Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday September 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor Announcements

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #101
NamelessPerformance
NASIOC Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 273281
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2015 DGM WRX
05LGT 13BRZ 14BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiatlux View Post
I just installed the 5" muffled axleback tonight, and it sounds awesome. Great fit and finish and all that.

I did notice that one side hangs lower than the other. Any tips on evening it out?
This is a very easy fix, I'll just post up our tip adjustment information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless Performance
The one adjustment that you have available on your 2011+ Subaru WRX or STi Axleback exhaust is the adjustment of tip height. The holes in the flange on the axleback exhaust are slightly larger than the diameter of the bolts that attach the Axleback exhaust to the midpipe on your car. This means that you can loosen the bolts connecting the Axleback to the Midpipe and adjust the orientation of the Axleback flange relative to the flange on the midpipe. Because the flanges are forward of the main hangers for the Axleback portion of the exhaust, moving the Axleback flange upward relative to the midpipe flange will move the tips downward. If one of your tips is hanging lower than the other, you need to loosen the flange for that side and pull the Axleback flange downward in order to move the tip upward. Often times you'll have one of the tips installed in highest orientation and the other in the lowest orientation, which may require you to move one tip down slightly and the other up slightly in order to level the two tips relative to the bumper.

If you have our midpipe installed as well (for a full Catback configuration), the V-Band connection at the Y of the midpipe may be rotated slightly as well which can cause one tip to hang lower than the other. Again, loosening the V-Band clamp slightly and rotating the Y section to accommodate the direction you want to move the tips is the solution. It is best to do this with the Axleback flanges slightly loose as well so that they will situate into the proper location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmitup View Post
Just play with the bushings. Did you buy any from Nameless? Use a shorter towards rear of car to suck it up closer towards valance etc. You can bend the exhaust hangers too.
No need to ever bend the hangers of the exhaust, all of the adjustment is at the flange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavinRL View Post
How many bushings do you recommend buying to avoid this problem?
Buying the bushings will not affect the fitment of the exhaust, just the amount of movement while driving. That being said, there are 4 bushings in the axleback section, with a 5th being located in the midpipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingRS View Post
The Nameless bushings are the same length as the stock units, they're made of a stiffer material though.
Winner! They are polyurethane, way stiffer than the factory ones.

Quote:
Do you need the nameless ones?

Edit: wrong quote.
Most of our customers will be just fine without buying the exhaust bushings. They are very nice to have, and a great addition to our exhaust. They prevent any exhaust movement because they are so much stiffer than the factory hangers, which allow a fair amount of sway, especially during moments of spirited driving.

If you plan on doing any autox, or road course racing, these are HIGHLY recommended to keep the exhaust from contacting the sides of the rear valance during aggressive acceleration, deceleration, and cornering.

Ryan @ Nameless
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Contact us at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Portland, OR or Seattle, WA?
NamelessPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #102
NamelessPerformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 DGM WRX
05LGT 13BRZ 14BRZ

Hey guys, we just got our new gussets in that are laser cut and engraved, what do you think?

Ryan @ Nameless

Contact us at:

Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #103
vikingRS
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 87098
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
'12 WRX - PBP
'95 STR Miata - Black

Nice! Talk about attention to detail...
vikingRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #104
fiatlux
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 340639
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STi Sedan
WR Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPerformance View Post
This is a very easy fix, I'll just post up our tip adjustment information.

No need to ever bend the hangers of the exhaust, all of the adjustment is at the flange.

Buying the bushings will not affect the fitment of the exhaust, just the amount of movement while driving. That being said, there are 4 bushings in the axleback section, with a 5th being located in the midpipe.

Winner! They are polyurethane, way stiffer than the factory ones.

Most of our customers will be just fine without buying the exhaust bushings. They are very nice to have, and a great addition to our exhaust. They prevent any exhaust movement because they are so much stiffer than the factory hangers, which allow a fair amount of sway, especially during moments of spirited driving.

If you plan on doing any autox, or road course racing, these are HIGHLY recommended to keep the exhaust from contacting the sides of the rear valance during aggressive acceleration, deceleration, and cornering.

