Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday December 29, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
mike.bryan.94
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 331884
Default i need help with my accessport

ok, i have a 04 sti with a perrin intake, mbc, fmic, and a whole bunch of other mods. i understand that the accessport only wants you to have a stock intake or the cobb sf intake. can i work my way around that? also i read that your not supposed to have a mbc when tuning through the accessport. help please

-thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mike.bryan.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
big_scoggs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 206090

Oh god get ready lol
big_scoggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
wildt267
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 161812
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
06 Wrx STi
CGM

Yes there is. Tune it. Get it to a legit tuner. Pay the $500 and enjoy good drivability, acceptable fuel mileage and a fun car. Or you can kiss your ringlands good bye. In the long run it will just be easier to do it right, do it once and just enjoy your car.
wildt267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.bryan.94 View Post
ok, i have a 04 sti with a perrin intake, mbc, fmic, and a whole bunch of other mods. i understand that the accessport only wants you to have a stock intake or the cobb sf intake. can i work my way around that? also i read that your not supposed to have a mbc when tuning through the accessport. help please

-thanks
In order to use the off-the-shelf (OTS) maps we have designed for this car and the AccessPORT, you must use either the stock or Cobb SF intake. Using any other intake could potentially cause load errors, which would cause problems with fueling and timing (with potential engine damage). You must also use the factory boost control set-up, which would require removing the MBC, restoring the factory boost control solenoid set-up and factory restricter pill. More details about the boost control system here:
http://www.cobbtuning.com/Technical-...es-s/70674.htm

You can, however, get a custom tune through a protuner or e-tuner for the AccessPORT for you existing mods. This is where a tuner would create and revise a custom map for your car that you could use. A list of tuners that tune for the AccessPORT can be found here:
http://www.cobbtuning.com/Dealer-Ret...or-s/70471.htm

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
mike.bryan.94
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 331884

thanks for the information everybody. i am just going to go see a professional tuner and go from there
mike.bryan.94 is offline   Reply With Quote