Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday April 20, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #5251
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
Congrats bro!! You made it. You're not done with this thread yet until you post a few nice picture of your ride. I've been coming back here just for you. (and may be DS)


I have a hatch with SPT exhaust too. I wouldn't say it's very quiet inside. However it definitely not loud. You will have some rumble which I think is one of the most awesome sound but nothing that will cause headache or annoyance.
I guess my concern is freeway driving. I'm on the road quite a bit, but that will be changing soon. Anyway, if you're cruising at 80mph for 4 hours does it get bothersome at all?

90% of the time I'm in the car by myself, so I'm not worried about passengers all that much. I do have a 3 year old but I doubt he will mind and he is rarely in my car anyway. Hmm...

I think I'll just drive stock for a bit and see what I think. I loved the exhaust in my G35 coupe, any comparison to that?? It was great with the windows down but with the windows up you could tell it was there but didn't bother you one bit. I'm hoping the stock is like that. Can you hear the rumble with the stock exhaust with the windows down?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #5252
Jyu87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342040
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post

I guess my concern is freeway driving. I'm on the road quite a bit, but that will be changing soon. Anyway, if you're cruising at 80mph for 4 hours does it get bothersome at all?

90% of the time I'm in the car by myself, so I'm not worried about passengers all that much. I do have a 3 year old but I doubt he will mind and he is rarely in my car anyway. Hmm...

I think I'll just drive stock for a bit and see what I think. I loved the exhaust in my G35 coupe, any comparison to that?? It was great with the windows down but with the windows up you could tell it was there but didn't bother you one bit. I'm hoping the stock is like that. Can you hear the rumble with the stock exhaust with the windows down?
What car did you get? If you got a WRX, I doubt you will hear quite the rumble to make it bothersome. I just checked out the invidia Q300/CNT catted DP yesterday on my buddies car and that was a lot quieter than I expected. He also has 2 babies that have racer seats in the back so you know it doesn't bother them that much either.

If you got an STI, it is slightly louder but I doubt it would still your ears.
Jyu87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #5253
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
I guess my concern is freeway driving. I'm on the road quite a bit, but that will be changing soon. Anyway, if you're cruising at 80mph for 4 hours does it get bothersome at all?

90% of the time I'm in the car by myself, so I'm not worried about passengers all that much. I do have a 3 year old but I doubt he will mind and he is rarely in my car anyway. Hmm...

I think I'll just drive stock for a bit and see what I think. I loved the exhaust in my G35 coupe, any comparison to that?? It was great with the windows down but with the windows up you could tell it was there but didn't bother you one bit. I'm hoping the stock is like that. Can you hear the rumble with the stock exhaust with the windows down?
I never had the stock exhaust so I can't help you there. The SPT is probably the least loud CBE you can get for your hatch. I haven't driven the car for more than an hour straight yet so I can't tell you how annoying it will get haha. I can tell you I hate fart cannons however the SPT exhaust gives me the perfect engine rumble I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyu87 View Post
What car did you get? If you got a WRX, I doubt you will hear quite the rumble to make it bothersome. I just checked out the invidia Q300/CNT catted DP yesterday on my buddies car and that was a lot quieter than I expected. He also has 2 babies that have racer seats in the back so you know it doesn't bother them that much either.

If you got an STI, it is slightly louder but I doubt it would still your ears.
I don't think there's any exhaust sound different between an STi an the WRX. There are however differences between the Sedan and the Hatch.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #5254
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
I never had the stock exhaust so I can't help you there. The SPT is probably the least loud CBE you can get for your hatch. I haven't driven the car for more than an hour straight yet so I can't tell you how annoying it will get haha. I can tell you I hate fart cannons however the SPT exhaust gives me the perfect engine rumble I like.
Alright, well when you get a chance take her out for a cruise on the freeway at 70+ for a half hour or so, turn the radio up to 30, and let me know your thoughts.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #5255
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
Alright, well when you get a chance take her out for a cruise on the freeway at 70+ for a half hour or so, turn the radio up to 30, and let me know your thoughts.
I'm not turning that crappy OEM stereo up to anything above 20 lol. Your matter is really personal though. Some will tell you the loudest exhaust (N1 Race) is not annoying some will say even the SPT is annoying for long drive. Why not see if your dealer has a hatchback with SPT Exhaust and take it out for a test drive? Did you order the car with the exhaust?
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #5256
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
I'm not turning that crappy OEM stereo up to anything above 20 lol. Your matter is really personal though. Some will tell you the loudest exhaust (N1 Race) is not annoying some will say even the SPT is annoying for long drive. Why not see if your dealer has a hatchback with SPT Exhaust and take it out for a test drive? Did you order the car with the exhaust?
Hm, I usually have the stereo at 30 with my iPod connected. That's my 2008 OBS, which I assume has basically the same system. There's quite a bit of road and wind noise, especially with my roof rack, so below 30 I can't hear ish.

