Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday July 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #1
ClemRoo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343934
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Charcoal Gray

Default Cobb maps question

i recently got my AP and am on the cobb stage1 ACN91. i would like to flash the economy tune during the week for work but is it ok to run it with California 91? or the stage1 economy mode tune? i live in California so the 91 is different from other states.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ClemRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemRoo View Post
i recently got my AP and am on the cobb stage1 ACN91. i would like to flash the economy tune during the week for work but is it ok to run it with California 91? or the stage1 economy mode tune? i live in California so the 91 is different from other states.
Yes, you are fine to run the economy map on that fuel. The economy map is not a performance map as it runs low boost - it is basically closer to the factory stock map (with disabled boost control) than it is to the stage 1 maps.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
ClemRoo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 343934
Join Date: Jan 2013
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Charcoal Gray

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
Yes, you are fine to run the economy map on that fuel. The economy map is not a performance map as it runs low boost - it is basically closer to the factory stock map (with disabled boost control) than it is to the stage 1 maps.

Bill
dose this also apply for the stage1 economy mode? like you said the economy tune isnt for performance but the stage1 economy is?
ClemRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 4803
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin, DFW, Portland, SOCAL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemRoo View Post
dose this also apply for the stage1 economy mode? like you said the economy tune isnt for performance but the stage1 economy is?
Some of the cars with intake maps have stage 1+intake or stage 2+intake economy maps. All this means is that they are economy maps for certain mods, not performance maps. In this case, stage 1 + intake is a stock car with designated intake and stage 2 + intake is a car with at least aftermarket downpipe plus designated intake. A map just named as Economy map is really just a stage 1 economy map for the stock intake.

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.