Ryan @ Nameless
I gave it another go, but each time I move the flanges into the correct position, they get pulled back into the original position as I tighten them back up. I've tried moving the hangers into various positions on the bushings as well, but no dice. Anything else I can try, like playing with the bushings itself?
fiatlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #105
NamelessPerformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 DGM WRX
05LGT 13BRZ 14BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiatlux View Post
I gave it another go, but each time I move the flanges into the correct position, they get pulled back into the original position as I tighten them back up. I've tried moving the hangers into various positions on the bushings as well, but no dice. Anything else I can try, like playing with the bushings itself?
You have got to make sure they stay in place as you tighten them. Sometimes getting them properly aligned is a two person job. There is a miniscule amount of adjustment that can be had by moving the hangers or bushings, the primary point is the flange. If you purchased exhaust bushings with the exhaust, you could try the auxiliary mounting holes in the center.

Ryan @ Nameless

Contact us at:

Old 01-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #106
dragoryte
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 277733
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 STi 4D
Silver Spark Metallic

Thanks for the reply a couple pages back. I got in on your christmas deal and the items have shipped, so excited and wish they were already here! I ended up getting the 3.5" double wall delete flush w/ valence and 2 bushings.

I am planning to eventually piece it together up to a full TBE. I have noticed in your posts about these exhausts in the past that you suggested the 4" muffled because of the tone. I didnt end up going with that model because I was trying to stay under $500 for the axelback. The reason I went this way was because I noticed that you also offer resonators and mufflers on the midpipe so I figured I would go that route when Im going back for midpipe. I want the sound to be refined in the end, not ear piercing and raspy, just deep sexy rumble. Im not afraid of loud, but I also dont want my car to annoy me with drone as it is my daily driver.

What setup would you suggest on the midpipe to get the above sound? Also am I correct in assuming I should get 3 more bushings when I do get a midpipe?
dragoryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #107
DavinRL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 327860
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

I remember you said the quad 4" tip axleback will be priced the same as the 3.5" double wall flush with valence. Why is this? Will it be possible to just get a single wall with 4" tips to keep the price down?
DavinRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #108
NamelessPerformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 DGM WRX
05LGT 13BRZ 14BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoryte View Post
Thanks for the reply a couple pages back. I got in on your christmas deal and the items have shipped, so excited and wish they were already here! I ended up getting the 3.5" double wall delete flush w/ valence and 2 bushings.

I am planning to eventually piece it together up to a full TBE. I have noticed in your posts about these exhausts in the past that you suggested the 4" muffled because of the tone. I didnt end up going with that model because I was trying to stay under $500 for the axelback. The reason I went this way was because I noticed that you also offer resonators and mufflers on the midpipe so I figured I would go that route when Im going back for midpipe. I want the sound to be refined in the end, not ear piercing and raspy, just deep sexy rumble. Im not afraid of loud, but I also dont want my car to annoy me with drone as it is my daily driver.

What setup would you suggest on the midpipe to get the above sound? Also am I correct in assuming I should get 3 more bushings when I do get a midpipe?
I would say you would be fine with a set of 4" mufflers and a resonator in the midpipe. That combination will remove the sharpness from the exhaust and give it a slightly more refined tone. If you find the muffler deletes to be a bit louder than you were expecting, then I would suggest the 5" mufflers over the 4"

For the bushings, there are 5 total in the exhaust, so if you already purchased 2 of them , 3 more will finish it up.

Also, PM sent.

Quote:
I remember you said the quad 4" tip axleback will be priced the same as the 3.5" double wall flush with valence. Why is this? Will it be possible to just get a single wall with 4" tips to keep the price down?
The reason that they will be around the same price is because the manufacturing time and cost will be roughly the same. The 3.5" single wall tips that we use are an off the shelf variety, if we were to make them in house (which we have looked at) the cost would be roughly the same as our in house double wall tips.

Each set takes approximately 4 hours of fabrication time from start to finish, and that does not include putting the tips on to an exhaust. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our production techniques, and we hope to have a more effective fixture built for all of our in house tips in the coming months.

