Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Wednesday October 22, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #26
shaky1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 322097

I totally understand from reading your board posts the issue. I love your product and have been having a blast learning its ins and outs. The low wastegate didnt fix it in 3rd gear @ 6000 rpm and the car was a bit jittery at part throttle/load. Just posted that regular wastegate non AEM ACN 91 tune fixed the problem and pulled way better without killing my afrs...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
shaky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #27
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaky1 View Post
I totally understand from reading your board posts the issue. I love your product and have been having a blast learning its ins and outs. The low wastegate didnt fix it in 3rd gear @ 6000 rpm and the car was a bit jittery at part throttle/load. Just posted that regular wastegate non AEM ACN 91 tune fixed the problem and pulled way better without killing my afrs...
Ok, I see. The non-AEM map should not be used with an AEM intake. If anything, you should be leaner at high load using the Cobb SF/stock map. By what means are you measuring AFR and what did the AEM map look like? What year WRX is this? On the AccessPORT, can you go to "Tune" -> "Show Current Map" and tell me what map name is shown in the reflash slot and what map is shown in the realtime slot?

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #28
KareemA
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316122
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2012 IMPREZA WRX
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
Ok, I see. The non-AEM map should not be used with an AEM intake. If anything, you should be leaner at high load using the Cobb SF/stock map. By what means are you measuring AFR and what did the AEM map look like? What year WRX is this? On the AccessPORT, can you go to "Tune" -> "Show Current Map" and tell me what map name is shown in the reflash slot and what map is shown in the realtime slot?

Bill
Bill,

I put on the my aem intake about 2 days ago. ran the normal wastegate map for a stage 2+aem acn 91 (living in socal). doing some pulls, ive brought up a cel 3 times now, P02044, which ive come to understand as over boosting.

since running this map/CAI, ive noticed my car feel a bit more sluggish. and not pull as hard.

i should also note that the weather was decently cold. between 35- and 49 F.
should i run a lower waste gate map?

vehicle, etc: 2012 wrx, invida catless dp, aem CAI. AP (obviously)

hit the cel 3rd gear at 5000 rpm
-4 gear at 5500 rpm
and 3rd gear again 4500 rpm

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
KareemA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #29
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareemA View Post
Bill,

I put on the my aem intake about 2 days ago. ran the normal wastegate map for a stage 2+aem acn 91 (living in socal). doing some pulls, ive brought up a cel 3 times now, P02044, which ive come to understand as over boosting.

since running this map/CAI, ive noticed my car feel a bit more sluggish. and not pull as hard.

i should also note that the weather was decently cold. between 35- and 49 F.
should i run a lower waste gate map?

vehicle, etc: 2012 wrx, invida catless dp, aem CAI. AP (obviously)

hit the cel 3rd gear at 5000 rpm
-4 gear at 5500 rpm
and 3rd gear again 4500 rpm

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
Hi there. You will actually want to run the severe LWG map. You can find this map in the maps section at cobbtuning.com. Use the Accessport Manager software to transfer the map to your Accessport and then use the "Tune" -> "Change Map" function to reflash the new map to the car.

You will want to get a data log (if you can do so safely) under the coldest outside temps you can to verify that you are no longer overboosting. Check out the data logging video below for details. Hitting the boost limit fuel cut (P0244) is a severe overboost. You can actually overboost without hitting that fuel cut and it still be a problem.

Keep in mind that your combination of catless downpipe plus aftermarket intake on a GR WRX is prone to a problem called boost creep. In severe cases, the engine control unit (ECU) cannot control boost at all and you will overboost regardless of the boost tune in the map. This problem can get worse with colder temps (in fact you may not have the problem at warmer temps), so it is important to get a data log to make sure you do not have this problem and if you do, take appropriate steps to fix it.

Bill
Old 02-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #30
KareemA
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 316122
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2012 IMPREZA WRX
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb Tuning View Post
Hi there. You will actually want to run the severe LWG map. You can find this map in the maps section at cobbtuning.com. Use the Accessport Manager software to transfer the map to your Accessport and then use the "Tune" -> "Change Map" function to reflash the new map to the car.

You will want to get a data log (if you can do so safely) under the coldest outside temps you can to verify that you are no longer overboosting. Check out the data logging video below for details. Hitting the boost limit fuel cut (P0244) is a severe overboost. You can actually overboost without hitting that fuel cut and it still be a problem.

Keep in mind that your combination of catless downpipe plus aftermarket intake on a GR WRX is prone to a problem called boost creep. In severe cases, the engine control unit (ECU) cannot control boost at all and you will overboost regardless of the boost tune in the map. This problem can get worse with colder temps (in fact you may not have the problem at warmer temps), so it is important to get a data log to make sure you do not have this problem and if you do, take appropriate steps to fix it.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjEGZ-4dsDY

Bill
Haven't had the chance to watch the video. Yet.
But I did load the slwg map. My car ran much Better. But I still hit that cell. 3rd gear 5600rpm. Wot.
KareemA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #31
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareemA View Post
Haven't had the chance to watch the video. Yet.
But I did load the slwg map. My car ran much Better. But I still hit that cell. 3rd gear 5600rpm. Wot.
Sounds a lot like a severe case of boost creep. Given that you are still hitting the boost limit fuel cut, we don't want to subject the car to this overboost again just to get a data log. But, we do want to see if the ECU can potentially have any control over at all over boost at higher RPM. We can do this by disabling boost control and see if the overboost still occurs. If it does, then this means that you cannot fix this via the boost tune and will need to go with mechanical solution.

The way to test this would be to modify the map via Accesstuner Race (ATR) tuning software, if you feel comfortable doing so. Version 2 Accessport owners can request a free copy of the software via the following link:
http://www.cobbtuning.com/accesstune...st-s/70716.htm

Once you've installed ATR, open up your current map (you can download it from the maps section at cobbtuning.com) and select the "Wastegate Duty Cycles (High)" table and set all the wastegate duty values in the table to zero. Save the map with a unique name and then use the Accessport Manager software to transfer the new map from your computer to the Accessport. Reflash this map to the car and then get a 3rd wide open throttle (WOT) data log that would previously hit the boost limit, if you can do so safely. Even if you don't hit the boost limit fuel cut this time, it does not mean that you are within safe levels of boost, so we will want to look at a data log and see what it looks like.

Bill