Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday September 30, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #7301
subsf
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337710
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area, California
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Blue Ridge Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckls View Post
What makes you say that Greg? There are plenty of turbo'd J-bodies.
Turbochargers may add horsepower, but never intelligence. Just food for thought!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
subsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #7302
gregroot198521
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280844
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: hEll Paso
Vehicle:
2006 STi
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckls View Post
What makes you say that Greg? There are plenty of turbo'd J-bodies.
See below. This gentleman answered quite well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsf View Post
Turbochargers may add horsepower, but never intelligence. Just food for thought!
gregroot198521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:15 AM   #7303
Chuckls
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280696
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Kentuckiana
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
OBP

Default

I set myself up for that one.

What I meant was...There are plenty of PROPERLY FI'd J-bodies still running amuck, granted...not enough to offset the idiots who you are referring to.

I guess I was just lucky enough to HAVE intelligence when I boosted mine in Highschool.
Chuckls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:56 AM   #7304
subsf
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 337710
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area, California
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Blue Ridge Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckls View Post
I set myself up for that one.

What I meant was...There are plenty of PROPERLY FI'd J-bodies still running amuck, granted...not enough to offset the idiots who you are referring to.

I guess I was just lucky enough to HAVE intelligence when I boosted mine in Highschool.
Then we aren't talking about you, fortunately.
Carry on, good sir.
subsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #7305
drewvdw
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 255776
Join Date: Aug 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Laramie, WY
Vehicle:
2010 LR WRX
MPS powered.

Default

I am happy, I have had zero stupid comments or anything about my car since I got it back. I did have one person comment on my license plate (SUBADRU) but that was it. I'm really enjoying the sleeper look
drewvdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #7306
Gam30vR
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289486
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Yakima
Vehicle:
03 WRX
WRB

Default

A couple friends and I are leaving the bar. We are about to my car when a senior when we were freshmen comes running up and asks for a ride (havent seen him in years) I said yes, he jumps in. I start driving, as im getting up to my shift point (3 grandish) I start hearing him "O o o ooooooooohhh yeah" after he "finishes" he says i love subarus. Just gave me a big grin.
Gam30vR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #7307
Scanyland
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 282593
Join Date: May 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Vermont
Vehicle:
1996 Subaru Legacy
White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvdw View Post
I am happy, I have had zero stupid comments or anything about my car since I got it back. I did have one person comment on my license plate (SUBADRU) but that was it. I'm really enjoying the sleeper look
If I saw your license plate I would feel I'd be inclined to make a comment.
Scanyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #7308
WaWagon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303202
Join Date: Dec 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Puyallup,WA/ Ellensburg, WA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
Silver

Default

Driving back from a camping trip today a girl riding in the back seat asks " Whats that little gauge by your steering wheel? Is that for your NOS?

I got a good chuckle out of it.
WaWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #7309
04sedantyson
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 233011
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kennett,mo
Vehicle:
2004 04 sedan
PSM

Default

"so how do you keep the water from getting into the ram air intake?" pointing to the hood... I get tired of explaining this, so I usually reply "I don't know, that's just how it works"
04sedantyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #7310
DerO12
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 291857
Join Date: Aug 2011
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: New Mexico
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i

Default

Got two in one night!

First one: one of my friends friend said

Friend: oh a Subaru nice! Let me look at the back! Nice it's turboed.

Me: no it's the NA model

Friend: but it has dual exhaust

Me: it's mostly just for sound lol

Then Putting gas. And a guy on the pump over. "Burn em!"
DerO12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #7311
STiHokie48
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 207736
Join Date: Apr 2009
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Richmond, VA
Vehicle:
05 Matte WRB STi
Honda CBR600F2

Default

Almost every single day someone will ask me what my license plate means (FL4T FTW). Sometimes I actually try to explain it and just get a blank stare back.

The other day I was outside my apartment working on my car and a younger guy walked up and started doing the "oh man I just wanted to tell you i love you car, etc". And of course, like almost everyone else you ever talk to, he has a "friend" who has the fastest Subaru in the entire world. So he proceeded to say the following:

Guy: "He has his set-up so the turbo is already kicked in by the time your in second gear."
Me: "That's not really how it.....yeah nevermind. Thats awesome man! My tuner is crazy tho, he set mine up so the turbo boosts in every...single...gear. Even reverse bro."