Ryan @ Nameless

Contact us at:

Old 01-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #109
JACKRBT
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 305990
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rkWRX View Post
I'm having trouble deciding which Nameless Exhaust to go with. I have a 2013 WRX Hatchback, and would like to get a little more rumble from the boxer. Im debating between the Magnaflow or the 5" Muffler. I will be running the stock down and mid pipe. I have heard the sedan SPT exhaust in person and really liked the volume and sound quality. I would like something comparable to the SPT.

I have watched almost every single video I can find with a nameless exhaust system on a hatch and it is making it very difficult to decide. The magnaflow nameless seems like it only adds a very minor volume increase but does not seem dramatic. The few videos I found with the 5" mufflers has a down pipe and mid pipe installed which will add volume. I cant find a video with the 5" muffler and stock down and mid pipe.

What do you think of either one, please help me make the right decision. I would really like something comparable to the SPT sound but I don't want to set off car alarms and wake my neighbors when I come home.

Thanks
I have the same question but the OP got a PM in response. Could you post the answer here by chance? Thanks!
JACKRBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #110
NamelessPerformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 DGM WRX
05LGT 13BRZ 14BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKRBT View Post
I have the same question but the OP got a PM in response. Could you post the answer here by chance? Thanks!
Certainly.

Most of the information that I placed in the PM was taken directly from our product page describing the sound levels in relation to one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPerformance
We now offer 4 different volume levels for the GR Hatch! For comparison purposes we will use a scale of 1-10 for volume, 1 being stock and 10 being no mufflers.
Magnaflow: The quietest option we offer is our old version that uses a Magnaflow muffler, this configuration is very quiet even with a full turboback exhaust. We offer this version with both our 3.5" single wall slash cut tips and our 3" double wall tips in both staggered and non staggered flavors. We also offer this version with our exclusive double wall 3.5" tips both staggered and non-staggered at a $150 premium. This is about a 2 on the scale.
5" Mufflers: This is our new design that uses our in-house mufflers. We build each of these mufflers by hand here in our shop with our usual attention to detail. This "Less Quiet" version uses 2 mufflers that measure 6" long and 5" outer diameter. Despite their small size, these mufflers are extremely effective. We offer this version with our 3.5" single wall slash cut tips in both staggered and non staggered flavors. We also offer this version with our exclusive double wall 3.5" tips both staggered and non-staggered at a $150 premium. This is about a 5 on the scale.
4" Mufflers: This is our new design that uses our in-house mufflers. We build each of these mufflers by hand here in our shop with our usual attention to detail. This "Louder" version uses 2 mufflers that measure 6" long and 4" outer diameter. Despite their small size, these mufflers are extremely effective. The 4" mufflers are louder than the 5" mufflers. We offer this version with our 3.5" single wall slash cut tips in both staggered and non staggered flavors. We also offer this version with our exclusive double wall 3.5" tips both staggered and non-staggered at a $150 premium. This is about a 7 on the scale.
No Mufflers: Finally, the sound of the Sedan Muffler Delete for the hatch! We have had people banging down our door for this since we released the original muffler delete for the sedan. We offer this version with our 3.5" Nonsingle wall We also offer this version with our exclusive double wall 3.5" tips both staggered and non-staggered at a $150 premium. This is a 10 on the scale.
I would recommend either the 5" or the Magnaflow version in either circumstance. If you plan on adding a midpipe and a downpipe later on, I would tend to lean more towards the Magnaflow if you are looking to keep a low volume level.

My personal recommendation is the 5" muffled version. It is a bit louder than the Magnaflow, but still very manageable at idle and at speed.

Feel free to PM me if you still have some questions about it.

Ryan @ Nameless

Contact us at:

Old 01-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #111
yenny
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (6)

Member#: 143116

Is your magnaflow, 5", or 4" axleback closest in loudness to the SPT catback exhaust for the wrx hatch?
yenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #112
NamelessPerformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 DGM WRX
05LGT 13BRZ 14BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenny View Post
Is your magnaflow, 5", or 4" axleback closest in loudness to the SPT catback exhaust for the wrx hatch?
I am sure others will chime in on this, but I would say the Magnaflow version is going to be the closest. The tone is completely different, however.

Ryan @ Nameless.

