Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday August 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #5676
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyturkey716 View Post
A lot of dealers will give the options out for invoice or slightly higher. If there is something you really want negotiate getting invoice for the accessories unless its something you can install yourself later. Usually you can get the parts cheaper from parts department if the sales man isn;t willing to negotiate on the deal.
^^ What he said, sometimes you can also get them at cost AND free instillation but that's somewhat hit or miss and depends on the dealer.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #5677
YeahImThatGuy
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342266
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Freehold, New Jersey
Vehicle:
2013 Wrx Sedan
SWP

Default

Call with my first eta on my 2013 wrx sedan. End of february.

Ordered: 12/22
Vin: -
Eta: End of february

Guess i can expect that or march
YeahImThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #5678
digitizedsoul
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334780
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Atlanta
Vehicle:
2013 STi Limited 4dr
Crystal Black Silica

Default

VOLANS LEADER tied up around 8pm (i was off by one hour)

My car is probably already unloaded by now.

Now it's time to see how long delivery to dealership takes.
I would say they aren't working the port facility on the weekend, and monday is MLK day which is technically a national holiday not sure if SOA honors it or not, so i'm going to guess tuesday will be the day for port installed options.

It MIGHT ship rail by Wednesday but that's probably a stretch, i'd say Thursday it will leave port and probably 5 days later hit the dealership. 5 is a bit much actually lets give it 7
digitizedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #5679
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDturboFTW View Post
is everyone paying below invoice?
I paid invoice for mine.

Btw whoever said the SPT exhaust quiets down as you break it in was definitely right. I'm at 300 miles now, just drove from LA to Palm Springs for the weekend and it was noticeably quieter than last night. Maybe I'm just getting used to it but either way it's all good.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #5680
kyletakahero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 185030
Join Date: Jul 2008
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Location: Anchorage, AK
Vehicle:
2003

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkNdrublic04 View Post

I think I saw one for an extended arm rest on rally sport direct.

So you have the standard Subaru extended one or the JDM one with the extra console on top? Can you take some pics of it please?
I have the JDM one, like the one in the link.
The STis come stock with a lid that's already wrapped with leather and red stitching. What I'm looking for is the usdm extended armrest to put replace my lid that will fit on top if the JDM console box.
I'll get pics in a moment.
kyletakahero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #5681
a3ng25
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341599
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Rockville, MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Base
Black

Default

for those in the DMV... Lakeforest Subaru in Gaithersburg MD was EXCELLENT to deal with. Go in and find William Ashby (salesman) and Kevin Engle (manager). Ashby was nothing but helpful and I truly believe Engle was looking out for me and not trying to squeeze me for $s.

Alexandria Subaru wouldn't discount at all. Kevin gave me a deal and found me a WRX in about three weeks.
Ordered, he told me to check in every two weeks, and the first time I did he found one for dealer swap...got it to me a week later (other dealer gave the run around).

I know this is the wrx/sti thread, but they had brz's coming in too. They had four, that I saw, come and go in the time I was dealing with them.

Lakeforest Subaru, William Ashby, Kevin Engle
a3ng25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #5682
WideBody
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329797
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
13 FR-S

Default

Does it still matter if you order from a smaller versus a larger dealership? I was offered an excellent deal at a smaller volume dealership that is the highest rated one my area and I'm just wondering if I order from them that they'll never get an allocation for my car and I'll be placed onto the endless waiting list. I'm just not sure if I should go with a smaller volume dealer that's right down the road from me versus driving 100+ miles to a high volume one that might be able to get me a car faster.

Also, is the navigation in the WRX/STi the same as the one they put in the BRZ? I found that one to relatively sluggish when I played around with it so I'm really debating on whether or not to go with the navigation or not. I'm guessing I'd be better off going with an aftermarket one if it's the same system that's in the BRZ.
WideBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:14 AM   #5683
hyung215
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273429
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Vehicle:
13 WRX STI
SWP

Default

i picked up my 13 sti limited for about 300-350 under invoice.

It was simple and easy BUT you have to be patient and wait for the right moment to snatch it right away. Why? because I could've picked up my car for 800 under invoice a week before I picked up my car,,,,, if i wasn't trying to go find other dealers that can beat 800 under invoice for so long....

I'm not 100% right but here is what I can suggest. it looks like ppl that paid under invoice varied from about 100-2000. so go into a dealer and start from like 3000 under invoice and see if they can do match it or ask for the best price they can offer.

if you're not sure or can't commit to the price, give them your number and tell them to call you if they can give you the price you want. (desperate salesman will def. call)

it's simple as that. tell them if they can match the price you want, tell them to at least beat other dealers price. If not, walk out again.

