Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday July 13, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #76
KenBeanNet
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335407
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

So I need two of these, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audiovox-Fla...&forceRpt=true and a clutch bypass. Can someone link me to something decent as there are hundreds of these out there.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KenBeanNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #77
jegomes
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 303039
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Minneapolis
Vehicle:
2006 WRX

Default

Yep 2 of those.. and that's a great price, we sell them for 100 each.. for the clutch bypass any standard relay (Bosch spdt) should be able to pick one up for a few bucks local or wait for shipping http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=49044434827 I hope that works it from my phone
jegomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #78
kevosti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 269463
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Vehicle:
2012 WRX STi Sedan
DGM

Default

On the clutch bypass, is the upper switch the only one that needs to be connected to the common and normally open contact of the relay that is only energized during cranking?
kevosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #79
SP2Flip
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 63932
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hampton Roads
Vehicle:
2006 Tribeca B9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevosti View Post
On the clutch bypass, is the upper switch the only one that needs to be connected to the common and normally open contact of the relay that is only energized during cranking?
I believe that the top one is the safety switch. You can unplug it and try to start the car to verify and yes to the N.O. and the Common(30 and 87).
SP2Flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:17 AM   #80
kevosti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 269463
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Vehicle:
2012 WRX STi Sedan
DGM

Default

Finally got the autostart working today! I have a few things left to do, but I will try buttoning up everything tomorrow.

Flip, do you have any suggestions of how to connect a 506t glass break sensor to compustar cm6000?
kevosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #81
SP2Flip
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 63932
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hampton Roads
Vehicle:
2006 Tribeca B9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevosti View Post
Finally got the autostart working today! I have a few things left to do, but I will try buttoning up everything tomorrow.

Flip, do you have any suggestions of how to connect a 506t glass break sensor to compustar cm6000?
Sweet deal Kev! The Compustar should have an optional sensor input Connector 14. You should have the pin diagram on the instructions of the compustar. It may be a PnP, but I kinda doubt it. Compare to the diagram that came with your 506T and wire accordingly, should only be 4 wires. Good luck, if you have any problems let me know!

Last edited by SP2Flip; 10-30-2012 at 07:16 PM.
SP2Flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #82
KenBeanNet
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335407
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

Since I bought 2 of the FLCan + Bypass, should I still get a Fortin CanBus module? Would that make my life easier? I plan to attack this on Saturday. Or is the FLCan the same thing?
KenBeanNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #83
kevosti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 269463
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Vehicle:
2012 WRX STi Sedan
DGM

Default

kevosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #84
KenBeanNet
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335407
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

Ok guys. Sat here all day going through the 2013. Not many changes I can forsee.

So, following the post by d3rk. I see his final results were :

Pin 86 - Violet
Pin 85 - 12V Constant
Pin 87 - Switch 1 of Clutch
Pin 30 - Switch 2 of Clutch.

Was the second relay installed for the 2nd Ingition wire? IE,

Pin 85 & Pin 30 - 12V Constant
Pin 86 - Pink (R.S.)
Pin 87 - Blue Ignition Harness (Car).

Is that even needed?

I did not make any cuts yet in the car, as I want to prepare this correctly. I am following his main power connections to the Ingition switch.

One major problem I am having is I cannot find the ECU harness. I found a group of wires covered by black garmet but I did not cut it back. I cannot see where the wires go. I found 2 other harness but they are not 35 pin, they are like 29 or so pins.

Where is the ECU harness for the netural saftey switch wire?

Next, the FLCANs, I am using two, one for the bypass. Should I follow to a T the instructions given regarding cutting the 3 main harnesses under the drivers wheel?

To sum it all up, there is about 7 connections to main on the heavy gauge. Then a bunch of small connections with the 3 harnesses (small) under the wheel which FLCAN has given me instructions for. Then the clutch bypass. Then the hood switch. Then the netural saftey wire.

Is that it? Am I missing some extra cables?

The weather is really nice, so I hope I can attack this tomorrow with your responses!
KenBeanNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #85
KenBeanNet
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335407
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

Ok. So I just opened to the ECU and found the wire by testing. So thats great! It gives nothing in neutral but 11.4V in gear. Check that.

I found that there is no 2nd ignition wire. So scrap that, but a second accessory. So I will relay for that.
KenBeanNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #86
KenBeanNet
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 335407
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default

Got it to start! Now need to do Clutch Bypass and 2nd Accessory Bypass. Then add my backup battery and all accessories.
KenBeanNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #87
schacal06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339093
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SOUTH LOS ANGELES
Vehicle:
2013 SUBARU
RALLY BLUE

Default

not sure if there is any updates on bypass modules for sti 2013 without having to leave a key in the car ??

also whats the difference in the different kind of bypass modules ??

i see some for different prices from 10$-100$
schacal06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #88
acrazydood
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 306459
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX STi
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schacal06 View Post
not sure if there is any updates on bypass modules for sti 2013 without having to leave a key in the car ??

also whats the difference in the different kind of bypass modules ??

i see some for different prices from 10$-100$

I used the DEI 556UW Universal Immobilizer Bypass with a Viper system on my 2012 STi and it worked great for me. You can get it on amazon for about $10. I just tapped into the stock ring instead of trying to add the ring from the kit. Assuming the 12s and 13s are the same its fairly simple. However, you do still have to leave a key in the box, or at least the part with the chip.
acrazydood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #89
schacal06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339093
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SOUTH LOS ANGELES
Vehicle:
2013 SUBARU
RALLY BLUE

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrazydood View Post
I used the DEI 556UW Universal Immobilizer Bypass with a Viper system on my 2012 STi and it worked great for me. You can get it on amazon for about $10. I just tapped into the stock ring instead of trying to add the ring from the kit. Assuming the 12s and 13s are the same its fairly simple. However, you do still have to leave a key in the box, or at least the part with the chip.
ok thanks...i guess i will just hide it good just incase
schacal06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #90
solorydr
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 221120
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Can you please elaborate on the trick with the accessory wire? I had it professionally installed a few months back, I think they connected the accessory wires as you said because I only get radio and a/c when key is in the ignition. The shop is far and I would like to see if I could just disconnect it myself, and which wire should I cut off.
i have a 2011 GRB STI and a viper 5904 + smartstart module

Last edited by solorydr; 06-03-2013 at 06:16 AM.
solorydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #91
zpeedd3mon
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 332170
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solorydr View Post
Can you please elaborate on the trick with the accessory wire? I had it professionally installed a few months back, I think they connected the accessory wires as you said because I only get radio and a/c when key is in the ignition. The shop is far and I would like to see if I could just disconnect it myself, and which wire should I cut off.
i have a 2011 GRB STI and a viper 5904 + smartstart module
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 BLUE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 6-PIN PLUG), PIN 4

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 YELLOW (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 6-PIN PLUG), PIN 5

You need to test the wires to find which powers the blower motor. I don't remember exactly which but only one should be connected. Or you can test for the one that turns on all the dash lights/accessory power to your cig plug and not connect that one. Make sure if you do go in a cut it to tape off the bare ends! I personally would leave a pig-tail off the one you cut just in case its the wrong one and makes it easier to soder or butt-connect it back up.

NOTE! if you tamper with the install it will probably void any installation warranty you receive from having a pro put it in, meaning if you have problems with it down the road you will be forking out the cost to have it diagnosed and fixed.
zpeedd3mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #92
WhatsASubie
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 362544
Join Date: Jul 2013
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2013 Wrx
satin white pearl

Default

Was looking for this! thanks you.
WhatsASubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #93
vnikulin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 134247
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2012 STI
Black

Default

where is Neutral Sensing Wire located and what color is it? thanks!!!
vnikulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #94
hudsonvalleybugeye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 295068
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rhinebeck, NY
Vehicle:
2003 wrx
Sedona Red Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnikulin View Post
where is Neutral Sensing Wire located and what color is it? thanks!!!
If you ground this wire, it will start whenever you want.
hudsonvalleybugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #95
acrazydood
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 306459
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX STi
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnikulin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonvalleybugeye View Post
If you ground this wire, it will start whenever you want.
where is Neutral Sensing Wire located and what color is it? thanks!!!
I wouldn't suggest doing it that way, just in case you leave it in gear for some reason and forget about it. When I did mine I tapped the neutral wire coming out of the ECU under the passenger floorboard. I'd have to look to see what color and position, you have a 2012 right? I can look after work.
acrazydood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #96
hudsonvalleybugeye
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 295068
Join Date: Sep 2011
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: Rhinebeck, NY
Vehicle:
2003 wrx
Sedona Red Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrazydood View Post
I wouldn't suggest doing it that way, just in case you leave it in gear for some reason and forget about it. When I did mine I tapped the neutral wire coming out of the ECU under the passenger floorboard. I'd have to look to see what color and position, you have a 2012 right? I can look after work.
ha, i should've looked back in the thread. I thought. The op was asking what the neutral safety switch wire does. Do newer sti's have a sensor that sends a ground when the transmission is left in neural? That would work quite nicely.
hudsonvalleybugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #97
vnikulin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 134247
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2012 STI
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrazydood View Post
I wouldn't suggest doing it that way, just in case you leave it in gear for some reason and forget about it. When I did mine I tapped the neutral wire coming out of the ECU under the passenger floorboard. I'd have to look to see what color and position, you have a 2012 right? I can look after work.
yes its 2012! thanks a lot! I wouldn't like to make it start in any position
i was thinking about bypassing clutch though, neutral switch would be enough i think, right?
vnikulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #98
acrazydood
NASIOC Supporter
 
Member#: 306459
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Maryland
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza WRX STi
Dark Gray Metallic

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnikulin View Post
yes its 2012! thanks a lot! I wouldn't like to make it start in any position
i was thinking about bypassing clutch though, neutral switch would be enough i think, right?
The way I have mine set up you still have to use the clutch when you start it manually, but not when using the remote start obviously. My Viper is actually programmed to think it's an automatic to make it easier.

If you're going to tap the wire at the ECU it should be a Green/Black wire in position 35 on plug B136. I can't remember which plug it is but they're all shaped different, you just have to match it up. I'm pretty sure it goes to ground in neutral, but I'd test it with a multimeter first to be certain and to make sure it's the right wire. I did my best to highlight it on the manual here.

If you need more info let me know.

Neutral Position Wire.JPG
acrazydood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #99
vnikulin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 134247
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Vehicle:
2012 STI
Black

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrazydood View Post
The way I have mine set up you still have to use the clutch when you start it manually, but not when using the remote start obviously. My Viper is actually programmed to think it's an automatic to make it easier.

If you're going to tap the wire at the ECU it should be a Green/Black wire in position 35 on plug B136. I can't remember which plug it is but they're all shaped different, you just have to match it up. I'm pretty sure it goes to ground in neutral, but I'd test it with a multimeter first to be certain and to make sure it's the right wire. I did my best to highlight it on the manual here.

If you need more info let me know.

Attachment 72497

thanks again ! i will give it a try this weekend possibly. i have "advanced keys" alarm, not sure if i can trick it into thinking that its automatic but i believe that neutral switch with clutch bypass will help to activate it.
vnikulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:12 PM   #100
Tsappin
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 364564
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hagerstown, md
Vehicle:
2013 Wrx premium
Swp

Default

Hi,
I have a 2013 wrx and was looking for a directech sheet for it. Does anyone here have access to get this sheet?
Tsappin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***liteSPEC 08+ WRX STI HB Titanium Exhaust System GROUP BUY Starting at $750*** liteSPEC Vendor 'Group Buy' Classifieds 177 02-20-2013 07:51 PM
FS : MN: Perrin Cold Air Intake 08+ WRX/STI and spare foam filter. hotrodrex MWSOC Private Classifieds 2 02-04-2012 10:07 AM
Invidia Q300 Catback for 08 STI, AEM CAI for 08 WRX/STI, and Element Tuning for 02+! WorldOne NWIC Vendor Classifieds 9 03-25-2011 11:11 AM
2004 STi Remote Start, Keyless entry inop,alarm activates Murphdog Car Audio, Video & Security 5 12-30-2009 10:48 AM
vf48, 08 STi TMIC, LGT/08+ WRX/STI downpipe, 08 injectors vhalin Engine/Power/Exhaust 23 12-09-2008 10:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.