Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday July 11, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
mikey-WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342915
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium 4D
WR Blue Pearl

Arrow 2013 WRX, What Did You Pay?

Hello guys,

I know I am new to this forum but an avid member on 3si for my VR4. A quick rundown, I just sold my second 3000gt and will be buying a WRX '13 fairly soon.

I was curious if you guys can post up some figures so we can all compare to see whats a good dealer price for these cars. This will help me greatly during negotiations. I know this is a personal question, but if you guys can start a small database on what you paid, downpayment (if any), interest rate, how many months (term of contract) and monthly payments - that would be awesome.

Format:

Year: 2013
Type: WRX (4 door / 5 door) - Base, Premium, or Limited
Any Added Accessories: STi short shifter, etc.
Out the door Cost:
DownPayment:
Interest Rate:
Term of Contract: 72 months, 84 months, etc.

Thanks!

Mike
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mikey-WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
Napalm3nema
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 263954
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2014 EVO Yes, EVO
Wicked White

Default

Welcome to the forum.

We all hate these threads because there are too many variables.

If you are happy with what you paid, that's all that matters.

Welcome.

/Thread
Napalm3nema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
mikey-WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342915
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium 4D
WR Blue Pearl

Default

What I know so far is.

Year: 2013
Type: WRX (4 door/WR Blue) - Base
Any Added Accessories: STi short shifter
Out the door Cost:
DownPayment:
Interest Rate: 3.4%
Term of Contract: 84 months
mikey-WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
Napalm3nema
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 263954
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle:
2014 EVO Yes, EVO
Wicked White

Default

84 months? What is it a house-car?
Napalm3nema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
mikey-WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342915
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium 4D
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm3nema View Post
Welcome to the forum.

We all hate these threads because there are too many variables.

If you are happy with what you paid, that's all that matters.

Welcome.

/Thread
Thanks!

Yeah I am trying to keep it basic. I know we can all go into variables so if people want to say around 27,000 or 28,000 thats fine also. Just don't want to walk in blind.
mikey-WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
mikey-WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342915
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium 4D
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm3nema View Post
84 months? What is it a house-car?
LOL.

That is just what they said I can get. Of course I don't want a loan for that long but I don't want a 450+ payment also. I do have a pretty good downpayment so I will have to see the new figures.
mikey-WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
Scoobers
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341693
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Powell, OH
Vehicle:
2013 Subaru
13 WRX SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey-WRX View Post
Thanks!

Yeah I am trying to keep it basic. I know we can all go into variables so if people want to say around 27,000 or 28,000 thats fine also. Just don't want to walk in blind.
Do what I did... go through each page of the 2012/2013 wrx buy thread.

Then go to truecar.com

I trolled this website for a year to get my exact purchase amount. You are going to have to put your work in too
Scoobers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
mikey-WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342915
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium 4D
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobers View Post
Do what I did... go through each page of the 2012/2013 wrx buy thread.

Then go to truecar.com

I trolled this website for a year to get my exact purchase amount. You are going to have to put your work in too
Yeah I got a pretty good idea so far.

The car was like 27,700 which came with a STi shortshifter and homelink system. They gave me a pretty good discount of 2,700 but with tax it pretty much voids that.

So I got offered high 27k.
mikey-WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #9
Jyu87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342040
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

Yeah, truecar is pretty spot on. What I also found useful was AOL cars. They give you every option and how much it is invoice/msrp. After you build your car, go to your dealer and shoot as close to that invoice number as you can. If you order, you should have no problem getting invoice or even better..

This is what I did and i got my car below invoice.
Jyu87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
vision.dynamix
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 139955
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru STI
Black, like my soul.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey-WRX View Post
What I know so far is.

Year: 2013
Type: WRX (4 door/WR Blue) - Base
Any Added Accessories: STi short shifter
Out the door Cost:
DownPayment:
Interest Rate: 3.4%
Term of Contract: 84 months
84 months.

You cant afford the car, bro.
vision.dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
J-hop
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 318428
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision.dynamix View Post
84 months.

You cant afford the car, bro.
man even 72 months is insane, imagine owing on a car for 6 years, by that time it will be getting into the higher mileage.

Ok OP, call me a prick but I hope what I am about to say is a reality check for yourself and many others.