Feeling one-up'ed....he walked away.
STiHokie48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #7312
gregroot198521
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 280844
Join Date: Apr 2011
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: hEll Paso
Vehicle:
2006 STi
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STiHokie48 View Post
Almost every single day someone will ask me what my license plate means (FL4T FTW). Sometimes I actually try to explain it and just get a blank stare back.

The other day I was outside my apartment working on my car and a younger guy walked up and started doing the "oh man I just wanted to tell you i love you car, etc". And of course, like almost everyone else you ever talk to, he has a "friend" who has the fastest Subaru in the entire world. So he proceeded to say the following:

Guy: "He has his set-up so the turbo is already kicked in by the time your in second gear."
Me: "That's not really how it.....yeah nevermind. Thats awesome man! My tuner is crazy tho, he set mine up so the turbo boosts in every...single...gear. Even reverse bro."

Feeling one-up'ed....he walked away.
Lol, that's awesome, I'll have to remember that if I get one of these story tellers again.
gregroot198521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #7313
conklin_02
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 324190
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Southwick, MA
Vehicle:
2005 wrx STi
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaWagon View Post
Driving back from a camping trip today a girl riding in the back seat asks " Whats that little gauge by your steering wheel? Is that for your NOS?

I got a good chuckle out of it.
I get questions like this all the time. Usually they ask what my access port is.

However , the most annoying conversation was at my school one day when I pulled into a spot, parked and then a kid approached me. He asked "how fast have you gone in that Subie?" So I told him the actual speed I went and proceeded to ask me, "so my friend has a Subaru. Do you have a "pssh" machine I there?" I walked away.
conklin_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #7314
theoutbackdream
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 301179
Join Date: Nov 2011
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Mountain View, California
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conklin_02 View Post
Do you have a "pssh" machine I there?" I walked away.
hahahaha
theoutbackdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #7315
freddy121389
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 294644
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Washington DC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Agile Auto
DGM 301whp 335wtq

Default

I kind of want to carry around a fake wad of cash around while I drive. I recently painted my winter wheels green because of curb rash last year that I had to fix and wanted them to be kind of christmasy lol, parents call it the grinch mobile now blah blah blah. anyway i've seen a lot more attention ever since i painted my wheels, anyway... what I want to do is I'd slowly roll down my window at stop lights and flash the wad like race wars in fast and the furious just to make people think that's something that people really do on the streets... and just blare another one bites the dust while bobbing my head. I definitely don't do this but I'm considering doing it as a joke and recording it for the peoples reactions with my gopro but only to the people who are douchers on the road trying to race me or completely lie about their car when at car meets.
freddy121389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #7316
Da_Lamby
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320184
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Vehicle:
2006 WRX TR
OBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvdw View Post
I am happy, I have had zero stupid comments or anything about my car since I got it back. I did have one person comment on my license plate (SUBADRU) but that was it. I'm really enjoying the sleeper look
This. Hence why I decided to not even get a personal plate.
Da_Lamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #7317
Dane.G
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 323066
Join Date: Jun 2012
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Location: Edmonton AB Canada
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX
aspen white

Default

i was going to the store with my friend. we were walking inside and there was a group of kids standing around by the door riding bicycles. as we opened the door i overheard them say "how much horsepower does that car have" as they laughed. one of them said "yeah, i bet that hoodscoop and spoiler really add alot of horsepower. i drive a 2005 wrx thats moddified to stage 2 and has the sti scoop and wing.

when i first bought my 2005 wrx one my friends asked what the "hood spoiler was" ... i didnt really know how to respond
Dane.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #7318
imac6471
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 309481
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Granite Falls, WA
Vehicle:
2011 OBSwirl WRX
2004 FXT "Tucker"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane.G
i was going to the store with my friend. we were walking inside and there was a group of kids standing around by the door riding bicycles. as we opened the door i overheard them say "how much horsepower does that car have" as they laughed. one of them said "yeah, i bet that hoodscoop and spoiler really add alot of horsepower. i drive a 2005 wrx thats moddified to stage 2 and has the sti scoop and wing.

when i first bought my 2005 wrx one my friends asked what the "hood spoiler was" ... i didnt really know how to respond
Haha, jokes on them. I had some kids that were waiting to cross the cross walk on bikes. The yelled at me, "why would you wanna drive that piece of s***? I yelled back, "cause im not cool enough to ride a bicycle!" Parents to need to wise up and start beating their children again, more of that and would have less of the disrespectful, ignorant little f***s of children that they have "raised properly" in a violence free household where they are more friends than parents and let their kids walk all over them.

