Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday July 12, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
New England Subaru Impreza Club
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > New England Impreza Club Forum -- NESIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #201
Counterfit
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 124254
Join Date: Aug 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Rhode Island
Vehicle:
2006 06 SGM Slowbaru
"The Scoobinator"

Default

Sunapee has the same deal on Wednesdays, but they're not really comparable.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Counterfit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #202
mmendrek075
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 289228
Join Date: Jul 2011
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Mass
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX Wag
PMS

Default

mmendrek075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #203
rkjunior
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112220
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Waltham, MA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5DR Premium
DGM

Default

Cannon is hit or miss, though. Any wind and it turns to ice quick.
rkjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #204
stevejones19
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 275250
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Lacey, WA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
White

Default

Ah man, I work monday/Tuesday at Sunapee, so I won't be able to take advantage of that deal. I just ride Sunapee and Okemo since they free for working at Sunapee.

I was at Okemo today. Pretty fun. Lots of snow in the trees in South Face that was untouched.
stevejones19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #205
nhmtns
Scooby Guru
 
Member#: 94283
Join Date: Aug 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Mt. Washington Valley, NH
Vehicle:
'05 OBXT Stage 2
Min bil är svart

Default

Attitash/Bear Peak was pretty good today. Skied with my students. The snow in the glades was deep but heavy - definitely worked your legs. The trails were well covered but a little slow in the early afternoon. We got 12"-16" out of yesterday's storm.

Saw a newer WRB WRX sedan with MA plates, a ski rack, and winter wheel setup in the Attitash parking lot.
nhmtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #206
Bampalo
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 157665
Join Date: Aug 2007
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Billerica, MA
Vehicle:
2005 Sti

Default

If anyone is looking for a used board, I'm trying to move my old one. 153cm long Lamar with Amstel Light graphics. Up on CL here:

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/spo/3650525284.html
Bampalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #207
SmartMart
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 348584
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: South Shore
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejones19 View Post
Ah man, I work monday/Tuesday at Sunapee, so I won't be able to take advantage of that deal. I just ride Sunapee and Okemo since they free for working at Sunapee.
I love the park at Sunapee man. Used to ride there a lot in high school. Haven't been up there this year yet however. Been to Loon, Mt Snow, Stowe, Sunday River , Smuggs then the king: Jay Peak (best riding so far this year)

I'm clearly addicted haha
SmartMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #208
SmartMart
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 348584
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: South Shore
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkjunior View Post
Cannon is hit or miss, though. Any wind and it turns to ice quick.
You're right man. Cannon can turn to ice at a moments notice. First trip early season there for me this year was basically that after lunch and my second and third trips up there have been blessed with decent snowpack TGoD
SmartMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #209
Bad Noodle
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 174442
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NNJ
Vehicle:
2007 SuperWagon
I don't spell well

Default

Hey guys, I'm kinda new skiing and need a bit of help. I'm almost all the way through the season and my ankles are killing me. The inside ball joint on both feet is sensitive to the point where I can't walk in my ski boots anymore.

So I'm not sure what to do. Every internet site says to go to a boot fitter, but I don't know any good ones around. I need to do something quick as I'm taking the day off wednesday to ski with the wife. So anyone solve this problem? Have any quick fixes? there are no real pressure points I can find, I tried grinding the shell a bit and it didn't make a difference. The only thing that seems to help is to wrap my lower calf with a bandage to try and get some more space between the ankle and the shell. any other ideas?

Thanks
Bad Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #210
SmartMart
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 348584
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: South Shore
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Noodle View Post
Hey guys, I'm kinda new skiing and need a bit of help. I'm almost all the way through the season and my ankles are killing me. The inside ball joint on both feet is sensitive to the point where I can't walk in my ski boots anymore.

So I'm not sure what to do. Every internet site says to go to a boot fitter, but I don't know any good ones around. I need to do something quick as I'm taking the day off wednesday to ski with the wife. So anyone solve this problem? Have any quick fixes? there are no real pressure points I can find, I tried grinding the shell a bit and it didn't make a difference. The only thing that seems to help is to wrap my lower calf with a bandage to try and get some more space between the ankle and the shell. any other ideas?