It can take days jumping from dealer to another but thats what you gotta do if you wanna save some "MODDING" money into your piggybank =]
hyung215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #5684
AWDturboFTW
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343483
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Albany, NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung215 View Post
i picked up my 13 sti limited for about 300-350 under invoice.

It was simple and easy BUT you have to be patient and wait for the right moment to snatch it right away. Why? because I could've picked up my car for 800 under invoice a week before I picked up my car,,,,, if i wasn't trying to go find other dealers that can beat 800 under invoice for so long....

I'm not 100% right but here is what I can suggest. it looks like ppl that paid under invoice varied from about 100-2000. so go into a dealer and start from like 3000 under invoice and see if they can do match it or ask for the best price they can offer.

if you're not sure or can't commit to the price, give them your number and tell them to call you if they can give you the price you want. (desperate salesman will def. call)

it's simple as that. tell them if they can match the price you want, tell them to at least beat other dealers price. If not, walk out again.

It can take days jumping from dealer to another but thats what you gotta do if you wanna save some "MODDING" money into your piggybank =]
Sounds like emailing is def. the way to go in the begining.
AWDturboFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #5685
va_brent
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344084
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default New to NASIOC & Thread

Hi folks,

My name is Brent, and I am an alcoholic... Wait, wrong group!

Been lurking here for a few weeks, love the site! The support shown to fellow enthusiasts during the loooong waits has pulled me in. Glad to see so many finally received their rides.

But now my wait begins...

I ordered a Silver STI Limited on 1/12/13 from Perry Subaru in Virginia Beach with a $500 deposit. I went with the SPT exhaust, NAVI, front spoiler, and subwoofer. Dealer was honest about the wait times telling me to expect four months.

So here I am, 1 week down, 16+ to go...

Brent
va_brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #5686
royalnewjersey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250954
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahImThatGuy View Post
Call with my first eta on my 2013 wrx sedan. End of february.

Ordered: 12/22
Vin: -
Eta: End of february

Guess i can expect that or march

Lucky. I ordered mine 1 day earlier and was told April. You must have gotten lucky, and ordered the exact config of a car already inbound or something.
royalnewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #5687
sparkykw
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342787
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Southwestern PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX-4dr ordered
PBP

Default

[quote=WideBody;38945451]Does it still matter if you order from a smaller versus a larger dealership? I was offered an excellent deal at a smaller volume dealership that is the highest rated one my area and I'm just wondering if I order from them that they'll never get an allocation for my car and I'll be placed onto the endless waiting list. I'm just not sure if I should go with a smaller volume dealer that's right down the road from me versus driving 100+ miles to a high volume one that might be able to get me a car faster.

I ordered my car Nov. 5 and I still have no allocation or ETA. The wait is very frustrating. If I had it to do over again, I would expand my search of dealerships that have the car you want in stock, or at least something close enough that you can live with it. Call them and make a deal and drive there and buy it. It may be a long day's trip to get it but at least you won't have to go through what everyone else is on this thread. For custom orders, I don't think it matters how large the dealership is, but rather the volume of WRXs is that they sell. If a dealer has say more than a dozen WRXs in stock chances are they get priority treatment from Subaru for a special order.
sparkykw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #5688
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDturboFTW View Post
Sounds like emailing is def. the way to go in the begining.
yeah, ive got a meeting monday with a lawyer. depending on how that goes im going to be emailing all the dealers close to me to see what they can do.
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #5689
matt15
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 297133
Join Date: Oct 2011
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

I did everything up to the point of signing and driving away via email. I'm in Canada so I priced out a WRX from the US (way cheaper), calculated how much it would cost me with duty and everything and then spammed all the dealers in my province to see who could beat it. Then I took the ones that responded and emailed their competitors to get it lower. In the end i saved just under $4k. Obviously you Americans already have the cheaper pricing but it may be effective to use the same kind of strategy as I found it really effective. Just something to consider
matt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #5690
Llama_
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341041
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3ng25
for those in the DMV... Lakeforest Subaru in Gaithersburg MD was EXCELLENT to deal with. Go in and find William Ashby (salesman) and Kevin Engle (manager). Ashby was nothing but helpful and I truly believe Engle was looking out for me and not trying to squeeze me for $s.

Alexandria Subaru wouldn't discount at all. Kevin gave me a deal and found me a WRX in about three weeks.
Ordered, he told me to check in every two weeks, and the first time I did he found one for dealer swap...got it to me a week later (other dealer gave the run around).

I know this is the wrx/sti thread, but they had brz's coming in too. They had four, that I saw, come and go in the time I was dealing with them.

