Poopwagon
2010 135i

Default

Ground off a stupid dimple in the top-hats for maximum (...or minimum?) camberz!
Butterz is offline  
Old 01-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #1946
Likeorasgod
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 247465
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Houston, Texas
Vehicle:
'08 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Default

Went to jack in the box last night, got home and found out my cup had a hole in it, so most of my soda went into my cup holder. Guess today is a good day to detail and clean my dirty car. Prob do an oil change too while I'm at it.
Likeorasgod is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #1947
Excision
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 294622
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Texas
Vehicle:
2007 STI - WRB
Perrin GTX3076r, Slow

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagaru View Post
Sortaflush!
Look what i spotted on reddit.
Excision is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #1948
m_clark54
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 224322
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: South TXIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Spec Ed
Tangerine Orange

Default

Someone else is a redditor... sweet!

Took the forester out some muddy roads.

This past weekend, took the new outback offroading. Tested out that ground clearence.
m_clark54 is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #1949
shilohb
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 214121
Join Date: Jun 2009
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Sherman Texas
Vehicle:
2005 604whp/543wtq
fp3586 twinscroll

Default

Installed my carbonfiber driveshaft
shilohb is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #1950
TOI
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 238230
Join Date: Feb 2010
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Sherman, Texas
Vehicle:
93 impreza L wagon
mostly black now

Default

i sanded off some surface rust and primed all my bare metal.
TOI is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what did you do to your car today? Schrecken Bay Area Impreza Club Forum -- BAIC 11 09-25-2012 03:08 AM
What did you do to your subie today?! 07imprezadrifter General Community 277 06-14-2009 11:42 PM
What did you do to your Scoob today? Sheehan North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC 27 11-23-2007 12:02 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.