Sorry for the rant, FYI I dont beat my children..............unless they are completly outta line. Just kiddin bwahahaha
imac6471 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #7319
Navendra94
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 327495
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ozone Park, Queens, New York
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX 5DR
Plasma Blue

Default

Kids need to get ****ed up.
Navendra94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #7320
crazzysandman
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 325139
Join Date: Jul 2012
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Location: Bakersfield
Vehicle:
2004 STi
PSM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imac6471 View Post

Haha, jokes on them. I had some kids that were waiting to cross the cross walk on bikes. The yelled at me, "why would you wanna drive that piece of s***? I yelled back, "cause im not cool enough to ride a bicycle!" Parents to need to wise up and start beating their children again, more of that and would have less of the disrespectful, ignorant little f***s of children that they have "raised properly" in a violence free household where they are more friends than parents and let their kids walk all over them.

Sorry for the rant, FYI I dont beat my children..............unless they are completly outta line. Just kiddin bwahahaha
Where the hell do you live??? People always give my car the double take and a nod :-).

Well I have my story.
Guy - nice car is it European?
Me - um Japanese... :-/
Guy - no way... twin turbo right?
Me - nah man 4 banger single turbo!
Guy - nice man is it fast?
Me - yo I gotta get back work man! Later :-|
Guy - gets in his honda with only 3 cylibers firings and sounds horrible like "dubstep"
crazzysandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #7321
imac6471
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 309481
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Granite Falls, WA
Vehicle:
2011 OBSwirl WRX
2004 FXT "Tucker"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzysandman

Where the hell do you live??? People always give my car the double take and a nod :-).

Well I have my story.
Guy - nice car is it European?
Me - um Japanese... :-/
Guy - no way... twin turbo right?
Me - nah man 4 banger single turbo!
Guy - nice man is it fast?
Me - yo I gotta get back work man! Later :-|
Guy - gets in his honda with only 3 cylibers firings and sounds horrible like "dubstep"
Thats what confused me, 99% of the people that say something about my car, (im sure applies to most wrx/sti) say something positive. Im assuming hes just a jealous little baby back son of b**** haha.
imac6471 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #7322
freddy121389
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 294644
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Washington DC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Agile Auto
DGM 301whp 335wtq

Default

I was driving on 83 today to my parents house going about 65, some guys in a older vw jetta flew by me probably going about 100 and gave me the finger. I immediately sped up to see what their problem was and it turned out to be a group of 16 year old kids. The kid driving couldn't believe I caught up so fast and wouldn't look me in the eye. Kid in the back kept laughing and the passenger kept leaning back to punch the kid in the back saying what looked like "dude, shut up" lol... Kids have definitely gotten way more disrespectful now a days. I hope I wasn't like that.
freddy121389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #7323
FL4TFTW
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 256953
Join Date: Sep 2010
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: New Cumberland, PA
Vehicle:
2001 AW 2.5RS
2014 DGM WRX Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzysandman View Post
Where the hell do you live??? People always give my car the double take and a nod :-).

Well I have my story.
Guy - nice car is it European?
Me - um Japanese... :-/
Guy - no way... twin turbo right?
Me - nah man 4 banger single turbo!
Guy - nice man is it fast?
Me - yo I gotta get back work man! Later :-|
Guy - gets in his honda with only 3 cylibers firings and sounds horrible like "dubstep"
Did you really just compare some kid's ****ty honda to dubstep?
FL4TFTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #7324
cmk82600
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 248305
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Vehicle:
97 OBS
my custom mixed silver

Default

A honda is atleast a step up from dubstep.
cmk82600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #7325
Cheese13
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 272366
Join Date: Jan 2011
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: va beach
Vehicle:
2003 Evo 8 gsr
Bby

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk82600 View Post
A honda is atleast a step up from dubstep.
Idk man, not quite sure which sucks more
Cheese13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Funniest or most unexpected thing you've heard/seen your parents do fokai Off-Topic 41 07-15-2012 01:59 PM
Whats the funniest slang term(s) you've heard? imprezaf Off-Topic 190 01-10-2012 11:50 PM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie DarkDvr General Community 15341 03-23-2011 10:54 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your audio/video system? mechanizeddeath Car Audio, Video & Security 11 04-07-2009 09:06 AM
Funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Subie II DarkDvr General Community 0 04-19-2007 04:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.