Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday October 31, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > International Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #501
old_duwel
Top Scoob 015

Member#: 18175
Vehicle:
99 STI RA Ltd #450
WRB blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRken View Post
Anyone know of the gas stations on the bases fuel up with 93? I've heard from three people that they do, and a handful of others that say they dont... I haven't looked at the pumps here, but a guy over at Yokosuka said the pumps are marked 93... One of the guys on another forum says he gets a knock from base fuel, so my best guess would be they don't, but I'm not sure.
Only the military base gas stations on Okinawa sell 86, it is why you might see knock. Mainland Japan sell 93 at yokota and Misawa that I know of... It's suppose to be all military gas stations on the mainland that sells 93 from what I read at work.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
old_duwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #502
old_duwel
Top Scoob 015

Vehicle:
99 STI RA Ltd #450
WRB blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecsaturn View Post
So the front diff at up garage is no good for a gc8 or well it improve my car if u know anyone with an LSD front and rear for a gc8 let me know
Here is my car with a rear cusco 2 way LSD!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=xfNrCiv8aDI
Old 02-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #503
CBRken
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 343049
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
1998 Impreza WRX STi
Steel Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_duwel View Post

Only the military base gas stations on Okinawa sell 86, it is why you might see knock. Mainland Japan sell 93 at yokota and Misawa that I know of... It's suppose to be all military gas stations on the mainland that sells 93 from what I read at work.
Good to know, I guess I'll find out the quality of fuel as soon as I gas up. It would be great if it really is premium considering its like 10 bucks a gallon off base
CBRken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 AM   #504
Th3dorkscyd3
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 307786
Vehicle:
1996 Impreza wrx sti
White

Are there any autocross events coming up soon?
Th3dorkscyd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:19 AM   #505
Th3dorkscyd3
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1996 Impreza wrx sti
White

Quote:
I need one more post to be able to vote.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #506
CBRken
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1998 Impreza WRX STi
Steel Blue

Duwel, I've been looking around and I've even asked but I get contradicting info on this subject. As far as mods go, what's the most I can do without a tune? I've been told CBE/Intake, now I'm reading TBE, and no intake... Could you shine a little light? You seem to know your stuff.

Last edited by CBRken; 02-07-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #507
old_duwel
Top Scoob 015

Vehicle:
99 STI RA Ltd #450
WRB blue

Quote:
Duwel, I've been looking around and I've even asked but I get contradicting info on this subject. As far as mods go, what's the most I can do without a tube? I've been told CBE/Intake, now I'm reading TBE, and no intake... Could you shine a little light? You seem to know your stuff.
Tube?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #508
toupedave
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325158

Quote:

Tube?
I think he means tune haha.
toupedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #509
CBRken
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1998 Impreza WRX STi
Steel Blue

Pshhh idk what you guys are talking about. I don't see tube anywhere. Lol, yeah I meant tune**
Old 02-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #510
old_duwel
Top Scoob 015

Vehicle:
99 STI RA Ltd #450
WRB blue

Quote:
Pshhh idk what you guys are talking about. I don't see tube anywhere. Lol, yeah I meant tune**
Lol,

You can add bolt on parts.. Open intake is fine, straight catless down pipe, exhaust. Even adding a boost controller is fine. You probably see that your car will run better and faster.

It's will be ideal to tune your car when you are done to run at peak efficiently. But if you are installing one part at a time, you should be fine.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #511
CBRken
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1998 Impreza WRX STi
Steel Blue

Quote:

Lol,

You can add bolt on parts.. Open intake is fine, straight catless down pipe, exhaust. Even adding a boost controller is fine. You probably see that your car will run better and faster.

It's will be ideal to tune your car when you are done to run at peak efficiently. But if you are installing one part at a time, you should be fine.
Cool, from what I've gathered, I can run a GD turbo back and it's pretty much perfect fitment minus a hanger, right?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #512
old_duwel
Top Scoob 015

Vehicle:
99 STI RA Ltd #450
WRB blue

Quote:
Cool, from what I've gathered, I can run a GD turbo back and it's pretty much perfect fitment minus a hanger, right?
It is very, very close. I did help someone install GDB exhaust and i think one of the the hangers was too short in the back.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #513
95sti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 100601
Vehicle:
94 Skyline R32GT-R
Pearl white w/blue tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3dorkscyd3 View Post
Are there any autocross events coming up soon?
Saturday, 1300 nago circuit. Need directions? 09082920972
95sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #514
Th3dorkscyd3
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1996 Impreza wrx sti
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sti View Post

Saturday, 1300 nago circuit. Need directions? 09082920972
Thanks a lot, I'll be there. I found some directions online. If I get lost ill text you.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #515
CBRken
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1998 Impreza WRX STi
Steel Blue

Quote:

It is very, very close. I did help someone install GDB exhaust and i think one of the the hangers was too short in the back.
Yeah that's pretty much what I was told, I'm glad I heard about this because it really broadens my exhaust options. I'm not going crazy with the car since I won't be able to take it back to states with me. Tastefully modded is pretty much my goal unless I can find a good group of guys that are into autocross.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #516
95sti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 100601
Vehicle:
94 Skyline R32GT-R
Pearl white w/blue tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3dorkscyd3

