Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 23, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
Imprezid
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 320777
Vehicle:
2005 STI
White

Default 05 STI wont start P2021

HELP. I did a complete 05 STI swap to my 02 WRX coupe. Engine, tranny, axles, brakes, interior, wiring harness, front end, etc... literally everything. The engine is in and its turning over but it will not start. The cruise control light continues to flash so i scanned the car and it read a code P2021 Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor and something about Switch Circuit Low Bank 2. Im guessing this means the TGVs (Tumble Generator Valve) Sensors. It looks like the owner before me already switched out the TGVS on the passenger side near the turbo, but maybe it was done wrong? I know there difficult to put on. I checked the coil packs on the passenger side and there not getting spark. If a TGVS goes bad can that cause me to not get spark? Im so lost now and would love to solve this issue. Sorry for the long write up. I hope somebody can help me. Thanks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Imprezid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
tanner20
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 327401
Vehicle:
2006 STI
WRB

Check the driver side tgv's. the code p2021 came up for me when the sensor popped off of the tgv. As for no spark I'm not totally sure I'd check wires fuse's and all connectors and try starting it again. Maybe you'll need new coil packs.
tanner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #3
jaxscuby
Sammo Hung

Member#: 10613
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 USDM WRX
WRB

check wires around starter
jaxscuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
Imprezid
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 320777
Vehicle:
2005 STI
White

I checked the with spare coil packs i have and not getting spark on te passenger side. Still need to check driver side. What fuses should i be checkng for spark and tgv issues?
Imprezid is offline   Reply With Quote