Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 28, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #6001
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
Yeah I thought long and hard about the yellow ones, but at the end of the day they don't help you see any better and I know I like the look of the color-matched white. Never driven with yellow fogs before, so I'm a bit curious how it looks on the car as well as when you're driving. Let me know what you end up doing.
Yeah I'm not totally sure if I'll go white or yellow. Iv'e never had yellow fogs either but as stated above it's supposed to help with seeing better in fog, rain and snow.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #6002
Speeddemon420
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 334964
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: DFW Texas
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyu87 View Post
Welcome to the worst thread of your life.
Amen brother
Speeddemon420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #6003
SubieLuvin
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 248202
Join Date: May 2010
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeddemon420 View Post
Amen brother
One day deep...

I'm hoping I can get my hands on a painted ts lip spoiler before it gets delivered.
SubieLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #6004
BoostMasterZero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 337634
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, OH/Germantown, MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
308/339 -Tuned by Agile

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostMasterZero View Post
Ok, so now that I have the VIN, can anyone explain to me how they are tracking their car by boat? For example the ship departure and arrivals, information like that. Thanks.
Bump!
BoostMasterZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #6005
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkNdrublic04 View Post
Yeah I'm not totally sure if I'll go white or yellow. Iv'e never had yellow fogs either but as stated above it's supposed to help with seeing better in fog, rain and snow.
The color won't matter. I think the projector or the output of the fogs on the WRX/STi isn't good enough or something. It isn't projecting or illuminating the high beams like it's supposed to. On my Acura I have clear lense and the same color fog lights with my WRX but they definitely make a different in fog.
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #6006
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us View Post
The color won't matter. I think the projector or the output of the fogs on the WRX/STi isn't good enough or something. It isn't projecting or illuminating the high beams like it's supposed to. On my Acura I have clear lense and the same color fog lights with my WRX but they definitely make a different in fog.
This. "yellow fogs are better in inclement weather" is just an old wives tale. Think about it this way, when you are projecting light, yellow is just white minus the blue. So if it were true that yellow would be better in fog, then those of us with white headlights would see mostly blue reflected back at us, and since the yellow wouldn't have this it would penetrate better. But that isn't the case. The white looks like the same white the headlights are putting out, meaning all wavelengths are being reflected (roughly) equally. So yellow lights are just going to light up the fog and make it look yellow, they don't penetrate it any more.

That said, if you want yellow fogs because they look cool or you just like the way the road looks when they light it up then by all means go for it. Just didn't want someone investing in something that isn't going to do what you want it to do.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #6007
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostMasterZero View Post
Bump!
Um it's kind of a crap shoot. So far what we've found out is Subaru uses Ro-Ro carrier ships, and tends to prefer the NYK shipping line. You can make reasonable guesses as to which ship will be carrying Subarus by looking at it's path. They load up in Yokohama, there are west coast ports in Vancouver WA, Richmond CA, then through the Panama Canal, east coast ports in Jacksonville and Baltimore I believe. You can find this stuff using marinetraffic.com or something similar.

But as far as I can tell there is no way to KNOW which boat your car is on. Rarely it seems people have been able to get this info from the dealer, but that doesn't seem to be the norm.

But, as someone who's played this game already, just sit back and relax and wait for your car to show up.

Good luck!
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #6008
BoostMasterZero
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 337634
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Columbus, OH/Germantown, MD
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Sedan
308/339 -Tuned by Agile

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
Um it's kind of a crap shoot. So far what we've found out is Subaru uses Ro-Ro carrier ships, and tends to prefer the NYK shipping line. You can make reasonable guesses as to which ship will be carrying Subarus by looking at it's path. They load up in Yokohama, there are west coast ports in Vancouver WA, Richmond CA, then through the Panama Canal, east coast ports in Jacksonville and Baltimore I believe. You can find this stuff using marinetraffic.com or something similar.

But as far as I can tell there is no way to KNOW which boat your car is on. Rarely it seems people have been able to get this info from the dealer, but that doesn't seem to be the norm.

But, as someone who's played this game already, just sit back and relax and wait for your car to show up.

Good luck!

Thanks man! I'll just wait the 3-4 weeks I have left and stay off the forums until it comes in lol. I might do a little reconnaissance though.
BoostMasterZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #6009
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

AHHHHHH!!!!!!! I was doing really good not worrying about when my car would get here but I'm bored at work and I re-lapsed and can't stop thinking about it!!!

