Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday August 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
pseudodigm
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202891
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Rally Blue

Default 04 wrx Power Window Weirdness, please help

I just noticed this after the big snow storm but honestly since it's winter it could have happened a while ago.

My driver window goes up and down, no problem. But none of the other windows move. The motors don't even try - I've experienced them freezing open in the past but you always here a little 'grunt' from the motor.

So you'd think "bad switches", right? BUT the switches on the passenger doors don't work either. So, the only window that moves is the driver door. None of the other driver side/master switches work. In addition, the individual passenger switches don't work either.

That kind of problem makes me think it's broader than the switches.

update: I just realized this. A shop reinstalled a gauge for me recently. I had previously used one of those fuse box adapters to plug in the power leads I needed. It was ghetto but it worked (mostly. The gauge only worked when my headlights were on...shut up). So the shop was like "hey, we de-ghetto'd your gauge hook up".

A week later I realize that my fog lamps and cruise control switches don't do anything. They don't even light up.

So is it possible they didn't replace those fuses? And if so are any of those fuses the passenger power windows (but not the driver?)

I swear to god my car is becoming haunted with these weird problems as she goes on...

Thanks all.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
pseudodigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
02wrxYEE
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 351797
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Sedona Red Pearl

Same thing happened to me. My driver window works fine but all of the others just quit out of nowhere. I'll let you know if I find something
02wrxYEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
pseudodigm
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202891
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
Rally Blue

Heh. I thought I edited this. The problem is between the seat and steering wheel...the stupid safety switch was engaged. I'd never touched it in the 9 years I've had the car and I guess I did by accident.
pseudodigm is offline   Reply With Quote