Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Sunday September 21, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Member's Car Gallery

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
HougieBear
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 347748
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Midnight Black Pearl

Default HougieBear's 2003 WRX build

Bought my darlin' a couple years ago, became a proud Subaru owner. A month or so after I bought her, she spun two rod bearings. Engine was rebuilt as a stroker with 2.5L crank, bored, forged Crower rods, Arias custom pistons @ 8.4:1 compression, oversized valves, stage II cams, everything balanced, ARP head studs, Cometic gaskets, catless uppipe, VF43 turbo, STI injectors. I was new to Subaru when it was rebuilt so pretty much stopped there.
ran good for a long time till it stopped making boost, Cats had melted and clogged the exhaust. Soo time for TXS turbo back, perrin style inlet and a cobb air filter. Shortly after this I had it tuned again at PRE in portland, put down 247.9 whp with a stock wrx intercooler making 16psi, I was pretty happy with that considering she's my daily.
Got bored one day and yanked off the throttle body, PnPed the throttle body and the IC pipes. It made the power transition pretty smooth so I was happy!
About a week passed and I noticed it kept running hot (it's winter) and I couldn't find a leak. Pulled it in the shop to look for leaks and a huge gulp squirted out of the bottom of the radiator :/
Time for something new! I had been taking a huge intrest in V-mounts, mostly for the unique-ness and the obvious short IC piping. Haven't seen anyone in the PNW with one yet.
So I ordered a 27x13x2.75 inch 2 row aluminum radiator from a local shop, and a backdoor intercooler from ETS. The radiator required some interesting routing of the lower hose, but it's installed and works wonderfully with the custom shroud I made for it.
I'm working on mounting the intercooler now, and I picked up some intercooler piping from a used FMIC for 20 bucks. Time to cut and weld everything into place! I'm excited to have it finished, miss my car!

Here are some pics, Ill post more soon.

Got some cleaning up to do on those welds on the crash support.

Cheers!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
HougieBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
HougieBear
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Midnight Black Pearl

SOOOOO some driver of a F250 was cruising beside me (him in the right lane, me in the left) and he just decided to turn left(turn, not change lanes) and hit my car and drove it into a pole. Car is totalled but the engine is still good! my re-welding of the bumper beam seemed to save the engine! but my custom radiator is bent and smashed.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:25 PM   #3
HougieBear
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Midnight Black Pearl

Picked up a 2001, 4 door 2.5rs today. In great condition, came with ksport coils, 17x8.5 +20 bbs wheels from a BMW. Feels good to be back in a Subaru.