Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South West Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > South West Impreza Club Forum -- SWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #10326
TwinscrollGT35R
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 256810
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSB XT View Post
As an ex modded fxt owner, I'd say there was even more friendly waves a few years ago than now in my Rex. Maybe the new main stream that Subaru has introduced since 08' has brought in douchebags from the brodawg too hard crowd. Just no sense of car culture etiquette these days..
Well said. Plus your wagon was the ****.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TwinscrollGT35R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #10327
VSB XT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 45034
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Glendale, Az
Vehicle:
12' WRX Limited
That dark grey color

Default

Thanks mang, she will always be missed
VSB XT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #10328
kellyswrxx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325476
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Chandler, AZ
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSB XT View Post
As an ex modded fxt owner, I'd say there was even more friendly waves a few years ago than now in my Rex. Maybe the new main stream that Subaru has introduced since 08' has brought in douchebags from the brodawg too hard crowd. Just no sense of car culture etiquette these days..
Just because I joined the Subie owner group at a late date (I have a '12 wrx) it doesnt automatically follow that Im a douchebag. I always wave, and on the rare occasion I dont its because a) Im shocked to see another Subie because apart from work, I never see them b) Im shocked they waved. lol Perhaps I'll move to the west side since that where the majority of "spotting" occurs lol
kellyswrxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #10329
Psirene
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 308506
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Mesa, AZ
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyswrxx View Post
Just because I joined the Subie owner group at a late date (I have a '12 wrx) it doesnt automatically follow that Im a douchebag. I always wave, and on the rare occasion I dont its because a) Im shocked to see another Subie because apart from work, I never see them b) Im shocked they waved. lol Perhaps I'll move to the west side since that where the majority of "spotting" occurs lol
I tend to doubt you would be assumed of migrating from the "brodawg too hard crowd" and thus avoid associated doucheyness.

We have our share of spottings up and down the 101. We cool.

I keep watching this thread to see if anyone spots my husband commuting in my car. I'm hopin' to get back in it this weekend. See if I can survive a trip to the store before I commute my 30-miles-each-way-in-unpredictable-traffic. Well, that and play Borderlands 2.
Psirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #10330
IVIattIVIan
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 295602
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: In a glass case of Emotion
Default

I never get waved too. Always see scoobs in the neighborhood though!
IVIattIVIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #10331
IVIattIVIan
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 295602
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: In a glass case of Emotion
Default

Working on scottsdale rd and camelback right now. Hear scoobs going down scottsdale all day. Also see a wrb wagon with cf hood in the parking lot. Bugeye wrx
IVIattIVIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #10332
fury211
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 233750
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2008 wrx
WRB

Default

Saw a beautiful 98? imprezza behind me (Me in the 08 wrx wrb as I pulled into whataburger.)
waves exchanged.
fury211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #10333
kellyswrxx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325476
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Chandler, AZ
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psirene View Post
I tend to doubt you would be assumed of migrating from the "brodawg too hard crowd" and thus avoid associated doucheyness.

We have our share of spottings up and down the 101. We cool.

I keep watching this thread to see if anyone spots my husband commuting in my car. I'm hopin' to get back in it this weekend. See if I can survive a trip to the store before I commute my 30-miles-each-way-in-unpredictable-traffic. Well, that and play Borderlands 2.
Are you sure "business casual friday" doesnt translate to "brodawg too hard crowd"? Curses. Sooo disappointed.

Haven't spotted your car or any other Subie during my commute this week. Hope you don't have to wrestle the keys away from your hubby when you get back on the road (and if you do, I hope you win! )
kellyswrxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #10334
fury211
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 233750
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2008 wrx
WRB

Default

I would hope people don't think that 08+ owners are douches and don't remember their roots.

on the contrary. I've got an 05 sti trans in mine :P
fury211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #10335
seaneddy11
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 330431
Join Date: Aug 2012
Vehicle:
2005 STI
PSM

Default

damn people in tempe do not wave, i hate it
seaneddy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #10336
fury211
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 233750
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2008 wrx
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneddy11 View Post
damn people in tempe do not wave, i hate it
I live in tempe and wave.
Subaru Love. probably snowbirds from new york.
those people don't wave to anything that isn't holding stock.
fury211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #10337
Psirene
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 308506
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Mesa, AZ
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Limited
Obsidian Black Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyswrxx View Post
Just because I joined the Subie owner group at a late date (I have a '12 wrx) it doesnt automatically follow that Im a douchebag. I always wave, and on the rare occasion I dont its because a) Im shocked to see another Subie because apart from work, I never see them b) Im shocked they waved. lol Perhaps I'll move to the west side since that where the majority of "spotting" occurs lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyswrxx View Post
Are you sure "business casual friday" doesnt translate to "brodawg too hard crowd"? Curses. Sooo disappointed.

Haven't spotted your car or any other Subie during my commute this week. Hope you don't have to wrestle the keys away from your hubby when you get back on the road (and if you do, I hope you win! )
Heh. He goes a different route. And he has finally gotten over the fear of my car and is happy to drive it now, dammit.

However - of course I'd win.
Psirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #10338
kellyswrxx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325476
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Chandler, AZ
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fury211 View Post
I would hope people don't think that 08+ owners are douches and don't remember their roots.

on the contrary. I've got an 05 sti trans in mine :P
Lucky douche.

