Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday December 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
EM101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324428
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Sandy, Oregon
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Marine Blue Pearl

Default Bluetooth issues in 2013 Sport Limited

My wife and I just purchased two 2013 Sport Limited Imprezas and are both experiencing the same issue with dropped Bluetooth connections when using the hands free for phone vals. The phones are both the Samsung Galaxy S2 from AT&T.music playback has been fine with no connectivity issues, just when talking on the phone.

Anybody else experiencing any issues with the Bluetooth? If not, what phone are you using?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
EM101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #2
chuckywang
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 103654
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White

Default

I just got the exact same car and I will test it myself and report back.
chuckywang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
flyboy1100
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 314216
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM101
My wife and I just purchased two 2013 Sport Limited Imprezas and are both experiencing the same issue with dropped Bluetooth connections when using the hands free for phone vals. The phones are both the Samsung Galaxy S2 from AT&T.music playback has been fine with no connectivity issues, just when talking on the phone.

Anybody else experiencing any issues with the Bluetooth? If not, what phone are you using?
I used to have an s2, I have an s3 now. No issues here, is your phone setup via the voice commands? If not that is probably your problem
flyboy1100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
foghelmut
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328414
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Jersey
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza SP 5MT
obsidian pearl black

Default

I have a 2012 and no issues with a Galaxy Nexus. I hate having to use Subaru's built in voice commands menu. I wish it would just connect directly to the phone like a bluetooth headset.
foghelmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
aeoporta
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 334126
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2013 5mt Sp Premium
Venetian Red & Dark Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghelmut View Post
I have a 2012 and no issues with a Galaxy Nexus. I hate having to use Subaru's built in voice commands menu. I wish it would just connect directly to the phone like a bluetooth headset.
get an aftermarket head unit check out the pioneer avh 4400bh and up
aeoporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
I used to have an s2, I have an s3 now. No issues here, is your phone setup via the voice commands? If not that is probably your problem
I have the same setup and no issues so far.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:02 AM   #7
chuckywang
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 103654
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckywang View Post
I just got the exact same car and I will test it myself and report back.
I want to update that I have yet to experience any bluetooth dropping issues. My phone is a Google Nexus. However, it is kinda iffy with Talkatone.
chuckywang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
EM101
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324428
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Sandy, Oregon
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza
Marine Blue Pearl

Default

So anyone actually using a Galaxy S2 from AT&T? I can see the Nexus and the S3 are not having trouble. Might have to replace these phones.
EM101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:29 AM   #9
pkL
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 313093
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: VIC
Location: Vancouver Area
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
5-door Sport. Dark Grey

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM101 View Post
So anyone actually using a Galaxy S2 from AT&T? I can see the Nexus and the S3 are not having trouble. Might have to replace these phones.
Time for a new phone, what better excuse do you need?

Do you guys notice that the hands free is kind of useless when you're going 80-100 km/h+? The person on the other end can't hear anything but wind and road noise.
pkL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
SleepNMnky
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 302491
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i Pr
Dark Grey Metallic CVT

Default

EM101 - try deleting the phones from your Bluetooth & then re-pair them by voice command, NOT through the menu buttons. Don't have the same phone but a lot of people who've had Bluetooth issues have resolved them by doing this. Give it a try before getting new phones.
SleepNMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
bombeater
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339070
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepNMnky View Post
EM101 - try deleting the phones from your Bluetooth & then re-pair them by voice command, NOT through the menu buttons. Don't have the same phone but a lot of people who've had Bluetooth issues have resolved them by doing this. Give it a try before getting new phones.
That's a new one... I've been having Bluetooth issues on my 2012 Sport Limited, and I figured re-pairing would resolve them, but I used the menu interface. I'll try it again with the voice and see what happens...
bombeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #12
jay25RS
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 4273
Join Date: Feb 2001
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: CT
Vehicle:
2011 GR-STI
& 2015 Legacy Ltd.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepNMnky View Post
EM101 - try deleting the phones from your Bluetooth & then re-pair them by voice command, NOT through the menu buttons. Don't have the same phone but a lot of people who've had Bluetooth issues have resolved them by doing this. Give it a try before getting new phones.
This makes my phone much happier in my STI and my Sport. (Galaxy S3 and formerly Galaxy S Epic.)
jay25RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #13
JK1320
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334690
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Salem, NH
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WR Blue

Default

I have a 2013 WRX and am having issues with the BT connection. Phone is a Motorola Droid Bionic.

When I got the car it had some issues staying synced and then it would not automatically resync when I shut the car off, I would have to go into the phone and select the car media to get it to sync.

I repaired it myself through the voice system, it seemed to work fine. I was able to change songs up and down etc. Last Monday when I jumped in the car after it had sat a few days and the phone would not sync, so I repaired it throught he voice system. It worked, but would not let me change the songs.