Thanks
You might wanna either take a trip to a reputable area ski and board shop as they will typically know how to fit you for boots. Or you could try more socks? Thicker socks? If going the new boot route I suggest you prepare to spend money as well, comfortable ski boots aren't inexpensive these days.

I Stress: You must walk around in prospective ski boots for a minimum of 30 minutes with them still maintaining comfort before buying them. The longer the time you spend in the store with the boots on before buying the better. Comfort over long periods of time is key. Best of luck!
SmartMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #211
Bad Noodle
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 174442
Join Date: Mar 2008
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Location: NNJ
Vehicle:
2007 SuperWagon
I don't spell well

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMart View Post
You might wanna either take a trip to a reputable area ski and board shop as they will typically know how to fit you for boots. Or you could try more socks? Thicker socks? If going the new boot route I suggest you prepare to spend money as well, comfortable ski boots aren't inexpensive these days.

I Stress: You must walk around in prospective ski boots for a minimum of 30 minutes with them still maintaining comfort before buying them. The longer the time you spend in the store with the boots on before buying the better. Comfort over long periods of time is key. Best of luck!
Thanks for the info. These are brand new ski boots I got this year. They were super comfy/no problems for 2 months and all of a sudden the pain set in. I think it might be from the padding finally packing down.

I did notice though that the boots are slightly canted toward the outside. When I stand in the boot, my ankle touches the shell. They'reSalomon SPK Pros if that means anything.
Bad Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #212
SmartMart
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 348584
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: South Shore
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Noodle View Post

Thanks for the info. These are brand new ski boots I got this year. They were super comfy/no problems for 2 months and all of a sudden the pain set in. I think it might be from the padding finally packing down.

I did notice though that the boots are slightly canted toward the outside. When I stand in the boot, my ankle touches the shell. They'reSalomon SPK Pros if that means anything.
It really depends how frequently you wore the boots and skied in them during that two month period of comfort you experienced. Could really just be the breaking in of the boot as well. I've heard your problem frequently before from people who buy used ski boots as the boots have sometimes already molded to another's foot.

I'm a snowboarder by hobby but I have skied and used to work in the industry at a board and ski shop selling boots to all haha
SmartMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #213
rkjunior
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 112220
Join Date: Apr 2006
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Waltham, MA
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5DR Premium
DGM

Default

Killington was AWESOME this weekend. Rode Sat/Sun and the snow was incredible. It was foggy up at the top so I stayed over on the Ram's Head side but it was an almost perfect weekend. Best time up there in a long time.
rkjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #214
leach0789
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 210903
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Cranston, RI
Vehicle:
02 WRX/Turbo Miata
Nitrous Rhodes

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMart View Post
You're right man. Cannon can turn to ice at a moments notice. First trip early season there for me this year was basically that after lunch and my second and third trips up there have been blessed with decent snowpack TGoD
Have you been to Cannon recently? I'm heading up there Saturday. Anyone know how the conditions are? Looks like its going to be a little warm
leach0789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #215
SmartMart
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 348584
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: South Shore
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leach0789 View Post

Have you been to Cannon recently? I'm heading up there Saturday. Anyone know how the conditions are? Looks like its going to be a little warm
I went to Cannon last Tuesday. So almost a week ago now. It was gorgeous. 2+ feet in the untouched tree areas, unfortunately parts of the glades were exposed with various rocks scattered underneath thin snowpack. Groomers were fine but if you're a backcountry fiend like me I suggest hit VT this weekend as the snow quality is always better further north.

Ill be heading up to either Smuggs or Jay Peak this weekend myself while praying for some good snow later this week up towards the Canadian border.
SmartMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #216
RR
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 48191
Join Date: Nov 2003
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Little Rhody
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Ducati Monster

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMart View Post
I went to Cannon last Tuesday. So almost a week ago now. It was gorgeous. 2+ feet in the untouched tree areas, unfortunately parts of the glades were exposed with various rocks scattered underneath thin snowpack. Groomers were fine but if you're a backcountry fiend like me I suggest hit VT this weekend as the snow quality is always better further north.

Ill be heading up to either Smuggs or Jay Peak this weekend myself while praying for some good snow later this week up towards the Canadian border.
I second that, I was at Jay last week and it was great. There is not much natural snow base in NH along the northern 93 belt although I did have a really good day at Ragged a week and a half ago after the last weekend storm.