First, if you HAVE to lease or finance a vehicle, that should be the first red flag that you can't afford it. Ok sure, you desparately want the car and have a net to fall back into in case you lose your job so you decide to finance a new car...Fine.

The next red flag should be the term. Again if you absolutely have to finance then if (to afford the payments) you have to increase the term to anything over 36 months this should be a huge red flag. At that point you really need to re-evaluate your personal view of your financial position and focus on your priorities as you absolutely can not afford the car.

There are really only a couple reasons someone should be financing/leasing a vehicle. The first is if you are one of those people that likes to change cars frequently and always wants to be in a new car. Fine, lease the car and be happy (as long as no red flags are present). The second reason would be if you can put the money that you would have used to purchase the vehicle in an investment that will earn you more than the interest rate of the loan adds to your debt.

A good rule of thumb that I use is: Take your NET yearly income (gross doesn't really mean much unless you are tax shadowing using certain investments), and then divide your net income in half. The resulting number is about what you can afford for a vehicle.....

I find a ton of people fall for the financing/leasing trap these companies set by thinking that being able to afford the payments=being able to afford the car, which is absolutely false.
J-hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #12
jim_newton
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 338099
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Pittsburgh
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited 4dr
salt

Default

adjusted price of vehicle: $31,639 (limited + the good addons, no navigation)
- trade in
+TAX
+185 for misc dmv fees

63 months is the longest you can borrow for anyway .. 84 lol. I tried to put mine on the debit card but had to use a check. Keep saving, it's good practice
jim_newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #13
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey-WRX View Post
LOL.

That is just what they said I can get. Of course I don't want a loan for that long but I don't want a 450+ payment also. I do have a pretty good downpayment so I will have to see the new figures.
that should be a pretty big hint that you cannot afford the car.

mikey-WRX is exactly why you see 1-2 year old WRX's for sale for the same price as ordering new.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #14
geronimo81
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 154586
Join Date: Jul 2007
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: San Ramon
Vehicle:
1996 Turbo Outback
9psi on 91 No EM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
I find a ton of people fall for the financing/leasing trap these companies set by thinking that being able to afford the payments=being able to afford the car, which is absolutely false.
I was amazed when I went to buy my first car and none of the salesmen would talk to me about total price after interest! I was telling them that I have x amount of dollars that I want to spend and they kept trying to sell me on the idea of monthly payments. Just because you can afford the payment doesn't mean the car is worth it.

I never understood how people could stand to constantly be paying for something and never own it until it wasn't worth anything near what they had payed
geronimo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
vision.dynamix
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 139955
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru STI
Black, like my soul.

Default

If at any point during the payment term you owe more than the car is worth, you made a **** terrible financial decision.
vision.dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #16
SATSTI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341814
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Vehicle:
2013 STI
DGM

Default

Try Edmunds TMV pricing...or even USAA's auto circle pricing. WRX's are 26-27k and STI's are 38-39k.
SATSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #17
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 97135
Join Date: Sep 2005
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Bothell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo81 View Post
I was amazed when I went to buy my first car and none of the salesmen would talk to me about total price after interest! I was telling them that I have x amount of dollars that I want to spend and they kept trying to sell me on the idea of monthly payments. Just because you can afford the payment doesn't mean the car is worth it.

I never understood how people could stand to constantly be paying for something and never own it until it wasn't worth anything near what they had payed
I've negotiated cars both ways, monthly payments/terms/APR vs total price. You can do either or, but you need to make sure you are keeping your numbers straight and understand how one pieces effects the entire puzzle.

That being said - on your second statement, a car is NEVER going worth what you pay for it unless you buy used and pay cash.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #18
Jyu87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342040
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision.dynamix View Post
If at any point during the payment term you owe more than the car is worth, you made a **** terrible financial decision.
Not one single car new car is a good investment. We are all making horrible financial decisions
Jyu87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #19
GSR2STI
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342219
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: KS
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
DGM

Default

I know its a forum and people will always give there opinions. However the poor guy was just asking what others paid to compare dealer prices and options, not asking if he made a horrible decision. Its his life and his money so if he wants to finance for that long thats up to him.

