Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 24, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
South East Region Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Regional Areas > South East Region Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
Tristan-sa1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339089
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington, VA
Vehicle:
2013 STI
SWP

Default New STI owner in Jacksonville, FL

Hello. I wanted to take this opportunity to reach out to the WRX/STI owners in and around Jacksonville to introduce myself. My name is Shaun and I recently ordered a 2013 STI Hatchback from Subaru of Jacksonville. I managed a few percentage points below invoice, so I'm thrilled. My sales associate, David Spinney, was very helpful and extremely happy to see me walk out the dealership door after signing the paperwork (negotiations were tense at times).

Anyways my STI arrives in June and I'm looking forward to my first Subie and hopefully meeting other owners in the area. Thanks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Tristan-sa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
jaxscuby
Sammo Hung
Moderator
 
Member#: 10613
Join Date: Sep 2001
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: F L O R I D A
Vehicle:
2002 USDM WRX
WRB

Default

welcome..
jaxscuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
Tristan-sa1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339089
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington, VA
Vehicle:
2013 STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxscuby View Post
welcome..
Thanks. Can't wait for my STI to arrive. Trolling the Picture threads is getting old and I've read through most of the Stickies. Guess it's time to move to the Modification threads and start planning.
Tristan-sa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Circuit Motorsports
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 220868
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: www.CircuitMotorsports.net
Vehicle:
2005 STi Urban Camo
Orlando, FL

Default

Congrats!

If you need some help with mods or suggestions we'd be happy to help!
Circuit Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
Tristan-sa1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339089
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington, VA
Vehicle:
2013 STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports View Post
Congrats!

If you need some help with mods or suggestions we'd be happy to help!
I will absolutely take that offer. I figure with the stock tune being so poor I'll be looking into an AP and go to stage one. Then it's only a matter of time until the DP and TBE is ordered and then...

Damn mod bug.
Tristan-sa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
SRP WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 103530
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jax, FL
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Sedona Red Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan-sa1 View Post
I will absolutely take that offer. I figure with the stock tune being so poor I'll be looking into an AP and go to stage one. Then it's only a matter of time until the DP and TBE is ordered and then...

Damn mod bug.
I would recommend a Pro tune instead of the Cobb ots map. The difference is HUGE
SRP WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
miss PPGs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310610
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: jacksonkill
Vehicle:
2006 wrSex/goat/tbss
wrb/cgm/sw

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan-sa1 View Post
Hello. I wanted to take this opportunity to reach out to the WRX/STI owners in and around Jacksonville to introduce myself. My name is Shaun and I recently ordered a 2013 STI Hatchback from Subaru of Jacksonville. I managed a few percentage points below invoice, so I'm thrilled. My sales associate, David Spinney, was very helpful and extremely happy to see me walk out the dealership door after signing the paperwork (negotiations were tense at times).

Anyways my STI arrives in June and I'm looking forward to my first Subie and hopefully meeting other owners in the area. Thanks.
hell yea my name is Heather, I have a 2006 wrx. what side of town? welcome to the community
miss PPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
Tristan-sa1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339089
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington, VA
Vehicle:
2013 STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss PPGs View Post
hell yea my name is Heather, I have a 2006 wrx. what side of town? welcome to the community
Westside off Old Middleburg.

Any local get-togethers/car meets? It's another 4 months before my STI arrives and I need to get my WRX/STI fix.
Tristan-sa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #9
heat06sti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 348201
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jax. FL
Vehicle:
2006 STI
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan-sa1 View Post
Westside off Old Middleburg.

Any local get-togethers/car meets? It's another 4 months before my STI arrives and I need to get my WRX/STI fix.
I was kinda wondering the same thing. Im new to the forums but I have had my sti a while. Im out in OP.
heat06sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
miss PPGs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310610
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: jacksonkill
Vehicle:
2006 wrSex/goat/tbss
wrb/cgm/sw

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan-sa1 View Post

Westside off Old Middleburg.

Any local get-togethers/car meets? It's another 4 months before my STI arrives and I need to get my WRX/STI fix.
I go to the meets at Sonic off Beach Blvd on sat nights. I live off the same road so you prob seen me before haha...did you go to school here?

Last edited by miss PPGs; 02-25-2013 at 10:30 PM.
miss PPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #11
miss PPGs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310610
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: jacksonkill
Vehicle:
2006 wrSex/goat/tbss
wrb/cgm/sw

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heat06sti View Post

I was kinda wondering the same thing. Im new to the forums but I have had my sti a while. Im out in OP.
the biggest meet is every sat night at Sonic on Beach Blvd.

Does your sti have the roof scoop?
miss PPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #12
heat06sti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 348201
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jax. FL
Vehicle:
2006 STI
Aspen White

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss PPGs View Post
the biggest meet is every sat night at Sonic on Beach Blvd.