Heading to UT for a few days leaving Wed, looks like snow every day we are there, can't wait.
RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #217
Fish
RIP Sirkbac
 
Member#: 869
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Nashua NH
Vehicle:
1987 GPZ-750 TURBO
90' MX-5/11' DGM STi Sdn

Default

Did wachusett today, was there for 930 after a pretty crap drive in from Nashua.

There was 12" at the base ski racks when I arrived and it dumped till 1pm.

Didn't take long for the runs to get tracked out but you could shoot through the trees pretty much anywhere past conifer connection and have a good time. 30" of sifted snow in the glades, it was pretty unreal for wawa. Had you feeling like a hero till you chased powder stashes into bad areas.

By the time I had nothing left from the glades the runs had frozen up a little and the bumps were too much for my legs.

15 or so runs with mostly no lines and a few beers.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #218
stevejones19
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 275250
Join Date: Feb 2011
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Lacey, WA
Vehicle:
2006 WRX
White

Default

I rode Sunapee today unroll about noon. It was ok. Only like 3-4 inches, and harpack underneath.
stevejones19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #219
SmartMart
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 348584
Join Date: Feb 2013
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: South Shore
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Did wachusett today, was there for 930 after a pretty crap drive in from Nashua.

There was 12" at the base ski racks when I arrived and it dumped till 1pm.

Didn't take long for the runs to get tracked out but you could shoot through the trees pretty much anywhere past conifer connection and have a good time. 30" of sifted snow in the glades, it was pretty unreal for wawa. Had you feeling like a hero till you chased powder stashes into bad areas.

By the time I had nothing left from the glades the runs had frozen up a little and the bumps were too much for my legs.

15 or so runs with mostly no lines and a few beers.
Hitting up wachusett tomorrow AM. Hope there's still some powder left!!
SmartMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #220
Fish
RIP Sirkbac
 
Member#: 869
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Nashua NH
Vehicle:
1987 GPZ-750 TURBO
90' MX-5/11' DGM STi Sdn

Default

If you go looking I'm sure you'll still find some powder. Still plenty going when I ducked out at 4pm as the night crew showed.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #221
funnyman06
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 314743
Join Date: Mar 2012
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: West Warwick, RI
Vehicle:
2006 LGT
SWP

Default

Was thinking of doing some night snowboarding at wachusetts tonight, hopefully the snow is still pretty decent. Anyone else going looking to meet up?
funnyman06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #222
Fish
RIP Sirkbac
 
Member#: 869
Join Date: Feb 2000
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Nashua NH
Vehicle:
1987 GPZ-750 TURBO
90' MX-5/11' DGM STi Sdn

Default

Should be some of the best groomer snow at wawa this season.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #223
Duvanator
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 217257
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, Canada
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i hatch
Satin White Wrap

Default

I made it out to Whiteface a couple of weeks ago, can never complain about being out on the mountain!

I also threw this video together for some fun and to share

Duvanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #224
leach0789
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 210903
Join Date: May 2009
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Cranston, RI
Vehicle:
02 WRX/Turbo Miata
Nitrous Rhodes

Default

Hit Cannon yesterday and sunapee today. Wow, what a weekend it was. I'm sunburned!
leach0789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #225
RSblood
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 87778
Join Date: May 2005
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Location: Needham, MA
Vehicle:
1990 Miata
2001 Saab Viggen

Default

Was up in the North Conway area this weekend. Had free tickets to Shawnee Peak which wasn't too bad. Had some nice small "cliff" drops towards the top that if you got enough speed, you could get some substantial hang time.
Was driving down rt16 with my girlfriend and drove by Wildcat and Mt.Washington base area and noticed a LOT of cars at the base of Mt. Washington. Anyone here ever hike and ski Tuckermans? I've been purchasing equipment over the past 2 months to make the trip and attempt Tuckermans.
My biggest questions are for those who have done it:
What did you use for hiking boots? Has anyone done it with snowboard boots/ snowboard boots with snow shoes? Seems like there are some big trades offs between snowboard boots and hiking shoes for a 2+ hour hike.
Are there trails that run to the base parking area?
RSblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2014, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.