Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday November 27, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #5826
Speeddemon420
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334964
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: DFW Texas
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icantu View Post
I ordered mine from there a week before you did!
Damn yall are lucky. I ordered 9/29 and got the same eta. the wait has been a struggle to say the least.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Speeddemon420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #5827
sketcheroo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339856
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium
Satin White Pearl

Default

Looks like a lot of us are going to graduate in early Feb
sketcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:23 AM   #5828
Icantu
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341710
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Denton, Tx
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Satin White Pearl

Default

^^ so excited! It'll be an early birthday present to myself! I turn 21 on 2/24!
Icantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:31 AM   #5829
Llama_
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341041
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi hatch
SWP

Default

Just went out for a cruise. I ****in love this car. Love the mechanical noise of this car when you stomp on the throttle. Sounds so raw and powerful! You guys who are waiting, your patients will be GREATLY rewarded.
Llama_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 AM   #5830
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_ View Post
Just went out for a cruise. I ****in love this car. Love the mechanical noise of this car when you stomp on the throttle. Sounds so raw and powerful! You guys who are waiting, your patients will be GREATLY rewarded.
I know its going to be worth it...but this wait is KILLING me lol.
punkNdrublic04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 AM   #5831
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_ View Post
Just went out for a cruise. I ****in love this car. Love the mechanical noise of this car when you stomp on the throttle. Sounds so raw and powerful! You guys who are waiting, your patients will be GREATLY rewarded.
Me too
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:56 AM   #5832
hyung215
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273429
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Vehicle:
13 WRX STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
Damn I love this car. Break in period officially over (5 days, is that a new record?), although I was pretty liberal with it to be honest. I kept it under 4k in 1st and 2nd, but definitely got up to 5k or so in the higher gears. I launched it a couple of times tonight for the first time. That is definitely going to take some practice to master, as is the 1st-2nd shift. The turbo lag is pretty noticeable there unless you slip the clutch a bit. I'll go Stage 1 in a few weeks and I'm sure that will help quite a bit.

The car is also very forgiving if you make mistakes. I did some nighttime driving through the twisties and could have gotten in trouble a couple of times, only to find I was FAR from the limits of what she could do and with a little flick of the wheel I was right back on my driving line. Some of the review mags complain the steering is too light, and I tend to agree with them if you are talking about high speed, sweeping turns (think onramp) but for the tighter stuff it's really nice and aids in making quick corrections.

A few notes that might help people considering what options to order:

PBP - The color is friggin sick. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. I might start calling it Taj Mahal Blue because it looks different at different times of the day. It's definitely right in the middle of blue and purple, and it's really deep. I can't wait to get my windows tinted because I know it's going to make the whole car pop that much more.

Nav - Definitely love this. The nav itself is decent, but the total package makes it worth it. I love the sat radio and bluetooth audio, and the stereo sounds much better than the stock head unit in my Outback Sport. The voice activated guidance is painful though, and that's the biggest downside compared to the Garmin. The regular search features are nice, especially being able to enter addresses using the zip code. That makes it so you only have to type in 2, 3 letters max to get your street, which is a big plus over the Garmin where I feel like I usually have to type out the entire street. Overall I'm very happy with it and would recommend getting it to anyone on the fence, even if it means an extra week or two wait (I'm not sure that's true about the wait anymore though).

SPT Exhaust - Was a little loud for my taste at the beginning, but it's settled down nicely as the car breaks in. Also definitely louder on a cold start than after the car warms up. Somehow I feel like the car would be incomplete without it. It just sounds... awesome.

DCCD - Kind of a WRX vx STi thing here. I use it, but honestly probably am not driving hard enough to tell the difference. I had it in the lowest setting and went into a 15mph chicane entering a rest area at around 40 and the backend slid out ever so slightly, which I liked. I guess I'd have to really do the same thing in different settings to feel the difference.

Anyway, on to the pics. Tint and full clay/polish/wax coming either this weekend or next, then I'll take some with a real camera and post in one of the other threads. But until then:

Break in over!


All cleaned up and ready to play.


Anybody need an Outback Sport?
dude, is this the last hatchback STI they had at Irvine Subaru last week? I think I saw this car parked in front of the dealer when I went down there on the 12th or 13th to buy my swp sti.

Anyways, it looks great!!!
hyung215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 AM   #5833
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung215 View Post
dude, is this the last hatchback STI they had at Irvine Subaru last week? I think I saw this car parked in front of the dealer when I went down there on the 12th or 13th to buy my swp sti.