HALP!!!!!!!!
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #6010
Icantu
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341710
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Denton, Tx
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Satin White Pearl

Default

The 11th can't come fast enough. I just saw a WRB wrx 5dr when I went to the gas station..made me a little jealous to be honest. Lol
Icantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #6011
Jyu87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342040
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkNdrublic04 View Post
AHHHHHH!!!!!!! I was doing really good not worrying about when my car would get here but I'm bored at work and I re-lapsed and can't stop thinking about it!!!

HALP!!!!!!!!
Fact #1: We all relapse...
Jyu87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #6012
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyu87 View Post
Fact #1: We all relapse...
I figured I would but it's only been a little over 2 weeks....I was doing so good too...
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #6013
Jyu87
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 342040
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatchback
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkNdrublic04 View Post

I figured I would but it's only been a little over 2 weeks....I was doing so good too...
What did you order?

And... what did you already order... if you know what I mean.
Jyu87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #6014
abs014000
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340249
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Lewisville,TX
Vehicle:
2013 STi 5 Door
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icantu View Post
The 11th can't come fast enough. I just saw a WRB wrx 5dr when I went to the gas station..made me a little jealous to be honest. Lol
Hang in there, brutha! We have just a little over a couple weeks.
abs014000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #6015
Icantu
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341710
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Denton, Tx
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs014000 View Post
Hang in there, brutha! We have just a little over a couple weeks.
i know i know..
a week and 6 days. which is 13 days.

























but whos counting?
Icantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #6016
sketcheroo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339856
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: Bay Area
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Premium
Satin White Pearl

Default

13 long days for me as well!
sketcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #6017
abs014000
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 340249
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Lewisville,TX
Vehicle:
2013 STi 5 Door
DGM

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icantu View Post
i know i know..
a week and 6 days. which is 13 days.

























but whos counting?
Haha. Touche.
abs014000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #6018
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyu87 View Post
What did you order?

And... what did you already order... if you know what I mean.
I ordered a SWP WRX Limited 5 door with no accessories.

So far I've only bought a Defi red racer boost gauge and the SMY cluster. Eventually I'm going to get the red racer pressure gauge to monitor oil pressure; most likely when I go stage 1.

Soon I will be ordering my red rally armor UA flaps!
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #6019
Meeno
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 320547
Join Date: May 2012
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Location: SF
Vehicle:
2013 STi Hatch
PBP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icantu View Post
The 11th can't come fast enough. I just saw a WRB wrx 5dr when I went to the gas station..made me a little jealous to be honest. Lol
Haha, I know the feeling. The week before I got my car I saw about 20 WRX and STi's, it was like the universe was taunting me. In the 10 days since I've had it I think I've seen 2.
Meeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #6020
Icantu
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 341710
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Location: Denton, Tx
Vehicle:
2013 STi
Satin White Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeno View Post
Haha, I know the feeling. The week before I got my car I saw about 20 WRX and STi's, it was like the universe was taunting me. In the 10 days since I've had it I think I've seen 2.
since ive ordered mine, i think ive seen maybe 6 or so? lol two cars ive seen two times and one was a test drive it looked like and another was just a random sighting. I have a feeling ill start seeing a lot more now though.
Icantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #6021
punkNdrublic04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 273621
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Limited
SWP Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icantu View Post
since ive ordered mine, i think ive seen maybe 6 or so? lol two cars ive seen two times and one was a test drive it looked like and another was just a random sighting. I have a feeling ill start seeing a lot more now though.
My buddy just bought a 13 WRX 5 door a few months ago so I ride in it all the time...which does not help the wait process at ALL!
punkNdrublic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #6022
Studmike02
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 220095
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Location: Arizona
Vehicle:
'95 MX-5

Default

12 days since I ordered...

Wheel locks in stock from last Subaru, Blox lug nuts as well, Hella Horns ready, ordering the red overlays soon from IAG performance.

Too early to order the CNT exhaust haha.

The wait sucks.
Studmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #6023
Anubis80
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 341903
Join Date: Dec 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STAGE 5
Blue Magic

Default

I am almost at 8 weeks. Wasn't that bad at first, but the wait gets worse.

Sorry new orders, but its true
Anubis80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #6024
royalnewjersey
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 250954
Join Date: Jul 2010
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis80 View Post
I am almost at 8 weeks. Wasn't that bad at first, but the wait gets worse.

Sorry new orders, but its true
+1

I'm almost at 6 weeks. Still no updates, and the wait is killing me. Plus, I've already spent about $750 in "pre-mods" as I call them...
royalnewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #6025
luan87us
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 335013
Join Date: Oct 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2013 Premium WRX 5dr
WRB

Default

Anyone know what happened to DigitalizedSoul or was it Digitizedsoul???? Haven't heard from him!!!
luan87us is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.