TEIN EDFC Active. This is the industry first self adjustable damping suspension system! Adjust based off your driving!!
EDFC ACTIVE makes it possible to adjust damping force with ease from the driver's seat, by controlling stepping motors installed on each shock absorber. Built-In G-Sensor allows G-actuated automatic adjustment of damping force while driving. Additional automatic speed-sensitive damping force adjustment feature is available with the use of optional "GPS kit" (sold separately).
* This product does not adjust vehicle ride height.
- More Aggressive Damping Force Control: To control damping force more actively according to driving conditions, 2 automatic adjustment modes are available; "G-actuated automatic adjustment mode" and "speed-sensitive automatic adjustment mode (optional GPS kit is required)". Damping force adjustment levels can be set in 3 different types; 16-level, 32-level or 64-level.
- Simplified Installation/Wiring: Motor driver units, located at front and back of the car, and controller unit are connected wirelessly, to reduce troublesome wiring works. Controller unit has all the sensing functions, with built-in optical sensor to detect brightness in its surroundings and connectivity with optional GPS kit to detect vehicle speed. The power supply cable is the only wiring required between the controller and the vehicle, making it possible and easier to install onto wider varieties of vehicle models. Well-considered size and design enable controller unit to be installed to most desirable position easily without any bulky wiring.
- Better Visibility & User-Friendliness: Larger display is used for improved visibility and one-dial operation allows for easier handling.
- Useful Added Features: EDFC ACTIVE offers lots of extra features including adjustable display color and G-force display. In addition, with optional GPS kit installed, vehicle speed, altitude, longitude, latitude, trip meter and/or clock can be displayed.
- Extensibility: One controller unit can control up to 8 motors, with additional motor driver unit installed. This comes in handy for damper kit with separate compression/rebound adjustment.
- Reasonable Price: Despite all the advanced features, EDFC ACTIVE is very reasonably priced.
There is only one simple dial to set front and rear damping force separately to desired levels. Up to 10 presets are available to store and quickly recall preferred settings, according to the changes in situation.
G-Actuated Automatic Adjustment Mode
This mode enables automatic adjustment according to the changes in G-force measured with built-in G-sensor. 2 separate modes available; "G-Arrange Mode" to adjust damping force when G-force reaches the preset value (max 10 memories) each time, and "G-Linear Mode" to adjust linearly according to the preset G-force values, automatically supplementing the values in between.
For example, on streets, damping force is set to softer level while driving at constant speed to absorb unevenness on road surface smoothly and set to harder level when accelerating/decelerating to suppress unnecessary vehicle movement for better handling and ride comfort.
On circuits, understeering/oversteering can be controlled by setting damping force to increase stability while braking and setting up front/rear damping force separately to correspond to degree of acceleration/deceleration.
[G-Arrange Mode / Example of Use (at 32-level mode)]
Damping force is adjusted automatically according to G-force value, to xx-level higher or xx-level lower than the manually-set level.
Up to 10 adjustment points can be set, within 0.1 to 2.0G for both acceleration and deceleration in 0.05G increments.
[G-Linear Mode / Example of Use (at 32-level mode)]
Damping force is adjusted linearly according to the preset G-force values, automatically supplementing the values in between, for smoother & more gradual change.
Speed-Sensitive Automatic Adjustment Mode (optional GPS kit is required)
This mode enables automatic adjustment according to the changes in vehicle speed measured with GPS sensor. 2 separate modes available; "S-Arrange Mode" to adjust damping force when vehicle reaches the preset speed (max 10 memories) each time, and "S-Linear Mode" to adjust linearly at all speed according to the preset points, automatically supplementing the values in between.
For example, on streets, damping force is set to softer level while driving slower for softer ride without any bumpy feel and set to harder level when driving faster for better stability and handling.
On circuits, damping force can be controlled according to speed range to change handling performance, such as reducing understeer a bit at low speed corners and reducing oversteer a little at high speed corners.
[S-Arrange Mode / Example of Use (at 32-level mode)]
Damping force is adjusted automatically according to vehicle speed.
Up to 10 adjustment points can be set, from 0 to 300km/h in 5km/h increments.
[S-Linear Mode / Example of Use (at 32-level mode)]
Damping force is adjusted linearly according to the preset speed, automatically supplementing the values in between, for smoother & more gradual change.
G+Speed Integrated Control Mode (optional GPS kit is required)
This mode allows using Speed-Sensitive and G-Actuated Automatic Adjustment Modes simultaneously. By automatically and comprehensively adjusting damping force in response to changes in both vehicle speed and G-force, most desirable control is achieved at wide varieties of conditions and for various purposes for optimum performance.
G+Speed Integrated Control Concept Image