Contact us at:

Old 01-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #113
NamelessPerformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 DGM WRX
05LGT 13BRZ 14BRZ

Quick heads up in here - We've got some new package deals detailed in a thread over in the vendor classifieds. Hit us up if you're interested - everything from AccessPorts to Kartboy and Whiteline combined with your favorite Nameless Performance products for substantial overall discounts.

Nameless Performance Axleback Pacakges

Jason Griffith
Engineering Director
Nameless Performance, Inc.
sales@namelessperformance.com

Contact us at:

Last edited by NamelessPerformance; 01-18-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #114
WRX2012
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 329725
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Silver

I was wondering if there is any difference in having a muffler on the midpipe rather than on the axle back?
WRX2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #115
NamelessPerformance
NASIOC Vendor

Vehicle:
2015 DGM WRX
05LGT 13BRZ 14BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX2012 View Post
I was wondering if there is any difference in having a muffler on the midpipe rather than on the axle back?
Little to none.

We use the same style mufflers in the midpipe that we do in the axleback, so the sound should be roughly the same. Any difference that would exist would be negligible at best.

Ryan @ Nameless

Contact us at:

Old 02-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #116
jnathan10
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 214153
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
SWP

Any updates/pictures of the quad 4" inch tips? How's the testing going?
jnathan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #117
MtnXfreeride
Scooby Specialist

Member#: 228010
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Prem Hatch
Dark Gray Metalic

Does muffler size affect the tone at all or just volume? IF it affects tone as well.. have you tried mixing a 4 and 5" muffler on an axelback?

IM really having a hard time deciding between a 4" and 5" axelback.. I wish I could have inside/outside comparison sounds from the same car/camera/angles/revs Or just knew someone who had either of them to take a ride and listen.
MtnXfreeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #118
DavinRL
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnathan10 View Post
Any updates/pictures of the quad 4" inch tips? How's the testing going?
This! ^
Can't wait
Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #119
discodan
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (7)

Member#: 227431
Vehicle:
2014 Crosstrek
Desert Khaki

subscribing for GD chassis updates!!!!

Last edited by discodan; 02-11-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling
discodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #120
Chicago77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 214488
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX
Dark Gray Metallic

Are there any gas milage affects with any of the axel backs on an other wise stock 13 hatch exhaust?
Chicago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #121
k757
Scooby Specialist

Member#: 274785
Vehicle:
2014 Ford Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago77 View Post
Are there any gas milage affects with any of the axel backs on an other wise stock 13 hatch exhaust?
yea... your mpg goes down a bunch cause you are on the gas pedal more to hear it purr
k757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #122
dragoryte
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 277733
Vehicle:
2011 STi 4D
Silver Spark Metallic

^ true story. Ive lost about 2mpg on my 11 sti sedan. I was averaging 21. Now i average 19 but i know thats me, not the exhaust. Hopefully that wears off but it just sounds so awesome not to drive it like it was made to be driven lol
dragoryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #123
Bluwrx12
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 333808
Vehicle:
2012 wrx
blue

Hey guys, I need some incite. I have 2012 hatch narrowed down exhaust choices to nameless(heard nothing but great things) stock DP and midpipe as I'm just looking to get a axleback. Deff 3.5 quads. the hard part. 4' or muffler delete! Never heard the delete so how loud bad is it inside the car? Also double wall or single pros and cons? Or just preference?
Bluwrx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #124
DavinRL
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPerformance View Post

Unfortunately we have not gotten the chance to get a fixture built for those tips. In the future, we will be making our tip fixtures with a CNC Mill, just waiting on the concrete to set so we can get the machine all hooked up and ready to rock.

At this point, we are 4-6 weeks from production on the 4" tips for any exhaust.

Ryan @ Nameless
Is there an estimated release date yet for quad 4" tips for 11+ WRX? These were due before February I had thought
Old 03-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #125
pimprezawrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 47807
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Sedan
Satin White Pearl

Bump so I don't have to buy flowmaster dual 4 inch tips and have local redneck at exhaust shop weld me up a muffler delete axle back.

Cmon nameless

Got any pics of the 4 inch tip fitment with sedan flush with valance?
pimprezawrx is offline   Reply With Quote