Does your sti have the roof scoop?
No Mine is white with black rims with a chrome lip, and black out tail lights. Nothing else exterior yet, but I got stuff on the way
heat06sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #13
miss PPGs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310610
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: jacksonkill
Vehicle:
2006 wrSex/goat/tbss
wrb/cgm/sw

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heat06sti View Post

No Mine is white with black rims with a chrome lip, and black out tail lights. Nothing else exterior yet, but I got stuff on the way
Awww okay. I met a guy w a 06 white sti in OP but I was in my tbss, so I was wondering if you were the same guy hah.

Last edited by miss PPGs; 02-25-2013 at 10:29 PM.
miss PPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #14
Tristan-sa1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339089
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington, VA
Vehicle:
2013 STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss PPGs View Post
I go to the meets at Sonic off Beach Blvd on sat nights. I live off the same road so you prob seen me before haha...did you go to school here?
Moved here in 2007.

Can't remember if I have seen you around, but I'll start paying more attention as I drive around the Westside.

Beach Blvd. huh?! Maybe I can swing by one Saturday night to check out the rides.
Tristan-sa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #15
heat06sti
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 348201
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jax. FL
Vehicle:
2006 STI
Aspen White

Default

I work over on the westside so you might see me over there once in a while.
heat06sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #16
Tristan-sa1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339089
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington, VA
Vehicle:
2013 STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRP WRX View Post
I would recommend a Pro tune instead of the Cobb ots map. The difference is HUGE
Any reputable tuners in or around JAX?
Tristan-sa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #17
Circuit Motorsports
NASIOC Vendor
 
Member#: 220868
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: www.CircuitMotorsports.net
Vehicle:
2005 STi Urban Camo
Orlando, FL

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan-sa1 View Post
I will absolutely take that offer. I figure with the stock tune being so poor I'll be looking into an AP and go to stage one. Then it's only a matter of time until the DP and TBE is ordered and then...

Damn mod bug.
Sounds good man, just shoot us a PM and we can help you along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRP WRX View Post
I would recommend a Pro tune instead of the Cobb ots map. The difference is HUGE

I usually recommend stage 2 to start off with, it's a better idea to get some more mods together before Pro-tuning to really get the full moneys worth.
Circuit Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #18
hjz420
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 265757
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: jax
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan-sa1 View Post

Any reputable tuners in or around JAX?
Sti mikey from phattbotti tuning TKR usually pays us a visit about every 6 months. He is a well respected tuner in the subaru community. I drive a blue 02 and live off beach blvd.
hjz420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #19
miss PPGs
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 310610
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: jacksonkill
Vehicle:
2006 wrSex/goat/tbss
wrb/cgm/sw

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heat06sti View Post
I work over on the westside so you might see me over there once in a while.
I prob have lol
miss PPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #20
Tristan-sa1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339089
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington, VA
Vehicle:
2013 STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjz420 View Post
Sti mikey from phattbotti tuning TKR usually pays us a visit about every 6 months. He is a well respected tuner in the subaru community. I drive a blue 02 and live off beach blvd.
When does STIMIKEY pay Jacksonville a visit? I'd appreciate having someone well respected tune my STI. I've heard many positive reviews of PHATBOTTI tuning.
Tristan-sa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #21
Yogi808
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 307007
Join Date: Jan 2012
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jax
Vehicle:
07 Leggy, 10 Sti
PhatBotti Tuned OBPX2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan-sa1 View Post
When does STIMIKEY pay Jacksonville a visit? I'd appreciate having someone well respected tune my STI. I've heard many positive reviews of PHATBOTTI tuning.
He said he would be here in April again, he is here way more often than every six months. We talked about it when he was here last weekend, he was in Jax 6 times last year.
Yogi808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #22
Tristan-sa1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339089
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington, VA
Vehicle:
2013 STI
SWP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi808 View Post
He said he would be here in April again, he is here way more often than every six months. We talked about it when he was here last weekend, he was in Jax 6 times last year.
Good thing I won't have my STI until May or June. Should give me plenty of time to get my AP, DP and TBE.
Tristan-sa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #23
Tristan-sa1
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 339089
Join Date: Nov 2012
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Location: Arlington, VA
Vehicle:
2013 STI
SWP

Default

Well my wait has reached the 4 week mark and I have already purchased RA Mudflaps and Cobb AP. Next on the list is Whiteline sways.

Planning ahead, but can anyone recommend a reputable tint shop? Also looking for a clear bra installer. Thanks.
Tristan-sa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #24
gutie04
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 219717
Join Date: Aug 2009
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Milton, Florida
Vehicle:
05 FXT Dom2.5R
4EAT FTW!!!!

Default

The guy at Baker Glass on Cassat does a good job.
gutie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #25
SRP WRX
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 103530
Join Date: Dec 2005
Chapter/Region: South East
Location: Jax, FL
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Sedona Red Pearl

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan-sa1 View Post
Good thing I won't have my STI until May or June. Should give me plenty of time to get my AP, DP and TBE.
Mikey can also etune you if you cant wait for him to come back lol. I also live off Ricker on the westside. I have the only Sedona Red Pearl wrx in Jax
SRP WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.