I agree that is way long for a car loan, but I don't feel like raining on his parade. The good thing is that these hold their values pretty well.
GSR2STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #20
Trunx
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341122
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 wrx
dgm

Default

Got my 2013 base wrx hatchback for $26,818 out the door. Came with the auto dimming mirrors, arm rest ext, and supposedly a short throw shifter. But the shifter has yet to be installed, I'm getting a feeling I may have been lied to didn't get it in writing.
Trunx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #21
mikey-WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342915
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium 4D
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision.dynamix View Post
84 months.

You cant afford the car, bro.
Wow some bro'ness going on in here. I just posted WHAT I can get. That DOESNT mean I will get 84 months.

My VR4 is way more modded and worth more than your cute car.
mikey-WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #22
vision.dynamix
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 139955
Join Date: Feb 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Boston
Vehicle:
2015 Subaru STI
Black, like my soul.

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey-WRX View Post

My VR4 is way more modded and worth more than your cute car.
vision.dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #23
mikey-WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342915
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium 4D
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR2STI View Post
I know its a forum and people will always give there opinions. However the poor guy was just asking what others paid to compare dealer prices and options, not asking if he made a horrible decision. Its his life and his money so if he wants to finance for that long thats up to him.

I agree that is way long for a car loan, but I don't feel like raining on his parade. The good thing is that these hold their values pretty well.
Thanks man.

I come from 3si.org and if people say I CANT afford a car...dont you think i would know that?

Everyone thats bashing me. You guys sound pretty bush league to me. I have a credit score of 763 and almost debt free from school loans. I graduated college with my Bachelors of Science in Business Management and married to a wonderful girl that graduated also from ASU with her Biology major.

I am 28 years old and we bought our first house last year. I am getting a 4 door since we are expecting our first child in June.

We are both college graduates...have our finances in place and we are just looking at our options. I didn't know this place had so many dousche bags.

I wonder how many people here own a STi or WRX and still rent. Talk about poor financial decisions.
mikey-WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #24
mikey-WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342915
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium 4D
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
man even 72 months is insane, imagine owing on a car for 6 years, by that time it will be getting into the higher mileage.

Ok OP, call me a prick but I hope what I am about to say is a reality check for yourself and many others.

First, if you HAVE to lease or finance a vehicle, that should be the first red flag that you can't afford it. Ok sure, you desparately want the car and have a net to fall back into in case you lose your job so you decide to finance a new car...Fine.

The next red flag should be the term. Again if you absolutely have to finance then if (to afford the payments) you have to increase the term to anything over 36 months this should be a huge red flag. At that point you really need to re-evaluate your personal view of your financial position and focus on your priorities as you absolutely can not afford the car.

There are really only a couple reasons someone should be financing/leasing a vehicle. The first is if you are one of those people that likes to change cars frequently and always wants to be in a new car. Fine, lease the car and be happy (as long as no red flags are present). The second reason would be if you can put the money that you would have used to purchase the vehicle in an investment that will earn you more than the interest rate of the loan adds to your debt.

A good rule of thumb that I use is: Take your NET yearly income (gross doesn't really mean much unless you are tax shadowing using certain investments), and then divide your net income in half. The resulting number is about what you can afford for a vehicle.....

I find a ton of people fall for the financing/leasing trap these companies set by thinking that being able to afford the payments=being able to afford the car, which is absolutely false.
Thanks for your opinion. Yes, I can afford the car through your example. I was just listed "84 months" as an option that I have. I don't want to sound like a tool but it seems like I have to BRAG about what I am here for people to lay off my case.

I am 28, college graduate, married, expecting a first child in june, have 2 dogs, own our house, have a new Kia 2010, have a 97 VR4, have a 99 Base Mitsubishi, and so on.

I am not some 18 year old kid trying to get a new car.

Thanks.
mikey-WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #25
mikey-WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342915
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium 4D
WR Blue Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision.dynamix View Post
Yeah exactly lol.

Let's see what your car is then? You want to act like I am some 18 year old kid that is fine. You have no idea WHO I am but you think its fun to bash people on a forum. That is cool too though.

Your the only one looking like an ass in this situation. You have a 02 WRX meaning you can't afford a new car. I, on the other hand, have my college education, married, have my own house, and am a responsible working person who just loves Subaru's and am in a situation where I can get one now.

Why are you making yourself look like such a tool? Other car communities are welcoming but you seem to just be a bitter prick thats probably renting an apartment or something.
mikey-WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.