Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday August 1, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Tribeca Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
SYNTHETICDARKNESS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 215558
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza 2.5 RS
SM Red

Default New owner and thread revivalist lol

Just got our Tribeca's a couple months ago and have been enjoying them greatly. I've done a couple how to vid's on the sb9t.com forums if anyone needs any help.

We've purchased our B9's a few weeks ago and have been enjoying them greatly. We love everything about them except the limited aftermarket for them, but I'm very well rounded so I should be able to find what I need and do it. I've seen some stuff on here, but very little info on them which when the time comes I hope I can finish them.

I've come from other sites like the RX8, Nasioc, Forester, BMW, Vehicross, SVX forums etc..., so this is nothing new to me. We've had a lot of cars in our time with owning 8 Subarus almost back to back. So far I really think the B9's are my favorite one out of the bunch. I hope to contribute like I have on the other sites to help people out with certain things. We also hope that we get to meet some people from the forum someday.

Where we live there is a total of 9 B9's in around a 30 mile radius so hopefully I can gather them up to travel down to Pittsburgh for the monthly Quaker Steak Subaru meet that we've been to before which is usually huge. We've traveled near and far for forum meets so hopefully we can get one going, or go to one that's already planned.

The only things I did so far to the B9's was basic tune-up (oils & filters), cabin filter change, seat-belt chime removal trick, disconnect DRL, intake mod, custom made HIR H3 lights for the fogs, adjust headlights, and many more to come. We've been averaging around 22-25 mpg in both B9's in our hilly 50/50 city/driving area we live. I believe that's it for now. We will keep adding to this post as time goes on. We hope you like what we contribute.

Hopefully the pictures stay, if not I will figure it out lol.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SYNTHETICDARKNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
Sub!eDr!ver
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 88924
Vehicle:
2007 Tribeca Limited
05 LGT (98 LGT, 88 Justy)

Looking good! The B9s don't get enough aftermarket love. I suppose it just hasn't sold in large enough numbers to support a thriving aftermarket market.
Sub!eDr!ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
garface
Scooby Guru

Member#: 1581
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
MY00 RS/STi7
MY01 RS Both Silverthorne

Nobody really posts in here, or on sb9t for that matter. I wish there was more activity. That is really good mileage for 50/50 driving.
garface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
Sub!eDr!ver
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Tribeca Limited

That might be because there aren't a large number of Tribecas out there, and it's usually a relatively small percentage of owners interested enough to hang out on chat boards. I'm still enjoying my B9, though I'm having the occasional issue pop up now. I have over 132,000 miles, and just blew out a CV boot. I thought it was an oil leak, took it to my local mechanic, and he discovered the boot had split open and sprayed grease on the catalytic converter.

Aside from the occasional issue, I'm still enjoying the Tribeca - it's a nice blend of sport & utility.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
ALTribeca
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338766
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Tribeca
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub!eDr!ver View Post
That might be because there aren't a large number of Tribecas out there, and it's usually a relatively small percentage of owners interested enough to hang out on chat boards.
^ This. Sadly.

Quote:
I have over 132,000 miles, and just blew out a CV boot. I thought it was an oil leak, took it to my local mechanic, and he discovered the boot had split open and sprayed grease on the catalytic converter.
I had that happen on my '05 LGT. It was fun watching smoke come out of the hood-scoop. Well, sorta fun.
ALTribeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
Sub!eDr!ver
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2007 Tribeca Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTribeca View Post
^ This. Sadly.

I had that happen on my '05 LGT. It was fun watching smoke come out of the hood-scoop. Well, sorta fun.
Sorta like a smoker blowing smoke out their nostrils?
Okay, that's it, I need a hood scoop on my Tribeca...
Old 03-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
ALTribeca
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338766
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Tribeca
Silver

Kinda...more like an angry dragon. But then again, it probably seemed like more because it was coming from under my hood, while I was in the car.
ALTribeca is offline   Reply With Quote