But no, I didn't order with SPT. I was on the fence about it and the car I found in the pipeline didn't have it so I took that as a sign. But as it gets closer I'm thinking more and more I might want the SPT. I love the look of the tailpipes for one, and I realize I just like having a nice exhaust on my car. I don't want it to be ricey or obnoxiously loud, which this doesn't sound like it is. It's just the occasional reports of drone-induced headache on freeway driving that have me worried. I take a LOT of road trips, but my family is finally moving up to the Bay with me so that will change soon.

I'd test drive one, but all the California dealers seem to be waiting on the same boat my car is on. There's 2 WRX hatches in the Bay Area, neither has SPT. There are dozens listed as "in transit" right now.

Maybe I'll just go for it...
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #5257
GMR54
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 328913
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX 5 Door
WRB

Default

Maybe quickly check autotrader. I test drove a used hatch with SPT exhaust at a Toyota dealership.
GMR54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #5258
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
Hm, I usually have the stereo at 30 with my iPod connected. That's my 2008 OBS, which I assume has basically the same system. There's quite a bit of road and wind noise, especially with my roof rack, so below 30 I can't hear ish.

But no, I didn't order with SPT. I was on the fence about it and the car I found in the pipeline didn't have it so I took that as a sign. But as it gets closer I'm thinking more and more I might want the SPT. I love the look of the tailpipes for one, and I realize I just like having a nice exhaust on my car. I don't want it to be ricey or obnoxiously loud, which this doesn't sound like it is. It's just the occasional reports of drone-induced headache on freeway driving that have me worried. I take a LOT of road trips, but my family is finally moving up to the Bay with me so that will change soon.

I'd test drive one, but all the California dealers seem to be waiting on the same boat my car is on. There's 2 WRX hatches in the Bay Area, neither has SPT. There are dozens listed as "in transit" right now.

Maybe I'll just go for it...
Hmm There isn't that many report with people that has drone with the SPT. Usually it's the Q300 that produces drone in the hatchback. With my windows rolled up and 70-80 mph I can barely hear the exhaust. Though it is a different story when I roll my windown down lol. It'll be a lot more noticable but nothing like those fart cannons that just produce pointless noise. Get a pair of decent in ear headphone and go to the 2011 exhaust thread and listen to all the exhaust video people have. Some has good enough sound quality for you to tell what it might sound like. My exhaust sounds nothing like any of the video I watched lol. I have a few pair of hi-fi headphones I used to listen to them too. Ask in your Chapter Region sub-forum to see if someone has a hatch with SPT exhaust and willing to meet up with you and give you a ride so you can have a feel of how it will be. Chances are if you go to one of the local meet you'll probably get to hear one.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #5259
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
With my windows rolled up and 70-80 mph I can barely hear the exhaust.
Thank you sir.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #5260
2468101214
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287873
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Dayton, OH
Vehicle:
2013 WRB STi

Default

I just called my dealer to make sure that the delivery date is still tomorrow and they told me that they had some cars that were supposed to arrive last Friday just came in today. They also said there were a few that were supposed to come in on Monday that haven't shown up yet. I be pissed if I call tomorrow and its a no show. I don't have the cash to keep paying for a rental car til who knows when...

-#s
2468101214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #5261
psupunk
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 315560
Join Date: Apr 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Philly 'Burbs
Vehicle:
2013 WRX-5dr-Limited
CBS

Default

Got it! But it has to go back...


They scuffed/scratched the front bumper sometime after it was unloaded from the truck (my salesguy says it was fine when he inspected it as it rolled off the truck). So they are repainting the front bumper for me tomorrow.

Pics:




and the scratch:


And what i traded in:
psupunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #5262
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2468101214 View Post
I just called my dealer to make sure that the delivery date is still tomorrow and they told me that they had some cars that were supposed to arrive last Friday just came in today. They also said there were a few that were supposed to come in on Monday that haven't shown up yet. I be pissed if I call tomorrow and its a no show. I don't have the cash to keep paying for a rental car til who knows when...

-#s
Ask your dealer for a loaner vehicle.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #5263
gojira
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335613
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: philly
Vehicle:
2013 wrx
swp

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupunk View Post
Got it! But it has to go back...


They scuffed/scratched the front bumper sometime after it was unloaded from the truck (my salesguy says it was fine when he inspected it as it rolled off the truck). So they are repainting the front bumper for me tomorrow.

Pics:




and the scratch:


And what i traded in:
Did you go to glanzman? i went there and tried to get invoice price and they wont budge. ended up ordering from prestige nj for 700 below invoice instead.
gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #5264
evoq007
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 90875
Join Date: Jul 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boxford, Ma
Vehicle:
2013 4dr STi
SWP

Default

Finally graduating from the thread.