Lakeforest Subaru, William Ashby, Kevin Engle
Fitzgerald subaru is excellent as well. Really top notch staff and the financial manager was very friendly. He never pressured me to buy or tried to pull a fast one.
Llama_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #5691
Llama_
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341041
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung215

It can take days jumping from dealer to another
Or weeks
Llama_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #5692
WideBody
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329797
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
13 FR-S

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkykw View Post
I ordered my car Nov. 5 and I still have no allocation or ETA. The wait is very frustrating. If I had it to do over again, I would expand my search of dealerships that have the car you want in stock, or at least something close enough that you can live with it. Call them and make a deal and drive there and buy it. It may be a long day's trip to get it but at least you won't have to go through what everyone else is on this thread. For custom orders, I don't think it matters how large the dealership is, but rather the volume of WRXs is that they sell. If a dealer has say more than a dozen WRXs in stock chances are they get priority treatment from Subaru for a special order.
Well, there aren't any dealerships in the wonderful state of NJ that have a bunch of WRXs on the lots. Most have only have 1 or maybe 2 in stock and are marked up ~5 grand. Forget getting a STi though, there aren't any of those on the lots.

I guess I'll just order it at this dealership since they have great ratings on here and elsewhere and hope that I'll get my car before Summer.
WideBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #5693
rltwJSANe
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325404
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Toms River, NJ
Vehicle:
2013 STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltwJSANe View Post
I just put in my order for my first Subaru at 25 years of age!

2013 5dr SWP STi
No Options
Cityside Subaru ftw (Making the trip to MA from NJ since all my area dealers were highballing me)

Now when will it get here!?!?!
So as a quick update as I got a call from my dealer:
Order placed;:1/5/13
Car expected: 2/15/13?!?

My dealer called and said that days after my order the allocation report indicated that a car matching my order was allocated to them... 4 weeks ETA...!!

Does this add up? Based on everyone elses nightmare stories, I am keeping my expectations low but the suspense is killing me!!
rltwJSANe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #5694
rltwJSANe
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325404
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Toms River, NJ
Vehicle:
2013 STi
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WideBody View Post
Well, there aren't any dealerships in the wonderful state of NJ that have a bunch of WRXs on the lots. Most have only have 1 or maybe 2 in stock and are marked up ~5 grand. Forget getting a STi though, there aren't any of those on the lots.

I guess I'll just order it at this dealership since they have great ratings on here and elsewhere and hope that I'll get my car before Summer.
I am from NJ and yes, I got stuck like you.

I ended up ordering an STi for invoice from Cityside Subaru in Belmont (Boston area), MA!!

Dont give up
rltwJSANe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #5695
Litt
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 132665
Join Date: Nov 2006
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SoJo, Utah
Vehicle:
2013 STi LTD
WRB

Default

Update:

WRB STi Limited no Nav
Order: 11/17/12
VON: 11/17/12
VIN: 1/19/13
ETA: 2/4/13

I ordered from a medium sized dealership but they have only ever had at most 2 WRX's on the lot. Car is arriving sooner than expected.
Litt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #5696
sketcheroo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339856
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium
Satin White Pearl

Default

Just got an e-mail from my dealer.

Order: 11/28/2012
VON: 11/28/2012
Allocation: 201303
VIN:1/19/2013
ETA: 2/11/2013

He also told me that cars have been coming in quicker than scheduled
sketcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #5697
royalnewjersey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250954
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketcheroo View Post
Just got an e-mail from my dealer.

Order: 11/28/2012
VON: 11/28/2012
Allocation: 201303
VIN:1/19/2013
ETA: 2/11/2013

He also told me that cars have been coming in quicker than scheduled
Let's hope that's true... I'm not a very patient person when it comes to ordering things.
royalnewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #5698
WideBody
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 329797
Join Date: Aug 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NJ
Vehicle:
13 FR-S

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltwJSANe View Post
I am from NJ and yes, I got stuck like you.

I ended up ordering an STi for invoice from Cityside Subaru in Belmont (Boston area), MA!!

Dont give up
I found a similar deal relatively close to me so luckily I wont have to go out of state and deal with that mess. It's really astonishing how few of these cars exist in this area, you'd think that the Tri-State would get large amounts of these cars, but that's just not the case.
WideBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #5699
sketcheroo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339856
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WideBody View Post
I found a similar deal relatively close to me so luckily I wont have to go out of state and deal with that mess. It's really astonishing how few of these cars exist in this area, you'd think that the Tri-State would get large amounts of these cars, but that's just not the case.
It's probably more that the cars sell so quickly off the lot it looks like there aren't large amounts of cars coming into the area.
sketcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #5700
sparkykw
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342787
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Southwestern PA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX-4dr ordered
PBP

Default Order update

PBP WRX 4-door, SPT exhaust, auto dim mirror, fog lights.
Ordered: 11/05/12
VIN: 1/17/13
ETA: 2/22/13

I finally have a VIN!

If it comes in on time, arrival will be 15 1/2 weeks from the order date.
sparkykw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.