Anyways, it looks great!!!
Yep, that's her.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:30 AM   #5834
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

well, ended up not ordering my wrx today. called another dealer before i went up there. and he said he can do 29,990.00 and then after he told me that, he said he could do even better than that when i drove down (this dealership is 1.5 hours away as opposed to 30 mins for the other) plus its only $500 deposit, and the doc fee is about 500 less(supposedly) im going to email the one closer to me and see if they can beat that deal. so far the plan is to drive to the further away one and order the car monday.
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #5835
Molas
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 309163
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CT/Poland
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Premium/Nav
SWP

Default

That's the way to do it, don't let them take your money let them work for it. I went to 4 different dealers before 1 gave me the price I wanted to pay. Some salespersons told me that I'm crazy asking some much off the sticker price.



Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
well, ended up not ordering my wrx today. called another dealer before i went up there. and he said he can do 29,990.00 and then after he told me that, he said he could do even better than that when i drove down (this dealership is 1.5 hours away as opposed to 30 mins for the other) plus its only $500 deposit, and the doc fee is about 500 less(supposedly) im going to email the one closer to me and see if they can beat that deal. so far the plan is to drive to the further away one and order the car monday.
Molas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #5836
matticus24
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 172111
Join Date: Feb 2008
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Oregon
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sport Wagon
/ 2013 STi Limited

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_Mafia View Post
Seems like the average wait is about 3 months. when I ordered my WRX a couple of weeks ago and got my VON, my paper work said May as the ETA. But I'm guessing April which is fine with me.
I ordered mine yesterday and they said May. Hopefully you're right and it's April but, probably not since I'm a few weeks later than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icantu View Post
^^ so excited! It'll be an early birthday present to myself! I turn 21 on 2/24!
Wish I was getting mine in February! Mines the 22nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molas View Post
That's the way to do it, don't let them take your money let them work for it. I went to 4 different dealers before 1 gave me the price I wanted to pay. Some salespersons told me that I'm crazy asking some much off the sticker price.
The first dealer I went to gave me below truecar value and gives me dealership cost on parts and labor ($72 instead of $105) for anything I buy on the car.

Any suggestions on what shoes to get my white sti? I was thinking bronze.
matticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #5837
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
well, ended up not ordering my wrx today. called another dealer before i went up there. and he said he can do 29,990.00 and then after he told me that, he said he could do even better than that when i drove down (this dealership is 1.5 hours away as opposed to 30 mins for the other) plus its only $500 deposit, and the doc fee is about 500 less(supposedly) im going to email the one closer to me and see if they can beat that deal. so far the plan is to drive to the further away one and order the car monday.
Do you have to go in to place your order? I did everything over email and just called to give them my cc for deposit.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #5838
SubieLuvin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248202
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post

Do you have to go in to place your order? I did everything over email and just called to give them my cc for deposit.
Yeah usually you can do it over the phone. My dealer offered me that but id personally rather have a meet n greet with the guy that's gunna be updating me on my baby and making sure no tire shines applied, no front plate drilling, etc. . Haha
SubieLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #5839
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieLuvin View Post
Yeah usually you can do it over the phone. My dealer offered me that but id personally rather have a meet n greet with the guy that's gunna be updating me on my baby and making sure no tire shines applied, no front plate drilling, etc. . Haha
main reason i didnt even ask for that lol.

here is the email i got from my more local salesman, the price is prob right where the other dealership would get me too, which is right around true market value(edmunds) so i think its a fair deal, will still pay a few hundred more in doc fees. im just not sure on the allocation deal and whats true in that. the other dealer said they can get it in 6-8 weeks as opposed to 8-10 (they just gone one in that someone ordered and they said they ordered it 8 weeks prior)

"Let me lay out what I can do, and what I can get.

First, WRX orders are allocated to dealers based on thier WRX sales. Due to thier low volume it would surprise me if Montgomery could get you a car before the end of the year. We have several certifed techs and one Master Tech with over 25 years experience that Montgomery can't touch.

We are willing to place an order with a $500 deposit, will discount the car $1000, and can get you a vehicle as quick as anyone. Note that all Jim Burke transactions get Free Oil Changes for Life, from our dealership not from Subaru. Our Doc fee is $688 and as I am sure you are aware, is not waivable or modifiable by Alabama statute."


im open to suggestions and experiences, thanks for any input.
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #5840
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
main reason i didnt even ask for that lol.

here is the email i got from my more local salesman, the price is prob right where the other dealership would get me too, which is right around true market value(edmunds) so i think its a fair deal, will still pay a few hundred more in doc fees. im just not sure on the allocation deal and whats true in that. the other dealer said they can get it in 6-8 weeks as opposed to 8-10 (they just gone one in that someone ordered and they said they ordered it 8 weeks prior)

"Let me lay out what I can do, and what I can get.

