Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
hendo741
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40834
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA Beach
Vehicle:
2012 Shelby GT500
13 WRX sold/03 EVO sold

Default AP from Perrin

I am getting ready to purchase an access port, and my question if I should buy it from Cobb or Perrin. Will I still have access to all of the Cobb OTS maps as well as the Perrin maps?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
hendo741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
hutch959
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 267463
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

the perrin maps knocked to much in my car
hutch959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
hendo741
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40834
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA Beach
Vehicle:
2012 Shelby GT500
13 WRX sold/03 EVO sold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch959 View Post
the perrin maps knocked to much in my car
What year/model is your car? Do you have any mods.

For others that may read this or want to know, all I've done to my car so far is an Invidia q300 CBE, and I will install a DP next.
hendo741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
HeroCrank
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301089
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MAINE
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5 door
TP stage 2

Default

All of cobbs ots maps are available on their website
HeroCrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
m1r4g3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220476
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Racine
Vehicle:
2--> 06 STI & 12 Leg
WRB & SWP

Default

You can download all Cobb ots maps from their site



Edit: dang yea beat me to it
m1r4g3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
hendo741
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40834
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA Beach
Vehicle:
2012 Shelby GT500
13 WRX sold/03 EVO sold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroCrank View Post
All of cobbs ots maps are available on their website
So it's better to buy from Perrin. The price is the same, and that would give me access to additional maps at the same price. If the Perrin maps end up being to aggressive I can always use the Cobb maps.

Is my reasoning on point?
hendo741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
HeroCrank
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301089
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: MAINE
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5 door
TP stage 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo741 View Post
So it's better to buy from Perrin. The price is the same, and that would give me access to additional maps at the same price. If the Perrin maps end up being to aggressive I can always use the Cobb maps.

Is my reasoning on point?
Your best bet is to PM boston motorsports for their best shipped accessport price. Then go to Eric at torqued performance.com then order whatever map you want for 85 bucks. This will give you a map that is an e tune. You datalog then send logs to Eric, he then makes adjustments to your car personally. This is the best option other than a protune. You will be better off and your car will thank you. Forget about any ots mapping from everyone.
HeroCrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
Ishart
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332001
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nova
Vehicle:
06

Default

I have a 200 dollar off coupon ill sell for 100! Buy my v1 and trade it in!
Ishart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #9
hendo741
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40834
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA Beach
Vehicle:
2012 Shelby GT500
13 WRX sold/03 EVO sold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroCrank View Post

Your best bet is to PM boston motorsports for their best shipped accessport price. Then go to Eric at torqued performance.com then order whatever map you want for 85 bucks. This will give you a map that is an e tune. You datalog then send logs to Eric, he then makes adjustments to your car personally. This is the best option other than a protune. You will be better off and your car will thank you. Forget about any ots mapping from everyone.
Once I go to stage 2 ill hit up TP, but plan on sticking with OTS for stage 1. I will look into Boston motorsports though, thanks.
hendo741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #10
m1r4g3
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220476
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Racine
Vehicle:
2--> 06 STI & 12 Leg
WRB & SWP

Default

if you are going with ots maps and waiting till later, who cares where you get it from. i am running a perrin map right now with no problems
m1r4g3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #11
hendo741
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40834
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA Beach
Vehicle:
2012 Shelby GT500
13 WRX sold/03 EVO sold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1r4g3 View Post
if you are going with ots maps and waiting till later, who cares where you get it from. i am running a perrin map right now with no problems
Just wanted to verify that an AP ordered from Perrin will still have all the Cobb maps on it as well.
hendo741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo741 View Post
Just wanted to verify that an AP ordered from Perrin will still have all the Cobb maps on it as well.
You will want to contact Perrin to see if they replace or add to the maps on the device. Really, it doesn't matter as you can download any of our OTS maps for your car from the maps section at cobbtuning.com. You then use the AccessPORT Manager software to transfer any of those downloaded maps to your AccessPORT.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
hutch959
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 267463
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo741 View Post
What year/model is your car? Do you have any mods.

For others that may read this or want to know, all I've done to my car so far is an Invidia q300 CBE, and I will install a DP next.
2012 sti. at the time i was stage 1. no modes except the AP
hutch959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #14
hendo741
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 40834
Join Date: Jul 2003
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: VA Beach
Vehicle:
2012 Shelby GT500
13 WRX sold/03 EVO sold

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
You will want to contact Perrin to see if they replace or add to the maps on the device. Really, it doesn't matter as you can download any of our OTS maps for your car from the maps section at cobbtuning.com. You then use the AccessPORT Manager software to transfer any of those downloaded maps to your AccessPORT.

Bill
Great. Thanks Bill.

Next question about the AP. Is it possible to install it on a vehicle without flashing a new map. I wanted to do a few stock data logs to make sure everything is running right before I flashed a stage 1 map.

Also, does a different air filter such as the Perrin drop in filter affect the OTS tunes? The map info on the Cobb website for stock air box also states stock filter. Is this an issue, or is the Perrin custom map the only one that I should run??
hendo741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #15
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo741 View Post
Great. Thanks Bill.

Next question about the AP. Is it possible to install it on a vehicle without flashing a new map. I wanted to do a few stock data logs to make sure everything is running right before I flashed a stage 1 map.

Also, does a different air filter such as the Perrin drop in filter affect the OTS tunes? The map info on the Cobb website for stock air box also states stock filter. Is this an issue, or is the Perrin custom map the only one that I should run??
You can download the "installed stock mode" map from the maps section at cobbtuning.com and then use the AccessPORT Manager software to transfer the map from your computer to the AccessPORT. This will allow you to select it on install or you can reflash it later if you've already installed one of the performance maps. The "installed stock mode" map will run the stock tune while the AccessPORT is installed (allowing you to data log with stock tune).

In theory, an aftermarket panel filter could require tweaks to MAF calibration, but usually is not a concern (and certainly not to the level of using an unsupported intake with a particular map). We test with the stock panel filter for our stock intake maps and have not done any extensive testing with aftermarket panel filters to be able to say, for sure, one way or another.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
quoiasdaddy
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 147711
Join Date: Apr 2007
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Billings,MT
Vehicle:
2002 WRX/Stg 2
PSM

Default

I've had a Perrin drop in filter for years and it hasn't affected anything as far as how it runs. I have 143k on my car now and put the filter in around 80k. No problems here! My car is on a Stg2 OTS Cobb tune.
quoiasdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.