Already put 255/40/18 conti DWS on, Accessport in hand, waiting until after break in
evoq007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #5265
trenity8_u_up
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 34673
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Vehicle:
04 STi
Black/Silver/Bronze Rota

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2468101214 View Post
I just called my dealer to make sure that the delivery date is still tomorrow and they told me that they had some cars that were supposed to arrive last Friday just came in today. They also said there were a few that were supposed to come in on Monday that haven't shown up yet. I be pissed if I call tomorrow and its a no show. I don't have the cash to keep paying for a rental car til who knows when...

-#s
Lol!!! I rented a JX35 when I sold my car way to soon... Rented it for 5 weeks @a cost of $950..... Finally got a loaner from my dealer cause I was tired of paying. Ask your dealer for a loaner, they will normally let you have one for a week prior to delivery.
trenity8_u_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #5266
Studmike02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220095
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Prem. Hatch
Satin White Pearl

Default

2013 SWP WRX hatchback is in my mind... just debating on which of the following I should get...

- Limited with Leather and HIDs
- Premium with SPT exhaust
- Premium with Navi/GPS
- Premium with Short thrower/sti lip
- Premiun with nothing haha.

Basically they all cost the same so I'm trying to figure out the best bucks. I heard that the Subaru leather sucks in quality, but HIDs are nice but I can just add my own HIDs later on. Opinions/suggestions?
Studmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #5267
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoq007 View Post
Finally graduating from the thread.

Already put 255/40/18 conti DWS on, Accessport in hand, waiting until after break in
Congrats! Now if you're going to AP it before warranty ends anyway why not just do that now? I know it wont matter much but at least your ECU won't have to learn twice. Well if you do it later at least you'll be able to feel the improvement better.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #5268
Red081
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332591
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan Prem
SWP - 01/08!

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red081 View Post
My ETA is 1/13 and I'm praying it comes in by this Friday or else I have to wait until the 19th to pick it up...
Car came in today! Still need to wait until Saturday before I pick it up...
Red081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #5269
SubieLuvin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248202
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

Am I missing something? I was under the impression hids were factory in the headlights these days in both the wrx and sti. Not seeing an option on the Subaru site for them?
SubieLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #5270
Heebus
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340128
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

I test drove both the WRX and STI sedans with the SPT exhaust and I didn't notice a difference in sound. However, when the car was cold, the droning was really loud. The kind of loud that your neighbors would hate every morning at 7am

By the end of my test drive it was quieter. I didn't like it at all so I ordered mine without it.

My previous car was a 2013 Nissan 370 Nismo. The exhaust was quiet at low RPMs and sounded like a lion roar at 5k. That's how I prefer my exhausts.
Heebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #5271
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieLuvin View Post
Am I missing something? I was under the impression hids were factory in the headlights these days in both the wrx and sti. Not seeing an option on the Subaru site for them?
All STI's come with HID's and only the WRX Limited come with HID's...the Base and premium WRX's come with standard halogens with projectors.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #5272
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Well just got off the phone with SOA and they don't have any further info for me. It looks like all the dealers in California are waiting on a shipment though.

2013 STi Hatch, PBP, Nav, Homelink
Deposit placed: 12/19
VIN: received when I placed deposit on car already in pipeline
Scheduled Date: 1/7
ETA: 1/18...

Also emailed my dealer today about adding SPT and front lip spoiler. No response. Maybe today was his day off.

Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #5273
2468101214
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 287873
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Dayton, OH
Vehicle:
2013 WRB STi

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenity8_u_up View Post
Lol!!! I rented a JX35 when I sold my car way to soon... Rented it for 5 weeks @a cost of $950..... Finally got a loaner from my dealer cause I was tired of paying. Ask your dealer for a loaner, they will normally let you have one for a week prior to delivery.
I tried this when I came back from my deployment and said no. This time though I past their given ETA so hopefully that will change things. I guess I will find out in the next 24 hours.

-#s
2468101214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #5274
Jyu87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342040
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebus View Post

My previous car was a 2013 Nissan 370 Nismo. The exhaust was quiet at low RPMs and sounded like a lion roar at 5k. That's how I prefer my exhausts.
Wow I wanted the 370z so bad before I got my Genesis Coupe. I was so sad that I couldn't get it because of the Tsunami. Really sad about the tragedy but I'm also kinda happy I didn't get it.

Why the sudden change over to the subaru from the Z?
Jyu87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #5275
Djent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335681
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: International
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmike02
2013 SWP WRX hatchback is in my mind... just debating on which of the following I should get...

- Limited with Leather and HIDs
- Premium with SPT exhaust
- Premium with Navi/GPS
- Premium with Short thrower/sti lip
- Premiun with nothing haha.

Basically they all cost the same so I'm trying to figure out the best bucks. I heard that the Subaru leather sucks in quality, but HIDs are nice but I can just add my own HIDs later on. Opinions/suggestions?
If anything get the nav and runner up leather/ hid.
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.