First, WRX orders are allocated to dealers based on thier WRX sales. Due to thier low volume it would surprise me if Montgomery could get you a car before the end of the year. We have several certifed techs and one Master Tech with over 25 years experience that Montgomery can't touch.

We are willing to place an order with a $500 deposit, will discount the car $1000, and can get you a vehicle as quick as anyone. Note that all Jim Burke transactions get Free Oil Changes for Life, from our dealership not from Subaru. Our Doc fee is $688 and as I am sure you are aware, is not waivable or modifiable by Alabama statute."


im open to suggestions and experiences, thanks for any input.
They both seem to have pretty paltry allocations to be honest (looking at their inventory online), so I wouldn't be surprised if you end up waiting longer than 10 weeks with either dealership.

I still think invoice is the fair price though, not true market value. The car never sits on their lot, they get a guaranteed sale, and still make 4%, not to mention getting more WRX allocation. At this point you've got 2 dealers that are offering you a pretty similar deal, call one of them up and say "invoice and we have a deal". It sounds like these guys are pretty competitive (they are salesmen after all) and know you are talking to both dealers so they aren't going to want to lose your business. The key is knowing, and letting them know, that invoice actually IS a fair price.

Free oil changes is a nice perk and would definitely factor into my decision.

Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #5841
hyung215
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273429
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Vehicle:
13 WRX STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
Yep, that's her.
enjoy~ i still have 700miles to go

btw did irvine give you a free first oil change? i'm wondering if they offered that to anybody.
hyung215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #5842
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

free oil changes does look nice...i usually change all my oil after 10k with synthetic oil. and i really dont like others driving my car lol. but id say the free oil changes easily make up for the Doc fees. and its something that the other dealership cant offer because they are further away.

like i said the one closest actually had one there that was being picked up after 8 weeks of waiting (unless he was lying to me of course)

thanks for the input, ill be emailing the other one back and see if they can beat it
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #5843
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRB13WRX View Post
free oil changes does look nice...i usually change all my oil after 10k with synthetic oil. and i really dont like others driving my car lol. but id say the free oil changes easily make up for the Doc fees. and its something that the other dealership cant offer because they are further away.

like i said the one closest actually had one there that was being picked up after 8 weeks of waiting (unless he was lying to me of course)

thanks for the input, ill be emailing the other one back and see if they can beat it
Don't know about the WRX, but in the STi you're supposed to use synthetic from day 1.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #5844
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung215 View Post
enjoy~ i still have 700miles to go

btw did irvine give you a free first oil change? i'm wondering if they offered that to anybody.
Yeah they offered free scheduled maintenance for 2 years actually. But I live in the Bay Area so I won't be able to take them up on that.

They said that was standard at their dealership. Who did you work with there?
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #5845
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung215 View Post
enjoy~ i still have 700miles to go

btw did irvine give you a free first oil change? i'm wondering if they offered that to anybody.
That's a Subaru offer not dealer specific. Well at least that's what my salesman told me. Every Subaru dealers around here do give free first oil change.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #5846
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
Don't know about the WRX, but in the STi you're supposed to use synthetic from day 1.
i guess i wont know that one until i get my owners manual. im coming from a civic.
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #5847
sparky840
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344185
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: syacuse
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI Sedan
WRB

Default

Started shopping around yesterday in CNY, the best price I got was about 33600 for a base sti, is it a good deal?
sparky840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #5848
WRB13WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341786
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Birmingham, AL
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Ltd. Hatch
SWP

Default

wonder if i can talk them into giving me dealer cost for accessories maybe if they wont go invoice...hmm
WRB13WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #5849
super_subie
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 344431
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Black

Default

im in the process of looking to order a wrx or sti as well, its good to know what some of you guys paid...though it may vary its good to have a base to go off of
super_subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #5850
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_subie View Post
im in the process of looking to order a wrx or sti as well, its good to know what some of you guys paid...though it may vary its good to have a base to go off of
You're in the Bay Area so you're set. Shouldn't pay a dime over invoice as there are some pretty big dealers around here. Start with Serramonte and Carlsen and go from there. Both offered me invoice and I only ended up going down to Irvine for mine because they had exactly what I wanted already in transit.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.