Last edited by kellyswrxx; 01-04-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: rage disclaimer: I am kidding.
kellyswrxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #10339
VSB XT
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 45034
Join Date: Oct 2003
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Glendale, Az
Vehicle:
12' WRX Limited
That dark grey color

Default

Not sayin all 2008 plus owners are douches or I'd be in that same category with my 12. Just saying there is a phenomenon that after the 08 and ups were introduced, the Suby world seems to be less unique and fewer people appreciate the Suby sense of community I'd venture to say. If that makes any sense. Odds are if you're posting here, you're prolly not one of those douche nozzles.. Prolly just digging myself a hole here.
VSB XT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #10340
slobalt
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 189508
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Vehicle:
06 WRX
WRB

Default

Lately i get mean mugged or people try to race me vs a friendly wave. If i sped up to get next to you, i did so to wave not race
slobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #10341
fury211
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 233750
Join Date: Dec 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2008 wrx
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyswrxx View Post
Lucky douche.

Lmao


Saw a silver bugeye on Chandler and 48th. Waved hi but you may not have seen me or thought my 08 was a Camry.
fury211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #10342
Fozzie23
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 323501
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: N. Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2010 FXT "Stg 1"
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSB XT View Post
As an ex modded fxt owner, I'd say there was even more friendly waves a few years ago than now in my Rex. Maybe the new main stream that Subaru has introduced since 08' has brought in douchebags from the brodawg too hard crowd. Just no sense of car culture etiquette these days..
When I used to have my '99 legacy sus I hardly waved because I didn't think anyone would want to wave to me or knew what I was lol. When I did wave no one ever responded. My friend has a '13 sti and he always waves to people and never gets anything back. I think that most are either distracted by their phones and ipods, don't know that my car is a subaru , aren't educated on what different subarus look like (only know what a wrx or sti looks like), are shocked I waved to them so they don't respond in time (I've done this), or they are stuck up douchebags.
Fozzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #10343
Fozzie23
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 323501
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: N. Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2010 FXT "Stg 1"
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbsub View Post
I keep seeing this (08ish?) maroon FXT with an exhaust and dark bronze colored wheels by Boeing in east Mesa. It also has a little a dynocomp sticker on the hatch. I always wave and get the "WTF you looking at" look... Anyone know this vehicle?
Nope but he sounds like a complete douche especially if you have waved multiple times without a response.
Fozzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #10344
WRX357
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 224249
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phx, AZ
Vehicle:
2002 Subiworx built/
Soulless tuned Bugeye

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbsub View Post
I keep seeing this (08ish?) maroon FXT with an exhaust and dark bronze colored wheels by Boeing in east Mesa. It also has a little a dynocomp sticker on the hatch. I always wave and get the "WTF you looking at" look... Anyone know this vehicle?
Everyone who I've ever waved to with a dynocomp sticker on their car usually gives a wtf look or just doesn't even acknowledge.

On a brighter note, rolled with another psm bugeye today on the 17 up to flag for a few miles. Had a red sticker in the corner for something garage, I couldn't see it well enough to read.

But on a sad note on the way home there was a blue hawkeye pulled over by dps around pinnacle peak. Bummer man. Hope ya just got a warning.
WRX357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:37 AM   #10345
Fozzie23
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 323501
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: N. Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle:
2010 FXT "Stg 1"
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX357 View Post
Everyone who I've ever waved to with a dynocomp sticker on their car usually gives a wtf look or just doesn't even acknowledge.

On a brighter note, rolled with another psm bugeye today on the 17 up to flag for a few miles. Had a red sticker in the corner for something garage, I couldn't see it well enough to read.

But on a sad note on the way home there was a blue hawkeye pulled over by dps around pinnacle peak. Bummer man. Hope ya just got a warning.
That guy that got pulled over was my friend. Myself ('10 fxt), my brother ('11 wrx), and my other friend ('13 sti) were rolling with him to the azawd meet. He got two tickets and obviously wasn't a happy camper. What kind of subie do you have?
Fozzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #10346
WRX357
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 224249
Join Date: Sep 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phx, AZ
Vehicle:
2002 Subiworx built/
Soulless tuned Bugeye

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzie23 View Post

That guy that got pulled over was my friend. Myself ('10 fxt), my brother ('11 wrx), and my other friend ('13 sti) were rolling with him to the azawd meet. He got two tickets and obviously wasn't a happy camper. What kind of subie do you have?
Ahh dude bummer. I drive a bugeye, psm in color. Its usually dirty, that's how you'll know its me.
WRX357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #10347
Black_EG
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 239917
Join Date: Mar 2010
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Does it worth it?
Vehicle:
2005 STi
OBP

Default

Spotted an 04 WRB STi on baseline and kyrene. Veteran plates. Cant remember your screen name
Black_EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #10348
usanasioc
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 199285
Join Date: Jan 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Tempe
Vehicle:
04 STI
Like A Space Ship!

Default

That would be this guy ^^^^^
usanasioc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #10349
slobalt
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 189508
Join Date: Sep 2008
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Vehicle:
06 WRX
WRB

Default

I see a blue hawkeye wrx with grillcraft lower grill and cobb stickers in the safeway parking lot on 39th and happy valley all the time. I assume you work there
slobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #10350
learmiller
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 229740
Join Date: Nov 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: PHX, AZ
Vehicle:
07 STI ltd/FXT STI
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usanasioc View Post
That would be this guy ^^^^^
Ash you got SPOTTED BRAHHH
learmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enough of teh Sex threads! Remy E. LeBeau Off-Topic 18 08-19-2013 07:47 PM
Official STi Spottings Thread... (and some other spottings too)... AXXE Tri-State Area Forum 50 07-27-2012 05:59 PM
Teh "Official" Maryland Spotting Thread X-Factor Mid Atlantic Impreza Club -- MAIC 2 12-29-2006 12:39 AM
Teh Welcoming Thread.. PwNeD Texas Impreza Club Forum -- TXIC 7 10-06-2004 10:42 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.