When I got to my destination I shut the car off and fired it up again to see if the phone would auto sync. No, it would not. It still will not, all of the suddon I am having to repair it every time I get in the car?

Frustrated and hoping someone has an idea here...
JK1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #14
Guzzi 1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338666
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Northeast Ohio
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Limited
SWP/Blk Leather CVT

Default

Droid 2 R2D2. No problems at all, works great.

John
Guzzi 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #15
aeoporta
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 334126
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: New York
Vehicle:
2013 5mt Sp Premium
Venetian Red & Dark Gray

Default

IMHO stock head unit for all subies I have seen are junk you can either fight it. Get a new phone or ditch the stocker for something aftermarket. If anything it will save you the headache
aeoporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #16
motorace
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339003
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

2013 sport limited with sat/nav. the blue tooth works fine with phone calls, but with pandora, it worked for about 2 days, then just stopped. it sdhows the song on the screen, but i get no sound. any ideas? again, phone calls work fine. iphone 4s

Last edited by motorace; 01-02-2013 at 05:09 PM.
motorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #17
SleepNMnky
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 302491
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Buffalo, NY
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i Pr
Dark Grey Metallic CVT

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1320 View Post
I have a 2013 WRX and am having issues with the BT connection. Phone is a Motorola Droid Bionic.

When I got the car it had some issues staying synced and then it would not automatically resync when I shut the car off, I would have to go into the phone and select the car media to get it to sync.

I repaired it myself through the voice system, it seemed to work fine. I was able to change songs up and down etc. Last Monday when I jumped in the car after it had sat a few days and the phone would not sync, so I repaired it throught he voice system. It worked, but would not let me change the songs.

When I got to my destination I shut the car off and fired it up again to see if the phone would auto sync. No, it would not. It still will not, all of the suddon I am having to repair it every time I get in the car?

Frustrated and hoping someone has an idea here...
I hat the exact same thing happen to me this week. Wouldn't sync. Started Monday. Deleted it & set it up only to play audio with no track info, couldn't change tracks. I deleted it from the phone & car. Left it alone & unpaired for 2 days. Just set it back up through voice commands today & now it's fine. I have an iPhone 5, Have no idea WTF happened Monday but seems to be fine now.
SleepNMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #18
doema
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340222
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF Bay area
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza HB
DGM

Default

2013 Sport Premium with iphone4 and iphone5. No issues with playback or dropped calls.
doema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #19
JK1320
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334690
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Salem, NH
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
WR Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepNMnky View Post
I hat the exact same thing happen to me this week. Wouldn't sync. Started Monday. Deleted it & set it up only to play audio with no track info, couldn't change tracks. I deleted it from the phone & car. Left it alone & unpaired for 2 days. Just set it back up through voice commands today & now it's fine. I have an iPhone 5, Have no idea WTF happened Monday but seems to be fine now.
I think the system is just moody, mine seems to be working fine again now after deleting everything and starting fresh again. Somethings it used to do have changed though. Before if I was listen to music and shut off the car it would auto stop the playback on my phone, I could even walk into a store with the phone, when I jumped back in the car and started it up it would start the playback as soon as it made the connection.

That has stopped for some reason, it pairs again, but will not auto playback. Odd, so I just figure it is tempermental.
JK1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #20
listeria
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318640
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Vehicle:
2012 WRX HB
Blue

Default

I had a similar problem using the ATT Samsung Galaxy S2 in my 2012 Subaru WRX. Turned out that the problem was when the phone went idle during the call and the screen turned off (to save power). That's when the call would drop. If I kept touching the screen every few minutes to prevent it from turning off, the call would never drop. I solved this problem by simply connecting the phone to a power supply or by checking "never" in the phone's setting when it asked when to shut off the screen.
listeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #21
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

I have the same problem now. I had to do a clean install on my iPhone after a failed update, so I had to re-pair my phone. I didn't have any trouble before pairing it with the HU, but now it never will connect. I'm able to connect to other BT devices with my phone without a problem.

What is the menu option to pair a phone? The state my HU is in now is that every time I press the talk button, it has me select a menu language and then asks me to pair a phone. And each time it fails. Is there another way to do this?
Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #22
Angelus911
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 89967
Join Date: Jun 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MA
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sport
DGM

Default

Nevermind, got it working by putting my iPhone 5 into safe mode, and was able to pair it then. Weird but it works now!
Angelus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #23
pillan
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 345346
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default

I just bought a 2013 Impreza base model. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket from At&T synced with the radio. I have had no problem at all with the music playback or with dropped calls. In fact, the day afer I bought it, I had to make a 5 hour drive. I used the bluetooth system to make calls and was lisening to Pandora all the way hone with no problems.
Maybe it has to do with my phone settings or the fact that the sales person at the Subaru dealership helped me set up everything...
pillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.