Thanks a lot, I'll be there. I found some directions online. If I get lost ill text you.
I will be the old guy with the kart. See you out there!
95sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:21 AM   #517
Th3dorkscyd3
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1996 Impreza wrx sti
White

I think I saw you out there. Did your kart die on the track?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #518
beij0
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 248975
Vehicle:
2003 WRX/B4 Blitzen
PSM/Red

Just checking in. Stationed up Yokota for the next 3 yrs. PCS'd in from Ramstein, Germany and own a silver 03 WRX. For now I'm running around with a B4 Blitzen, but it's going to be the wife's car as soon as I can decide what STI I want to get. I've been looking at exchange.goo-net.com and tradecarview for a while keeping an eye out for a while now.
beij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #519
CBRken
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1998 Impreza WRX STi
Steel Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by beij0 View Post
Just checking in. Stationed up Yokota for the next 3 yrs. PCS'd in from Ramstein, Germany and own a silver 03 WRX. For now I'm running around with a B4 Blitzen, but it's going to be the wife's car as soon as I can decide what STI I want to get. I've been looking at exchange.goo-net.com and tradecarview for a while keeping an eye out for a while now.
Welcome dude!

http://japanbases.com/buyandsell/veh..._yokosuka.aspx

A lot of the cars on tradecarview and exchange are for export only, if you can get in good with a native try the regular goo-net.com, it's all in Japanese but all of those cars are for domestic sales.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #520
beij0
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 WRX/B4 Blitzen
PSM/Red

Thanks, you the one that bought the gunmetal sti that was in the lemon lot?

Not looking into a GC body for myself. I'm looking along the lines of a GD body. I was looking at either a prodrive edition bugeye or S202(if the prices come down a little). Mainly want the parts for mine I have in the states.

Didn't know they are more into exporting and not domestic, thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #521
CBRken
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1998 Impreza WRX STi
Steel Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by beij0 View Post
Thanks, you the one that bought the gunmetal sti that was in the lemon lot?

Not looking into a GC body for myself. I'm looking along the lines of a GD body. I was looking at either a prodrive edition bugeye or S202(if the prices come down a little). Mainly want the parts for mine I have in the states.

Didn't know they are more into exporting and not domestic, thanks for the heads up.
Yeah I did! Clean little car! As soon as I found out I was moving here I knew I wanted to buy a GC. Everyone at my wife's shop was talking about getting skylines, and I just didn't want anything to do with that. I personally think they are terribly ugly. I was thinking about getting a bugeye, but decided to go with the GC because its something you can't get your hands on in the states. If you checkout the Japanbases.com website, a lot of the guys in the automotive section will help you locate a car. You could always hit up Mr. Auto also, he bring you to the auction and you can walk away with a car for a really decent price.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #522
beij0
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 WRX/B4 Blitzen
PSM/Red

Quote:
Yeah I did! Clean little car! As soon as I found out I was moving here I knew I wanted to buy a GC. Everyone at my wife's shop was talking about getting skylines, and I just didn't want anything to do with that. I personally think they are terribly ugly. I was thinking about getting a bugeye, but decided to go with the GC because its something you can't get your hands on in the states. If you checkout the Japanbases.com website, a lot of the guys in the automotive section will help you locate a car. You could always hit up Mr. Auto also, he bring you to the auction and you can walk away with a car for a really decent price.
I was looking at that same exact car when I first got here, but decided a wife/family car first. I'm not much of a fan of the Skyline either. Just glad no one in my shop talks them up. I'll be sure to check that site out more often. I've already talked to 2 people around yokota and they are the person you go to when you are looking for a specific car and they will find it for you. I was thinking GC, but I want something a little newer and hasn't been beaten to death.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #523
Vtecsaturn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 341335

Quote:

Yeah, I can help you! But it's not going to be cheap... Everything for the swap is cheaper here than the states. But you possibly looking at close to 2K.

We might get lucky and find it cheaper than that... But we will see. I already found lots of 6 spd parts for sell.
So just bought a spare trans, engine, 2 seats and a walbro 255 fuel pump of a parts car for 600what u think about the price? what u think about a gc8 ej20 mild build project man I'm ready to hit 500hp lol can't wait u down
Vtecsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #524
toupedave
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecsaturn View Post

So just bought a spare trans, engine, 2 seats and a walbro 255 fuel pump of a parts car for 600what u think about the price? what u think about a gc8 ej20 mild build project man I'm ready to hit 500hp lol can't wait u down
600 bucks??? If so damn was there any *extra* incentives for that purchase? Haha, thats a good deal in my book!
toupedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #525
Vtecsaturn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 341335

Quote:
Originally Posted by toupedave View Post

600 bucks??? If so damn was there any *extra* incentives for that purchase? Haha, thats a good deal in my book!
Yeah man 600 I wasn't sure if it was a good price the car was too much to jci so he is parting it out so I figured y not get what I want an start a build I have been looking for ever for a spare trans and engine
Vtecsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote