Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday January 29, 2015
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Interior & Exterior Modification

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:12 AM   #1
simonsays
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 318676
Default 2012 Impreza 2.0 Modification Questions

Hey guys! I just purchased my first Subaru and its, as the title states, a 2012 Impreza. Its a base 5 door limited model. (Didn't like the look of the wheels on the sport model; no matter how many times i saw it, it never really grew on me). I kind of regret not getting the sport because of the side skirts/rocker panel spoilers that were standard on the sport models only. So my questions are as follows:
1) Is there a way to source sport model side skirts for the 2012 Imprezas?
2) Will any other models side skirts fit?(I understand the wheel base has been increased by an inch on the newer models but that doesn't necessarily mean the rocker panel length would change)
3) I noticed the 09 WRX hatches have the same styled side skirt and i am wondering if anyone could tell me the dimensions of the side skirts as well as whether or not the side skirts would be able to fit.

It is a new model and hasn't been out for too long so I really am not expecting much information, but whatever will help guide me in the right path and reach my goal is much appreciated. I don't really like the idea of buying splash guards to install as I greatly prefer the side skirts over the guards. However, if rallyarmor makes mudflaps for direct bolting onto the newer imprezas, i will really consider the option.

Thanks in advanced!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
simonsays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
tornado542
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 280370
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Premium
Ice Silver Metallic

1) you can order them from the dealership...however, they require drilling you car to attach...not worth it

2) No

3) Dunno
tornado542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
simonsays
Scooby Newbie

Oh man that's a disappointment...drilling into the car.. sounds a bit painful.. Thanks for the update. I Appreciate it Splash guards it is!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
mckinnon99879
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 314199
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
ISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsays View Post

It is a new model and hasn't been out for too long so I really am not expecting much information, but whatever will help guide me in the right path and reach my goal is much appreciated. I don't really like the idea of buying splash guards to install as I greatly prefer the side skirts over the guards. However, if rallyarmor makes mudflaps for direct bolting onto the newer imprezas, i will really consider the option.

Thanks in advanced!
Rally armor just came out with them for our cars about 2 weeks ago
mckinnon99879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:08 AM   #5
simonsays
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the update. Does anyone have any Rally armor mudflaps for the new Impreza? Im trying to get measurements of the brackets as well as the flaps them selves. Being cheap here with the flaps but i am also trying to experiment with other options. If anyone could help, i would greatly appreciate it. I wish i could order hardware separately from rally armor but they do not allow that.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
scoutisimo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 315759
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 5 Door
Obsidian Black Pearl

ikea cutting boards were popular in the past.

Also the XV Crosstrek fender flares and side skirts fit, but also, require drilling.
scoutisimo is offline   Reply With Quote